Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19710 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2010, 01:48:46 pm »

"I don't care anymore."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2010, 01:54:48 pm »

All right, then.
"Listen, I think you should start ignoring Phantom's 'instructions' from now on. They don't seem to be much but saying you're not going to get out alive.
And what about those questions I asked earlier?"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2010, 04:16:28 pm »

"Yeah, everyone's against me in everything. For example.

Me: Hey! Let's not touch the pool of acid!
Someone else: NO! TOUCH IT!
Guy we're suggesting to touches acid and burns hand."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »

Yeah, people do stupid stuff. I've done stupid stuff. However, the solution to this is not, in fact, calling everyone stupid.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:21 am »

(You know Phantom, you really do make me wonder sometimes, and perhaps, reflect.
 I would also like to return to concrete work, however, he will probably be knocked out one way or another soon, so there might be stifled commands. I removed quotes in this one, since they wouldn't have helped him understand the connections any better...and would have taken valuable time.)

Quote from: Reminder stats.
You feel ill.
Your breathing is wheezy.
You are thirsty.
Everything hurts about equally.
You are unexpectedly relaxed.

>Phantom: "I've really been waiting to say this. Farewell. I shall take my leave now to help a man on his Expedition. One last thing to say, I don't believe you will last any longer, have fun rotting to death in a building the rest of your life." [Sound of picking up a briefcase, and the sounds of metal boots walking across a cement floor, and finally a door closing.]
 You continue staring at the demon, expecting the usual out of the Phantom voice. You are surprised, to the point of backing against the wire, and disturbed, to the point of not noticing the heat. For twelve whole seconds. 'We will see about that,  bane.' You sit up and stand immediately, willing away the blindness, pain, light-headedness, and pain. You walk to the door as steadily as possible, then yell 'Ggaaaaarrth!' Then enter a coughing fit.

(Voice: Deepish, with the soft/rounded tone borne from "laughing often and [too] much" that plays counterpoint when serious.)
>Cheddarius: "Listen. That guy did not have your best interests in mind. It's better he's gone. I have your best interests in mind. I won't rant or argue. I'll just give you advice. Firstly, are you holding anything of use? Strengthen your mental defenses. Try to find something close to you that you can use to attack the glob. Maybe grab a loose brick from the fireplace to throw. Can you get the wire? It's hot, I know. But you have scales. Can you smash it free?"
 You ignore the new voice, just slightly too angry right now. You get back up and call for Garth.

You're quite sure you've lost your voice now, and probably damaged your hearing in such a small space. Now shaking heavily, and glaring at the door, you will it to open. No, you will it to melt! "!", you breathe, failing to call Garth's name again.

>Phantom: "Shut up and never talk about me again."
 A pause, and you just collapse again, now transitioning from shakes to convulsions. "Damn you Phantom."
You are unreasonably, seethingly angry.
Your breathing is wheezy.
You feel very hot, with a drunken kind of glow.

> You said you'd take your leave. Do so.
 Your glare hasn't left the door this entire time. You're going to get out of this stone pit, walls and ills be left behind.

>Phantom: "I shall leave if you agree to never talk or think about me again. And you may not write about me either."
> Done.
 Just stay gone.

>Phantom: "Very well then, I'll leave. Have fun leaving the Iknan to his death or insanity like all other adventures."
 Gone.

>RAM: "you could consider calling for help..."
 What do you think I just did?

> So...
> Deduce that you have gone completely insane and both the voices in your head and the demon aren't real
 You have no problem with this. You don't care if it's real. You said to yourself that you would get out, and you're not one to go back on your word.

> Decide drinking the tea might help you forget the voices
 You get up very slowly, still shaking and jerking, and grab the tea pot, spilling some. You smile at the door. It just moved.

> Thrash like a freaking punk rocker in the direction of the smell of the tea. Alternatively, just crawl there.
 You suddenly feel every detail of your wrappings, your ring, the weight of your hood, every errant scale and thread, the weight and texture of the pot, where you socks do and do not touch, the texture and shape of the floor, the hundred smells in the air, the thousand colors around, and every bit of damage you have collected. The tea pot shatters on the floor as you go rigid; but both only make it worse. The stronger smell of tea, the slightest sound of different fractures, little shards hitting you, and all your individual muscles changing shape.
 You feel the movement of air, and step back before the door hits you.

> Drink tea
 You try and focus on the guards face, but are lost in more details. Damn your senses!
 You are not drinking the tea, you are leaving. Garth turns slightly to look towards you as you stand up and walk out the door. Your body feels sluggish, and there is great stress on your toes as you rake your claws along. You are in a long hallway, and there is a torch at the end that lights up a T-intersection.

>Armok: "I'm very real."
 You turn to walk down the hall, but find yourself dragged to what's now your left. This, along with some noise you can't understand and your tail beginning to slam into the wall, overloads your senses again and confuses you.

> If you haven't had the tea yet at this point, something's gone wrong. Either way, if you heard that, wouldn't that be exactly what the voices in your head would WANT you to think?
 You just can't think.

