Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4369 4370 [4371] 4372 4373 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421555 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65550 on: September 10, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

I regret looking at the real life body horror page on TVtropes.

I need to do something to wipe my memory.
Look at the examples for 'Eye Scream'.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65551 on: September 10, 2013, 05:57:03 pm »

I want to wipe my memory of any reference to something similar. Not going to name names but thinking about it makes me feel unclean, especially with how my memory is very good at retaining visual stimuli.

Also the reason I came here is I was reminiscing about a crush I had in high school who is these days addicted to meth and homeless. That's two of my crushes that somehow ended up like that and it's kind of depressing. At least I can take solace in knowing that there was nothing I could do about it and that it's not my problem anymore but I still cannot help but feel sorry for both of them.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65552 on: September 10, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »

I don't know what to put here, but I seem to be upset about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65553 on: September 10, 2013, 06:43:42 pm »

Just don't become upset about being upset, down that road lies madness.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65554 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »

Just don't become upset about being upset, down that road lies madness.
Oh man, I hate it when people do that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65555 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:07 pm »

I've been upset over being upset or over not being upset, but that's always shorthand for "there's another issue."

I'm not upset over being upset.  I think I'm upset over some other things, which aren't really a big deal but which I still find upsetting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65556 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

I've been upset over being upset or over not being upset, but that's always shorthand for "there's another issue."

I'm not upset over being upset.  I think I'm upset over some other things, which aren't really a big deal but which I still find upsetting.

Ahh you are a lingerer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65557 on: September 10, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »

I don't... think so...

I've been upset over not being upset when it was "I'm not at all upset over ending this 10-month relationship and really wish I hadn't invested all that time into something with zero developed attachment and positive feeling," and I've been upset over being upset when it was "I wish I had the emotional strength and maturity to deal with X situation without getting this upset, because I understand that this is really trivial and I don't like it stopping my life like this."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65558 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:43 am »

I want to wipe my memory of any reference to something similar. Not going to name names but thinking about it makes me feel unclean, especially with how my memory is very good at retaining visual stimuli.

If who you're talking about is who I think you're talking about, they've tried to clean up about him.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65559 on: September 11, 2013, 03:25:35 am »

I have a sore stomach, making it hard to study for an important physics practical assessment :L
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #65560 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:02 am »

I wholly despise every single person at my workplace with a painful intensity. Seeing patients is about the only time I'm not raging, which is quite lucky, because the rest of the time I'm fuming so badly I quiver in pure fury
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:56:55 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #65561 on: September 11, 2013, 09:56:47 am »

I wholly despise every single person at my workplace with a painful intensity. Seeing patients is about the only time I'm not raging, which is quite lucky, because the rest of the time I'm fuming so badly I quiver in pure fury
I guess whenever you talk to them, you could try to repeat them (mentally) in the voice of Morgan Freeman.

Morgan Freeman makes ANYTHING better.
I'm trying, but all I manage is James Earl Jones...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65562 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:34 am »

I don't... think so...

Your not someone who when they get into a bad mood they stay in a bad mood for a long time?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65563 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »

Interviewed for a job a couple days ago. I found out that I didn't get it today, even though I blew away the interviewer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65564 on: September 11, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

Interviewed for a job a couple days ago. I found out that I didn't get it today, even though I blew away the interviewer.

I am often finding this. Often they will just interview you with the intent that you could "surprise" them or the other person could "mess up" and they have otherwise have already made their choice.
Pages: 1 ... 4369 4370 [4371] 4372 4373 ... 8167