Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7181 7182 [7183] 7184 7185 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476815 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107730 on: September 17, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »

Yeah, Tawa... that's not a superficial burn. If you're losing skin, and it's second degree, there's a serious risk of infection and scarring. If it's an option, consider getting it checked out. Tissue infections are very bad, and skin is our major defense against that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107731 on: September 17, 2016, 03:09:56 pm »

That might honestly be a third-degree burn. Don't believe the hype, third-degree starts when the skin is destroyed and the dermis starts to take damage, not when parts are burned to ash and have no feeling.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107732 on: September 17, 2016, 08:19:17 pm »

If you have a burn you need to get moving NOW. The longer you wait, the more lasting the damage; this is true for all burns, no matter the severity, but is much more important when they are serious. And that's a hell of a serious burn, so you need to get treatment asap. Don't wait around and think it's going to be ok, or you could do it tomorrow. This is how you get horrific scarring that lasts you the rest of your damn life. At best.

Two things. One, I went to sleep at 4 am (not my brightest moment, but it was a friday), and I woke up at 7:30 am, just like I do everyday for no reason. That's not sane. It's a fucking weekend, I had nothing to do until 11:00 AM at the very earliest, and I cannot, for the life of me, sleep normally. I've been waking up at 7:30 on the fucking dot for weeks now. I don't know if there's some sound that gets made that wakes me up at that time or what, but it's making life a pain. Normally I just go back to sleep (after double-checking that my alarms are working), but today I just couldn't. I just did not feel tired even though my body was (and is) clearly suffering the effects of acute sleep deprivation. My eyes hurt, my head is sore, my chest is painful to the touch, and I can't sleep any of it away. it hurts...

I made the mistake of trying (and more-or-less succeeding) to make a friend with the quiet girl who sits next to me in my statistics course. I've been forcefully reminded why I'm single: i freak out whenever I like someone, try to cover every probable (and several deeply improbable ones) angle on the issue, fail, and then either do something stupid or give up (to prevent myself from doing something stupid). I pulled myself out of the rabbit hole of rereading advice on the internet which is alternately aimed at young teens (never trust wiki-how no matter how cute their pictures) or creepy adults, and now I just don't know what. The simple problem is I don't know what to say or to do after deciding I like a girl. I'd like to do something about it, and ideally now instead of months later, but... meh. The easy answer is "do nothing", and I know that because that's what I do every time. And "nothing" is a legimate decision to make, but not if you do it every time. I'm actually quite comfortable around girls in general, but girls I like? I've never developed the social skills to deal with that situation. I'd probably be happier if I wasn't ever attracted to anyone, but that's not really practicable since loneliness is what led to this.

The end result is I feel like shit. so i feel like shit. and my head hurts because I couldn't sleep. At least my nightmares stopped a few days ago.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107733 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:30 pm »

tawa, go to the hospital

misko:know the feel about waking up too early

wish i even had a person i liked i could be nervous about

but i know almost literally no-one here

and the one guy i do know

i pretty much barely know in passing
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:06:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107734 on: September 17, 2016, 09:35:13 pm »

Uh, guys? I'm fine. We disinfected it and bandaged it within about ten or fifteen minutes of the burn occurring. I've got plenty of gauze and antibiotic ointment for it.

Did you honestly think my first reaction to getting a second-degree burn on my hand was posting about it on the internet?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107735 on: September 17, 2016, 09:41:08 pm »

oh

okay

no, but, you know, you didn't say
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107736 on: September 17, 2016, 09:51:36 pm »

If this was a First Aid job, proper doctoring is still something to keep in mind. At bare minimum, keep close tabs on it. I've got a close relative who got a nasty burn like that, but it got really bad due to improper wound care. Not going into details, but it caused lots of permanent tissue damage that would've been preventable with formal doctoring.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107737 on: September 17, 2016, 10:00:02 pm »

I have been incredibly gassy these past few days. Also got a flu or cold or something, but it's subsiding.

It's kind of funny in an immature way, all the burping and farting, but my gut's been hurting and making noise a lot, and I've been using the washroom near constantly. Kind of livened up the weekly Pathfinder game with a secondary game of "Who Passed Gas?". I'm tied with the dog for most gas passed.

