Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9378314 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15210 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:31 am »

On the bright side I'm signing up for self defense classes the next opportunity i get!
As they say, the most common time to buy a smoke alarm is after your house burnt down.

Still, it'd help in the future.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:56:50 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: October 24, 2010, 12:10:33 pm »

Rawr.

DnD in six hours, maps not done because I got minecraft over the weekend.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: October 24, 2010, 02:00:04 pm »

Arguing with people on xkcd about partially ordered sets, and people here about square roots.

I am going to be very ashamed of myself if I lose both of these arguments.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: October 24, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:29:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: October 24, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »

On the way home from a friends 20th last night (1am time here) I got assaulted by 3 youths, they took my phone thankfully nothing else.

On the bright side I'm signing up for self defence classes the next opportunity i get!
I always justify walking around at night by saying I have no valuables if I'm mugged, I know well enough what I have isn't worth my life, and if some crazy dude wants to rape I have a knife I won't be afraid to defend myself with, one I won't pull out unless I know they don't plan on leaving me alone untouched. I felt that self-defense courses are a lot like that knife. It's a nice option to have, but be very careful with it. If the other guy has a gun you should know when to stand down.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: October 24, 2010, 02:34:43 pm »

Yup, both arguments officially lost.

On the other hand, one was due to stupid error and the other one netted me a complete solution to the problem that's been bothering me so much.

On the other other hand, I feel like a twit for not seeing something so obvious.

On the other other other hand... no, there isn't one.  God-damn, I wish I'd figured that out myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: October 24, 2010, 02:43:49 pm »

Is there any way to get Outlook Email to route Emails to a Email provider that is not stupid and retarded?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: October 24, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »

Wow. I just Google image searched my user name and pretty much every image I have put on this forum came up.

Then I turned on safe search and every single thing I posted here was gone.

I don't know what to say to that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: October 24, 2010, 02:54:03 pm »

I just Google searched my username and the avatars of almost everyone on this forum came up, including my own. Then I turned Safe Search off and the past and present avatars of everyone in the lower forums came up. That's...I'm not sure what to say to that either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: October 24, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

I get a ton of images of Janet Jackson. Given my name isn't all that unique.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: October 24, 2010, 02:58:49 pm »

You should've sticked to some variation of Sniper Joe - Sniper Janet perhaps?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:29 pm »

I Google Imaged "Aqizzar", and I get loads of pictures that certainly look like they're related to this forum in some way, but which I've never seen before.  Lots of pics from Let's Plays, adventure threads, MSPA crap, DF visualizer stuff, and avatars.  But still, plenty of it I've never seen.  Safesearch had virtually no effect.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: October 24, 2010, 03:06:48 pm »

I just Google searched my username and the avatars of almost everyone on this forum came up, including my own. Then I turned Safe Search off and the past and present avatars of everyone in the lower forums came up. That's...I'm not sure what to say to that either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Double Down Man!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: October 24, 2010, 03:25:36 pm »

No matter who I search for from this forum, Jackrabbit and sometimes Aqizzar's avatars both show up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: October 24, 2010, 03:29:31 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:29:14 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 8166