Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4372 4373 [4374] 4375 4376 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9425544 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65595 on: September 12, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »

One of my cats spends all his time inside, just laying about and occasionally meowing for something, usually food, even though he's very fat as it is. It's like he's afraid to go outside, but is terminally bored.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65596 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:01 pm »

Roleplay enforced MUDs without an OOC or chatter channel. I think it's nice to be able to be friendly with the people behind the characters, at least on occasion, and it makes me sad that I am turned off of a lot of pretty neat games because it's all roleplay, all the time.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65597 on: September 12, 2013, 03:38:14 pm »

@ Sky: For the love of everything that is holy, don't launch a world-destroying nuke.

Wait until I'm off the planet first.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65598 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »

I can't decide if the world's gone mad or if it's always been mad and we're just better able to realize that now.
Fairly sure the overall (at least in the western world ::)) percentage of that-crap to population has been steadily reducing. There's just a lot more of us, we're just a lot better at noticing it, and a goddamn monkeyfrakking hell of a lot better of vomiting that shit all over national news. Ratings!

Finally giving up on my great-grandmother's bathmat ;_;
Just want to say... if that bathmat has lasted three (four?) generations, you totes need to go find whoever made it and procure another one. And maybe tell the rest of us where it came from >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65599 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »

Knowing Vector's family, her grandmother probably made the bathmat herself... with her teeth.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65600 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:37 pm »

Have you tried getting him to play with a laser pointer, some string or the like?
Hasn't worked in years. He likes being held and coddled, though.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65601 on: September 12, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »

Roleplay enforced MUDs without an OOC or chatter channel. I think it's nice to be able to be friendly with the people behind the characters, at least on occasion, and it makes me sad that I am turned off of a lot of pretty neat games because it's all roleplay, all the time.
There's MUDS with no OOCs? How bizarre.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65602 on: September 12, 2013, 07:22:19 pm »

There's MUDS with no OOCs? How bizarre.

Quite a few of them, actually. I mean, there is usually a newbie channel at the very least but restricted to questions only. I keep looking for a new fun MUD and then roleplay-enforced no OOC D: Come on, a toggle OOC can't ruin that many people's days.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65603 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

Finally giving up on my great-grandmother's bathmat ;_;
Just want to say... if that bathmat has lasted three (four?) generations, you totes need to go find whoever made it and procure another one. And maybe tell the rest of us where it came from >_>

Well, it used to be bright orange and is now completely white. . . most things will last just about forever if you take good care of them.  I still wear clothing my mother wore in high school, for example.  No holes, fabric is good, etc.

EDIT: I feel really lonely, somehow.  It's a strange feeling.  The closer I get to people, the more delicate my inner self becomes, until I'm confounded by my utter fragility in the face of warm emotions.  It doesn't matter how strong and tough I get, I always feel myself melting away into something more lacy.

I don't know what to say, really.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:31:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65604 on: September 12, 2013, 10:05:59 pm »

So... you want yourself to be more emotionless?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65605 on: September 12, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »

Not really.  It's a good kind of feeling sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65606 on: September 12, 2013, 10:48:13 pm »

I really should go to sleep but I just don't feel like it tonight. Instead I'll end up staying up late and being sleepy in school, but geez, I am just not able to care right now, which is bad. Fridays make me meh!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65607 on: September 12, 2013, 11:33:49 pm »

-blah blah words and failing in conveying thought-
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:26:10 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65608 on: September 13, 2013, 01:30:07 am »

I get the loneliness part, but in a different sense. By the end of the day, having friends can accentuate my loneliness as opposed to alleviating it. I know mine cannot be a singular, unique turmoil, but with whom can I share it? To whom can I relate my peculiar trains of thought, my odd motions and gait, my unpopular ideas? I'm left, as always, to nurse my feelings.

Stoicism sucks. So does melodrama. I just don't know any more.

THUMBS UP KINSPIRIT

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65609 on: September 13, 2013, 03:32:17 am »

Stoicism sucks. So does melodrama. I just don't know any more.
Have you tried heroin?

(Or running, for that matter :P)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 4372 4373 [4374] 4375 4376 ... 8167