Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454987 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36420 on: September 05, 2011, 04:33:17 pm »

I am terribly sorry if I offended anyone, especially those who stayed silent on their thoughts regarding my post. That was not my intent. When I went back and read what was written with a clear mind, I was horrified by my own lack of judgement regarding the content of my writing. I will henceforth attempt to avoid any further offensive content in my posts. I thank all of you who put your faith in me and regarded the incident as a slip of the mind, and again, I apologize to everyone for having to put up with my stupidity.

Bro, you are a cool dude =)  Thanks for the apology.

I am sad today because the hardest part of college right now is forcing myself to do the reading, when it should really be the problem sets that are giving me pause.  On the other hand, I'm now discovering that the greatest volume of work is in reading, and reading well, rather than the homework.  So long as you read well, the homework is kind of trivial.

On the other hand, I really don't like progressing at 10 pages per hour.  It may guarantee that I absorb the information and think a great deal more clearly, but it also makes lecture (when they generally sit there telling us what we're supposed to be getting out of the reading) a hell of a lot more boring.

I miss my irresponsible childhood ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36421 on: September 05, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »

I have only a 60GB bandwidth cap. Dammit, if you're not using all your bandwidth to download large amounts of data for the sole purpose of gaming, you're wasting your life.

This is good advice. You should feel good for giving it. Good enough to change threads, even.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36422 on: September 05, 2011, 04:37:03 pm »

Honestly though, the only person I know who has gone over comcast's 250 gig cap multiple times and actually gotten a letter about it was running like a dozen clients of botting for Maple Story and made $1200 that month.

Vector, PM you once I get back from Tahoe and take care of related work/friend craziness :] Let's find time to hang out again soon - the tea shoppe I like reopened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36423 on: September 05, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »

Ooh!  Yes, we'll go!

Also, I ended up reporting someone.  That makes me sad, but it seemed like an unsalvageable situation for discourse.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36424 on: September 05, 2011, 04:48:38 pm »

I'm in a good mood, for the wrong reasons.
For how much longer can I rely on video games to fix my mood?

I'd like to skip that remaining month until university.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36425 on: September 05, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »

My dad just went on a 45 minute bigoted rant about how, "We should bomb all the Muslims...." [facepalm]. So basically he's advocating genocide? So very much wrong with this.... He's done this before; it is incredibly saddening and shameful. I don't know how I'm not far more screwed up than I am coming from him. I explained to him the usual sensible things: its only a small minority that are extremists, etc etc etc. Sooner or later, mostly later unfortunately, he runs out of steam.

I'd like to apologize how he should, but won't.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:37:06 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36426 on: September 05, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »

Ugh.. Feeling really sick now.
blegh, wish I could forget everything..
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36427 on: September 05, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »

If it's in a state one would call a rant I don't think they are open to a discussion. Just steam being blown off. If you get in the way of that all you'll get is a face full of steam. And depending on the person their opinions can swing wildly from a crude exaggerated remark to a more sensible reflection of their actual beliefs. I wana say don't worry about it too much, but you are one of those people who are very proactive about things being right. The best I can give is the sympathy of having a difficult father to deal with. I know what it's like buddy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36428 on: September 05, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »

Low self-esteem.

I don't feel fit to be around people right now, but I'm too damned lonely to do the right thing and close myself off in my room.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36429 on: September 05, 2011, 06:42:34 pm »

If it's in a state one would call a rant I don't think they are open to a discussion. Just steam being blown off. If you get in the way of that all you'll get is a face full of steam. And depending on the person their opinions can swing wildly from a crude exaggerated remark to a more sensible reflection of their actual beliefs. I wana say don't worry about it too much, but you are one of those people who are very proactive about things being right. The best I can give is the sympathy of having a difficult father to deal with. I know what it's like buddy.

Thank you, I do appreciate it.

Low self-esteem.

I don't feel fit to be around people right now, but I'm too damned lonely to do the right thing and close myself off in my room.

You're often a better person than I am Vector, so "the right thing," isn't a world lacking you. I do hope you somehow feel better. Unfortunately, well wishing is all I can offer.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36430 on: September 05, 2011, 06:47:05 pm »

Yeah, sorry.  And thank you.

I don't know what's wrong with me.  It's one of those days where I don't feel like me, and I'm so angry at these problems because I don't have to even think about them.  The answers are already locked in my heart, even when I've never seen then before.

I hate that feeling.  I like it when mathematics feels like a thing exterior to me that I'm discovering with a friend, not like I'm looking down and it was already there because I'm not a person, I'm mathematics.

I wish I had more people I could talk to about this, personally, friend-to-friend, without feeling like I'm crazy.  But when I talk to someone, inevitably they feel far away.  So I think "Why am I such good friends with mathematics and I can't get anywhere close to people?  This isn't the way things are supposed to go."

I need a person living in me to keep me sane =/

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36431 on: September 05, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »

Yeah, sorry.  And thank you.

I don't know what's wrong with me.  It's one of those days where I don't feel like me, and I'm so angry at these problems because I don't have to even think about them.  The answers are already locked in my heart, even when I've never seen then before.

I hate that feeling.  I like it when mathematics feels like a thing exterior to me that I'm discovering with a friend, not like I'm looking down and it was already there because I'm not a person, I'm mathematics.

I wish I had more people I could talk to about this, personally, friend-to-friend, without feeling like I'm crazy.  But when I talk to someone, inevitably they feel far away.  So I think "Why am I such good friends with mathematics and I can't get anywhere close to people?  This isn't the way things are supposed to go."

That was awfully poetic. If you do find yourself alone again, even now, you could certainly try your hand at poetry. Maybe like a self-discovery thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36432 on: September 05, 2011, 07:14:05 pm »

If you need someone to talk at, I can lend an ear. Although. That probably won't help, since I don't know enough about any of the things that you're occupying your time with to participate on an intellectual level, and between being so far away physically and being so terrible at projecting emotion vocally I probably wouldn't be able to lend anything empathy-wise and would just exacerbate the feeling-far-awayness.

...Dammit, self, you are the worst at pep talks. NEEDS MORE UPLIFTING. brb gonna grind my friendship skill.

In unrelated news, my throat has got worse despite the garlic tea! So now I'm attempting to control the symptoms with orange juice, lemon-lime soda, and menthol lozenges. Oh, sweet menthol, you are the best chemical right now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36433 on: September 05, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:06:21 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36434 on: September 05, 2011, 08:01:45 pm »

I just sent a message to some girl who followed me all last year/flirted/confessed love for me. (E.g. she joined my anime club and sat in the same desk as me. I'd been going to this school for maybe 4 months.)

I meant to tell her to go away and break her heart.
I'm apparently very bad at breaking hearts.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 ... 8167