Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19692 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:51 pm »

[These text adventures look to be fun, so I thought I'd try one. The one is going to be serious, but I wont gripe about silly actions unless there isn't anything else.]

Your vision is filled with the dancing flames of a merry hearth fire and the folds of your blanket. You are curled up in a chair of some sort, with your head against in the nook of the wings. You are warm, cozy, and disinclined to move.

[Guess what the first challenge is?]

(Currently the command format is:
( ) means it's out-of-character, or more specifically, it will be taken as purely conversation on the thread. The exception is when it is embedded in command text.
> would denote an action, but I've been both kinda lenient and kinda harsh in that I both took things meant to be commands that did not have the symbol, but I also turned almost anything outside of parenthesis into commands. I think I'll stick to that, because then posters will be just slightly more careful with organization.
" " will be used for speaking into the Iknan's mind. I've used them as speech in the response, but now I will switch to ' ' for that. Can be used for actual quoting or assorted emphasis if embedded.
' ' will be used for making the Iknan speak. However, note that action thoughts (commands) can easily turn into speech if it sounds sufficiently similar to something spoken. Like the blarg expletive somewhere around page 13.
[ ] is apparently now for sound effects, or other "actions" a voice can do.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:47:28 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:53:39 am »

roll over and go back to sleep

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 01:11:12 am »

Get up.
Search area.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:21 am »

> Get up.
 Some commanding impulse causes you work your way out of the blanket and stumble onto the rug in front. This is extremely hard, as your needle sharp claws get stuck in everything. Your claws are now stuck in the already torn and frayed rug, and the fire is a bit too hot here.

> Search area.
 You look around the room, the walls are made of unevenly carved stone and it's about 15 by 18 feet in size. You look at your stone hearth, it is filled with a merrily crackling fire and the top is covered in odd vases and metal pieces, to its side is a pile of wood. Across from the fireplace is a large wooden door, bound with metal strips and a metal handle; beside it is a table with the food stuffs on it. Your rocking chair is to the right of the fire and has an abundance of blanket on it, you can barely make out it's a chair.
 Behind the chair is your bed, which consists of 3 more large blankets and a pad. There is also a bookshelf, and a load of random junk.

[I don't know what it is this week, but every post is taking many attempts to get through.]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:32:24 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 02:33:58 am »

Retract claws. Figure out if I want anything, am I hunrgy? Thirsty? Need more sleep?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 02:43:31 am »

> Retract claws.
 What? Claws? You look at your scaly hands and examine the fairly strait, extremely sharp claws. In your drowsiness you just stare at them, you were sure you were human...or perhaps something taller...

> Figure out if I want anything, am I hunrgy? Thirsty? Need more sleep?
 You're really drowsy, and you want to get back into your warm blanket and go back to sleep. You are mildly thirsty, but getting more so by the very hot fire.

[Posting only took two tries that time.]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:45:12 am by Nivm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 02:50:55 am »

Find and drink water.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 02:59:17 am »

> Find and drink water.
 You stumble out of the rug accompanied by numerous tearing noises, and stumble further to the table by the door. There is a square metal tray on it that holds an old tea pot, a cup, and some type of soup made with fruit. The tea smells funny. Do you want to drink it?

[Four tries to post.]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:43 am »

Yes!
[1st time every time so far, maybe it is local]
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:42 am »

>Do you want to drink it? Yes
 You pour yourself a cup of tea and drink it, as it washes down your throat a numbing sensation flows over your body. You have barely enough time to get back to your chair before falling asleep.
You are unconscious.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 03:10:03 am »

Sleep for 20 years, wake up refreshed.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 03:15:10 am »

> Sleep for 20 years, wake up refreshed.
 You aren't in control of how long you sleep, but you have a deep sleep. You find yourself slowly drifting back to consciousness. You open your eyes a little. Your vision is filled with the dancing flames of a merry hearth fire and the folds of your blanket. You are curled up in a chair of some sort, with your head against in the nook of the wings. You are warm, cozy, and disinclined to move.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 03:20:03 am »

Get up, look for drink, if I find tea I keep looking.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 03:23:22 am »

> Get up, look for drink, if I find tea I keep looking.
 You don't want to get up, an image of falling on your face while tangled in the blanket comes to mind.

[I know I haven't gone long, but I need to go to bed for today while you figure out what image will cajole our lizard-person out of bed.]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:26:42 am by Nivm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 03:29:58 am »

Tear the blanket up into pieces and wrap those pieces around your limbs to stop them from catching on anything, then get up and look for a non-sleepy-tea beverage.
Read the First Post!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24