Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453699 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36390 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:40 am »

Redking, if my headmemory serves you work at UPS, right?

^_^ I may be getting my computer today after all!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36391 on: September 05, 2011, 06:15:07 am »

Aqizzar works for UPS. RedKing drinks, smokes and shoot guns (or at least I suspect he desires to do so while showing government employees how to use Word).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36392 on: September 05, 2011, 06:17:33 am »

Have you seen the latest MSWord? So sexy robotnic! Seriously, if I didn't get it for free, I would still pay for it.

Fuck, I am the only Microsoft fanboy who doesn't like the Xbox.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36393 on: September 05, 2011, 07:01:11 am »

Aqizzar works for UPS. RedKing drinks, smokes and shoot guns (or at least I suspect he desires to do so while showing government employees how to use Word).
aw, now I really am sad.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36394 on: September 05, 2011, 07:27:28 am »

Saw a bunch of old friends, we had a party. Good.

The gf of one of my friends drank way too much, got angry drunk and super pissed at him, threw his iphone at the ground and shattered it, and said a bunch of horrible shit following the party. Bad.

We helped talk things out with him to cheer him up as best as we could in the other room. Good.

His gf pulled something weird with a drunk guy still passed out in their room. She ran into the room where we were talking and said this guy was trying to get touchy feely with her, but when we went over and spoke with him he said she was basically trying to seduce him.

So we had him come to our room so she could pass out without incident. As she's talking with one of my friends as her bf is avoiding her by staying in the bathroom, she tries to get my friend to lie in bed with her. Then as I help her get back to her room, as she closes the door she asks me to sleep with her while taking off her clothes and stripping down to her undergarments. I gave her a gentle nudge towards the bed, told her good night, and buggered out of there.

There's a whole lot of crazy shit going on in my life but all I can think about is how horrible I feel for my buddy and how I'm vaguely glad to be single.

Drugs aren't always bad, but when you lose control like that... sigh.

I spoke with my ex from 3 years ago for some dumb reason on the phone. Then I had a huge nostalgia trip listening to music - it's kind of nice though. :|
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:31:15 am by KaelGotDwarves »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36395 on: September 05, 2011, 08:10:25 am »

too much faffeine...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36396 on: September 05, 2011, 09:28:50 am »

aw, now I really am sad.

The saddest part is that the government employees are off. Cause, y'know...Federal holiday and all that. But because the long arm of the law never sleeps (or never stops checking its fucking Blackberry), somebody has to be here.

On the upside, I get overtime pay for the whole 10 hours. w00t!
On the downside, that extra pay is already spent. T_T

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36397 on: September 05, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

And now sick today... I was gonna go to work, too. Bleh. Between that and getting about 5 hours of sleep over 9 hours of lying on the floor, this day is not starting out very well. Hope my cat doesn't catch fire.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36398 on: September 05, 2011, 10:19:46 am »

Just got banned from HellMOO. I didn't grief anybody, I didn't kill any non NPC's, I didn't steal anything. I didn't break any rule at all. Fuck you, Gillmore, you fucking prick. Time to move onto HateMOO. I will have my revenge in time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:28:31 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36399 on: September 05, 2011, 10:50:40 am »

Just got banned from HellMOO. I didn't grief anybody, I didn't kill any non NPC's, I didn't steal anything. I didn't break any rule at all. Fuck you, Gillmore, you fucking prick. Time to move onto HateMOO. I will have my revenge in time.

Why did you get banned then?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36400 on: September 05, 2011, 10:51:54 am »

Why did you get banned then?
I don't have a clue.

[EDIT] I'm pretty pissed off, which is limiting my ability to think. I'm going to calm down and try to remember if I broke any rules.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36401 on: September 05, 2011, 11:15:03 am »

You could email them and ask.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36402 on: September 05, 2011, 11:17:47 am »

You could email them and ask.
Yeah, I think I will.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36403 on: September 05, 2011, 11:40:06 am »

Caught in the middle of a bunch of bureaucratic, office politics bullshit at work.  ::)

This is why I'll never be in management -- I have zero tolerance for this kind of shit, and very little regard for an artificial hierarchy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36404 on: September 05, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »

Caught in the middle of a bunch of bureaucratic, office politics bullshit at work.  ::)

This is why I'll never be in management -- I have zero tolerance for this kind of shit, and very little regard for an artificial hierarchy.
This is why I'm dreading going back into work tonight. Why can't anyone let the job stay simple?

I want a friend, a not-so-school friend, to complain with about all this stuff, and Thyme is not going to suffice because she'll just go "oh yeah my school is hard too."  If she were working this hard, I'd be happy to hear it, but she's apparently got enough time to blow that she can spend entire weekends on D&D and dating, instead of bashing her head on yet another dead philosopher.
A once good friend of mine got into Oxford on the back of much hard work on her part. Last time I spoke with her she complained that a friend of hers (no apostrophe?), doing the same course, had the same amount of homework a month as she had a week. Universities really vary but then a degree from one is often better than the same from another.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:48:42 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 8167