I have no idea why this is happening, and I know it's not on par with some people in this thread, but I just want to air it out. No pun intended.

Either way, I'm gonna be eating and drinking healthier. Definitely cutting down on soda.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107738 on: September 17, 2016, 10:17:23 pm »

I'm keeping a close eye on it, don't worry. If Wikipedia (warning: did you know that 4th-degree burns are a thing?) is to be believed, I have a low-grade second degree burn (it's moist, it hurts, and there was a blister, albeit one that popped immediately,) so I oughta be OK in a week or two if I regularly change the bandage and apply ointment.

Perhaps less unfortunately, this is kind of putting my ambition to master coin tricks on hold, what with the need to wear a bandage over my entire hand almost all day :v

e: Where the heck did that "amounts of" come from?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:18:25 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107739 on: September 18, 2016, 12:15:59 am »

I'm keeping a close eye on it, don't worry. If Wikipedia (warning: did you know that 4th-degree burns are a thing?) is to be believed, I have a low-grade second degree burn (it's moist, it hurts, and there was a blister, albeit one that popped immediately,) so I oughta be OK in a week or two if I regularly change the bandage and apply ointment.

Perhaps less unfortunately, this is kind of putting my ambition to master coin tricks on hold, what with the need to wear a bandage over my entire hand almost all day :v

e: Where the heck did that "amounts of" come from?
The fact that 4th degree burns are a thing is one of many medical facts that haunts my dreams, alongside a vivid description from the New York City medical examiner on the precise manner in which a bullet killed a man (Dwarf Fortress level detail, i.e. "the bullet tears through the left nostril, shattering the bone, smashing the skull, tearing through the left hemisphere of brain" "The bullet has lodged between the skull and the scalp!" "Urist McUnfortunate has been struck down"). I don't need to be reminded.

On a related note, remembering my Grand Jury service has made me sad.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107740 on: September 18, 2016, 12:21:39 am »

Honestly, I'm not sure if the "fourth, fifth, and sixth" degree burns are things that are actually considered by doctors. They're not false by virtue of being purely descriptive, but they also tend to come with plenty of sentences talking about how they're all almost invariably fatal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107741 on: September 18, 2016, 12:28:04 am »

Honestly, I'm not sure if the "fourth, fifth, and sixth" degree burns are things that are actually considered by doctors. They're not false by virtue of being purely descriptive, but they also tend to come with plenty of sentences talking about how they're all almost invariably fatal.

They might be one of those things where the degrees increase in severity exponentially, so sixth degree burns would be "Magically teleported into the sun's core"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #107742 on: September 18, 2016, 12:31:11 am »

If you reach a stage where you think it might be a sixth degree burn, you're probably dead.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107743 on: September 18, 2016, 12:38:47 am »

Or some form of fire elemental. Best get that looked at by your local Occultist.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107744 on: September 18, 2016, 12:58:35 am »

I have no clue why this keeps happening. I finally get a day off of work, and I think to myself "well I finally have time to just sit down and enjoy some anime or games or shit or whatever" and then I get crushingly bored cause I just don't want to do anything and I'm stuck in my apartment all night just waiting for morning and I can go to sleep or whatever. I just can't help but feel like everything I can possibly do is just an utter waste of time and I'm not sure what to do about it.

This is especially irritating, because on my work days I'm struggling to find time for everything I do want to do. Every minute is carefully budgeted and the clock is constantly watched and my next actions are being plotted in advance, then when I don't have work I'm like "FUCK IT I don't want to do anything" and life just feels horrible. I'm sure it's just depression, cause that's been the theme of my life since day 1, but jesus this is irritating.

I've been contemplating going the Vector-route and cutting myself off from the internet for good, cause my internet habits are clearly parasitic on my life and not having an infinite free source of entertainment that is really only good at keeping me idle and complacent what be a subtle boon that might elevate me into not being a piece of shit human being. I'd miss you guys though, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 7181 7182 [7183] 7184 7185 ... 8167