Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4370 4371 [4372] 4373 4374 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424171 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65565 on: September 11, 2013, 02:11:01 pm »

Dat feeling when the girl you're attracted to has a hoodie on that says 'Kiss Me I'm Canadian'? THE TEMPTATION IS RATHER CONSIDERABLE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #65566 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »

My dog died. It's been a while coming, but she was put down earlier today. She had gotten pretty damn old (She's older then I am, at 17), and we were simply too poor to keep taking care of her. Between her liver slowly giving out, and her becoming incontinent, we had started getting complaints from the building, and her Quality of Life had deteriorated. Blind, deaf, and with matted fur. We could have even kept her a couple years more, had we had the money to.

I still can't believe it. I held her in my arms earlier today.

Dat feeling when the girl you're attracted to has a hoodie on that says 'Kiss Me I'm Canadian'? THE TEMPTATION IS RATHER CONSIDERABLE
I can't tell you I see many people with "Kiss me I'm Canadian" on them. Even attractive girls. Maybe upstate, we're on the border after all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65567 on: September 11, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »

My dog died. It's been a while coming, but she was put down earlier today. She had gotten pretty damn old (She's older then I am, at 17), and we were simply too poor to keep taking care of her. Between her liver slowly giving out, and her becoming incontinent, we had started getting complaints from the building, and her Quality of Life had deteriorated. Blind, deaf, and with matted fur. We could have even kept her a couple years more, had we had the money to.

I still can't believe it. I held her in my arms earlier today.

I can't tell you I see many people with "Kiss me I'm Canadian" on them. Even attractive girls. Maybe upstate, we're on the border after all.
I am in Canada, so...
Condolences for your dog.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65568 on: September 11, 2013, 02:39:18 pm »

Your not someone who when they get into a bad mood they stay in a bad mood for a long time?

Nope.  When I get in a bad mood, I do not stay in a bad mood for a long time over the same stimulus.  When I do, it's because there's some underlying issue that needs to be addressed.  Then I think it over and I feel fine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65569 on: September 11, 2013, 07:30:14 pm »

Nope.  When I get in a bad mood, I do not stay in a bad mood for a long time over the same stimulus.  When I do, it's because there's some underlying issue that needs to be addressed.  Then I think it over and I feel fine.
Same for me. Give me 10 minutes after someone upsets me (kinda hard to do?) and I'll be rational again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65570 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »

Ugh, what a brutal day. Up at 4am, get stopped at two different border checkpoints and a weigh station, get stuck on what I thought was a freeway but was actually one very long, very low-speed coastal road for over two hours. While on said coastal road, I nearly ran out of diesel and just barely limped into the first (and only) truck stop I could find to refuel.

Later I try to tell my dispatcher that I'm very low on hours and should find a spot to begin my 34-hour reset. He tells me that I have 4 hours left and the next pickup is only 30 miles away, so go ahead and pick it up before shutting down.

That 30 miles was through the heart of Los Angeles during the busiest time of day. It was two hours later when I arrived at the shipper: the same place that was the source of my minor sad thread freakout last time. Thankfully those particular screwups were not repeated this time, so that's good news. Now I am just exhausted.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65571 on: September 11, 2013, 09:55:32 pm »

It takes me a few hours to get over most things. Problem is, most things don't hit me very hard emotionally in the first place. Things that do are usually big.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65572 on: September 11, 2013, 10:02:08 pm »

I'm not usually effected by much unless it's recurring issues over extended periods that wear me down... and then I become super sensitive to those issues and any rub with them throws me into massive angst.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65573 on: September 11, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »

Same for me. Give me 10 minutes after someone upsets me (kinda hard to do?) and I'll be rational again.

One bad mood can drive me into a bad mood for whole weeks.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65574 on: September 11, 2013, 10:17:27 pm »

*sigh* I'm really starting to feel like this calculus homework is getting in the way of me learning calculus.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65575 on: September 11, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

I'unno how you folks can just get over some of these things.
Nah most people are really bad at it. I'm just super good at it. No repression or anything. I just have a lot of apathy so it's easy for me to reason and understand why someone's upset. I've never been uncontrollably angry, and the only stuff that really gets me in a knot is when people don't want to see extremely clear reason. Heck I'm always in a good mood. I doubt it shines over my posts though so I feel like people often miss out on the real me and that makes me a bit sad sometimes. Otherwise totally positive and supportive and what have you.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65576 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

I don't want to go to the store tonight or tomorrow. I want to save the $2.37 USD I have left so I can maybe buy a game on Steam next week. But I've got this urge to buy some Mountain Dew and I'm not certain if I'll be able to resist it, especially since two the of the games I want to buy I could also download via uTorrent like I have numerous times before.

I want to purchase these games but I also want the Mountain Dew. I want to stop spending all of my spare change on soda, snacks and energy drinks but I don't know if I'll be able to without some serious help. It's kind of a habit now thanks to some bad advice I got from someone a year ago.

I don't know, I'm kind of just really conflicted right now. I don't like being conflicted as it's kind of depressing. The only idea I've got to perhaps solve this is to take a look at the website I make my grocery lists with and then go from there. I want to stop spending all of my spare change on snacks and buy video games and anime again but it's kind of hard to stop medicating myself with snacks as it's kind of a habit now.

I think it will work out though. I might just need to try a little harder. Maybe my mother might have some advice on this?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65577 on: September 11, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

What game?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65578 on: September 12, 2013, 12:40:45 am »

I don't want to go to the store tonight or tomorrow. I want to save the $2.37 USD I have left so I can maybe buy a game on Steam next week. But I've got this urge to buy some Mountain Dew and I'm not certain if I'll be able to resist it, especially since two the of the games I want to buy I could also download via uTorrent like I have numerous times before.

I want to purchase these games but I also want the Mountain Dew. I want to stop spending all of my spare change on soda, snacks and energy drinks but I don't know if I'll be able to without some serious help. It's kind of a habit now thanks to some bad advice I got from someone a year ago.

I don't know, I'm kind of just really conflicted right now. I don't like being conflicted as it's kind of depressing. The only idea I've got to perhaps solve this is to take a look at the website I make my grocery lists with and then go from there. I want to stop spending all of my spare change on snacks and buy video games and anime again but it's kind of hard to stop medicating myself with snacks as it's kind of a habit now.

I think it will work out though. I might just need to try a little harder. Maybe my mother might have some advice on this?
JUST DRINK SOME ICE WATER, ASSHOLE.  IT'S COLD AND DELICIOUS.  DON'T BE SODA'S BITCH.

Disclaimer:  The proceeding comment was heavily vodka fueled.  You are free to not take said comment seriously.  However, if you do take said comment seriously, then you will be drinking ice water and not Mountain Dew.  Obviously.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65579 on: September 12, 2013, 01:51:43 am »

Shakerag's right though (discarding all expletives). Drinking water is tons better than any carbonated drink or energy drink out there. Clean. Potable. Water.

And try to eat more 'filling' food breaks, and not processed snacks. That's a money grabber. I'm thinking high-carbohydrate foods here, but that's just me.

And try to stop yourself from drinking soda, from a gradual decrease to stopping at all. It's worth it. =)
Pages: 1 ... 4370 4371 [4372] 4373 4374 ... 8167