Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7183 7184 [7185] 7186 7187 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477248 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107760 on: September 19, 2016, 01:11:52 am »

Wow. I seem to recall those strips being pretty cheap here. That sucks really badly.

I suppose changing insurance isn't an option? 'cause running on the minimum checks per day can get risky.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107761 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:52 am »

Fuck my life.
That is all.
Things going wrong
No energy to write haiku
Fuck this guy's life
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107762 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:21 am »

Fuck my life.
That is all.
Things going wrong
No energy to write haiku
Fuck this guy's life

?

It's snowing on Mt. Fuji.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107763 on: September 19, 2016, 02:15:21 am »

Poem of sadness
A double-edged haiku sword
So goddamn angsty
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #107764 on: September 19, 2016, 02:41:51 am »

Poem of sadness
A double-edged haiku sword
So goddamn angsty
It's snowing on Mt. Fuji.
FTFY
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107765 on: September 19, 2016, 02:54:27 am »

I just warned my brother to be sure to avoid the roadblocks on his way to university. Bit of a WTF moment, I guess.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107766 on: September 19, 2016, 06:21:12 am »

Was mildly bothered that I couldn't think of anything to do this evening. Mentioned this to my housemate who said 'Man I'd kill to have such trivial things on my mind'.
Then when I inquire about whatever heavy shit is on his mind, he says he doesn't want to talk about it. I ask if it's a family thing, he says 'dude you aren't getting it' and goes into his room.

It's like, not only do I feel like a shitdick because I'm obsessing over being bored, but now I'm a shit friend.

Now I get to stew in that feeling because I still haven't found something else to occupy me, yet to renew the search would somehow be even worse.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107767 on: September 19, 2016, 07:16:31 am »

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, if that's his response to your worries and enquiries, the guy sounds like a bit of a jerk.   
Or he's terribly distressed about something and has a hard time expressing his feelings. Oh well.

Sorry to hear you couldn't decide on any fulfilling activities with which to occupy your evening. I know that feeling.   

Edit:
I want my own place to live so badly. I want to live alone, so alone that it's so quiet I could hear a pin drop. I shouldn't have quit my job.
Apart from the quiet part (people's voices annoy me, true, but I'd be perfectly okay with traffic sounds or living on a train track like that scene in Se7en) this is entirely me. Living alone is my one goal in life, but unfortunately being forced to live with others saps me of any motivation/energy to take the steps to actually try and make it happen.

I mean... that'd be expensive. It'd take a lot of money, really, unless you were living in a van down by the river.
Actually, that wouldn't be so bad, but I can't drive. Dang.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:33:40 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107768 on: September 19, 2016, 07:33:16 am »

-shit-
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107769 on: September 19, 2016, 08:00:32 am »

It's actually come off the back of a discussion I had with my awesome older broski's about my moving out soonish.
That particular housemate in my opinion is pretty awesome (usually), but has neither car nor job, and I sometimes find myself providing for him.
(Not often, thankfully, but recently I paid for a doctor's bill, and the ratio of 'has-shouted-dinner' to 'has-been-shouted-dinner' is getting more skewed all the time.)

They've told me that I should absolutely not move out with him, I'm inclined to tell him that I can't move out with him unless he gets a job (even though he's technically studying), but now that he's got big secret things on his mind, I feel like it would be the largest of dick moves to hang that on him.
But the clock is kind of ticking, and I'm not going to get railroaded into making an awful decision for his sake.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107770 on: September 19, 2016, 11:48:26 am »

Is this the kind of person you could just freely talk about your concerns with? Are they honest, actually studying hard, and aware of when they ask for help? Will they actually be splitting bills and such, or expecting you to cover them?

Don't put yourself in an extra-risky situation just so you can move out... That can cause problems down the road. However, housemates of mine have relied on my car so we could do groceries and things, and I've even been helped on bills by kind roommates. If you can make it work and be clear what you expect out of their half of the living arrangement, you can make it work.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107771 on: September 19, 2016, 01:56:15 pm »

Ugh, i am dreadfully tired today, and to top it off, it feels like i'm getting sick (this being after 3 times of "i feel like i'm getting sick" that turned out to be nothing). At least it's probably just a cold, but ugh, i feel pathetic right now, and am legitimately considering going to bed at 9pm (note: i am normally a night owl). The sleepiness is obviously due to sub-par sleeping, but the sickness might just be my allergies flipping out over something. Right now, it's really hard to tell. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107772 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:48 pm »

This entire situation with my crush is giving me so much stress that i've developed a huge, rather painful ulcer on the inside of my lip :/

I know it's because of stress because this always happens when I'm stressed for a longish period of time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107773 on: September 19, 2016, 02:05:33 pm »

This entire situation with my crush is giving me so much stress that i've developed a huge, rather painful ulcer on the inside of my lip :/

I know it's because of stress because this always happens when I'm stressed for a longish period of time.

On the bright side, you actually managed to get in contact with your crush, this is kind of big progress.

social interaction + 500 experience, first quest completed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107774 on: September 19, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »

Ha, I got an basically untreatable case of psoriasis due to similar stuff and I have to live on immunosuppressants now, and the side-effects are so fucking cool that if I ever had any hope to live past 30, I don't anymore.
It's mostly an fucking rollercoaster (one that goes down almost all the time) when it comes to the actual reason behind all of this. Sometimes it gets a little better, we talk and it's almost as if nothing ever happened but other days it plummets straight down and I realize that no matter how shitty it was it can be worse. Don't do love kids, it's worse than drugs.
So, on the bright side, you aren't me but literally whole world can say that already, so there's that. :v
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7183 7184 [7185] 7186 7187 ... 8167