> Firstly, are you holding anything of use?
 Nothing.

> Strengthen your mental defenses.
 None.

> Try to find something close to you that you can use to attack the glob. Maybe grab a loose brick from the fireplace to throw.
 You finished hitting the wall, and the guard, Garth, is now coming after you. You spend the next moment, coming from the wall, to remove his helmet and throw it at the door in a way where it should bounce off the door and one wall to hit the corner where the slime thing was. Your body's objection uses all your might, and you black out.
You are unconscious.

> Can you get the wire? It's hot, I know. But you have scales. Can you smash it free?
You are unconscious.

>Phantom: "... After checking on this. I can make the inference that you're screwed. Even if you survive the demon."
You are unconscious.
You are screwed.

>
Very well then, I'll leave.
You are unconscious.
You are screwed.

>Phantom "He still gets on my nerves. Look, observing this and making a report is fine by me, but not by you I believe."
You are unconscious.
You are screwed.
Phantom should be gone.

> Sorry, it seems I misunderstood the agreement. So we'll annul it, then? You can talk in the thread however you like, and I can mention you.
You are unconscious.

>Phantom: "I don't care anymore."
You are unconscious.

> All right, then.
You are unconscious.

>Cheddarius: "Listen, I think you should start ignoring Phantom's 'instructions' from now on. They don't seem to be much but saying you're not going to get out alive.
And what about those questions I asked earlier?"
You are something like unconscious.

>Phantom: "Yeah, everyone's against me in everything. For example. Me: Hey! Let's not touch the pool of acid! Someone else: NO! TOUCH IT! Guy we're suggesting to touches acid and burns hand."
You are something like unconscious.
You are full.

> Yeah, people do stupid stuff. I've done stupid stuff. However, the solution to this is not, in fact, calling everyone stupid.
You are unconscious.

(Want to add those queued commands now? :] I'm finishing while rather tired, so there are probably errors. It also means I'm going to bed, then coming back to a minor flood of chat that will encourage me to procrastinate again.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2010, 07:53:39 am »

>dream that you are riding a unicorn into the sky, and that you never have to go back.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2010, 09:19:53 am »

"You know whaaaat.
I don't caaaarrrree anymore.
The man on the expedition dieeeed. The horrible creatures of the temple have over taken hiiiiim.
I'm just here to torment yooooouuu nooooow.
Now get up.
GET UP.
I WANT TO SEE YOU DIE AT THE HANDS OF THAT DEMON.
TIME TO GEEET UP IKNAN.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!
[Sound maniacal laughter.]"

Oh dear. Looks like Phantom left his sadistic and insane part here. The one you usually expect moved on to a place called the agora. At least he left me, 1% of his damn conscience.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:29:07 am by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2010, 09:30:48 am »

Quote from: Phantom link=topic=42776.msg1365065#msg1365065   date=1277907593
"You know whaaaat.
The   man on the expedition dieeeed. The horrible creatures of the temple   have over taken hiiiiim.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
TIME   TO GEEET UP IKNAN.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

Oh   dear. Looks like Phantom left his sadistic and insane part here. The   one you usually expect moved on to a place called the agora. At least he   left me, 1% of his damn conscience.
"You know whaaaat.
The   man on the expedition dieeeed. The horrible creatures of the temple   have over taken hiiiiim.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

Oh   dear. Looks like Phantom left his sadistic and insane part here. The   one you usually expect moved on to a place called the agora. At least he   left me, 1% of his damn conscience.
"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

"You know whaaaat.
Now   get up.
GET UP.
GEEEETTTT UPPPPPP!

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2010, 11:09:14 am »

So phantom being annoying. Again. Big surprize.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »

(And Armok as well. I mean, seriously, if you're going to spam up a thread by posting 12 repetitions of the same exact quote, at least spoiler it, and at least quote it right.

Also. Note that putting parentheses around things prevents them from being taken as commands.)
Be unconscious.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2010, 04:38:06 pm »

SNIP
(FUCK YOU ARMOK. FUCK YOU. GODDAMN SPAMMER ASSHOLE LOOKING FOR WAYS TO PISS PEOPLE OFF. FUCK YOU MAN. I HOPE YOUR RELATIVES AND YOUR FUTURE FAMILY DIE SLOWLY IN AN INFERNO.)

So phantom being annoying. Again. Big surprize.
(HEY IT WASN'T ME WHO PUT THAT UP THERE DUDE.)
[/extremelyfuckingannoyeddudefuckyou.]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2010, 04:44:27 pm »

"Oh! Hello. Im new to all of this but *looking around, sees phantoms 1% part* tsk tsk. Someones trying to be annoying. Lets see if I can expel that annoying part out..." (Phantom I dont care if you'r pissed off. If you become such a drama queen then just turn off the Pc, Go outside. Calm down.)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2010, 04:46:21 pm »

(This is going to devolve into a flamewar isn't it?)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »

(No. I'm more civilized than that.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 30, 2010, 05:05:09 pm »

(Very well then. I however didn't want to be seen as a drama queen. Everything I try to do usually ends up with the opposite result I wanted.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24