Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41329 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2009, 08:30:15 am »

ExKirby would like you all to know it was sarcasm. Yeesh.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2009, 08:40:17 am »

I would like him to know that he would still be alive if he didn't do that, since the bandwagon was ending at the time.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:39 am »

But I accept my action: I had planned on my vote being the hammer and believed I was right.  Now, Nihilst...why is it that you seem so sure that it was one of the worst things to do, so sure that what we did was wrong before the lynch and yet you flung the hammer? 

I had doubts — plenty of them. I also weighed the probabilities, and realized that ExKirby was probably scum. Furthermore, I felt sort of bad for disrupting your hammer at the absolute last minute.

I was expecting us to get more information out of his death than just a colour and alignment -- at the time, it was probably one of the better moves that we could make. At the very least, we would end up with a dead townie, a colour, and a role; conceivably, this could help us decipher the pattern (if there is one. I'm beginning to doubt that there is).

It probably would've been a better move to stall for time.

...I'm starting to feel bad for ExKirby. He always ends up like this. I should probably be mourning for town, but...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:06 am »

Funny thing was, for his complaint about being singled out, his tactic worked.  I DID take his actions as 'not enough to lynch'.  I suspected but it's common for me to do so before feeling better about a person.  If he kept silent, that bandwagon would've dissolved on its own. 

Bah, even with the outburst, if he declared anything else, I would've just pegged it for geniune frustration.  Metawise, he DOES get a hard time here.  The caught lie ruined any argument I had on him being town.

Meh.  Enough of this.  Person.. you're the only one left not to comment and my vote is on you.  Make it count!

I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2009, 10:29:59 am »

ExKirby would like you all to know it was sarcasm. Yeesh.
I would like ExKirby to know that, in my opinion, that was really stupid, unnecessary, and for doing so he should perhaps reconsider his mafia-subsection participation.

I doubt dakarian is scum. It was obvious that ExKirby was not town (the fact that he was aside), and if dakarian was scum, he would therefore know that ExKirby was the joker and thus not lynch him. I still agree with Apostolic Nihilist that we should have left him for the scum to NK, but whatever.

Not sure.  He hasn't posted for a while.  I think the scum might've been going for a safe bet that wouldn't reveal much about them, or something.
Well, it does tell us something about the scum: They think stupid. Killing active or fairly active players works is always better than killing lurkers.
Also, if you are right, it probably means the scum (think that) killing a more active player would be bad for them. This probably means that they were or thought they were in conflict with them day 1.
Or something.
Anyway old Apostolic Nihilist holds my vote for now on account of... stuff. I consider his behaviour sufficiently odd that I consider the likelyhood that he is scum higher than any other player.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2009, 10:43:10 am »

Apost has indeed been suspicious, but I'd also like to ask where Org is.  Why do you think Pandar was NK'd?  What do you think about Exkirby's lynch?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:37 am »

You agree with Nihilst's reasoning but you find him scummy on....stuff.

Unvote,  Vote Nuke9.13

No really.. explain yourself.
I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »

So, what, all scum lie all the time and never makes a single rational statement?

Come on.
"I agree with Apostolic Nihilist."
Was not what I said
I said:
"I still agree with Apostolic Nihilist that we should have left him for the scum to NK, but whatever."
Long Live United Forenia!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2009, 12:27:08 pm »

the emphasis was on the second half..

What's your reasoning for thinking he's acting scummy?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »

At the very least, we would end up with a dead townie, a colour, and a role; conceivably, this could help us decipher the pattern (if there is one. I'm beginning to doubt that there is).

So, I'm starting to guess at a pattern, but I think that's going to have to wait until later-game or something.  The only problem here is that we're going to have to continue using it only as a tool to mildly sway predictions, rather than as a matter of absolute certainty.

Anyway old Apostolic Nihilist holds my vote for now on account of... stuff. I consider his behaviour sufficiently odd that I consider the likelyhood that he is scum higher than any other player.

Grargh, ninja'd.

Care to expand on what "stuff" means?

So... Apostolic Nihilist.  Are you going to actually start hunting, or are you going to sit there being defensive while entire town dies off?

Lookin' pretty scummy there, young man.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2009, 04:01:19 pm »

At the very least, we would end up with a dead townie, a colour, and a role; conceivably, this could help us decipher the pattern (if there is one. I'm beginning to doubt that there is).

So, I'm starting to guess at a pattern, but I think that's going to have to wait until later-game or something.  The only problem here is that we're going to have to continue using it only as a tool to mildly sway predictions, rather than as a matter of absolute certainty.

Ok, so why didn't you tell us your pattern prediction?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2009, 04:24:04 pm »

Unless that includes actually finding the mafia or it's shown that it does NOT affect role I'd rather it NOT get voiced.

Now, Person.. how about something not involving color?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2009, 04:33:31 pm »

Presumably because an incomplete hypothesis could only hurt Town. If we start trying to wrap our assumptions around a pattern that isn't even necessarily correct, we're limiting our options.

Mr.Person, you've been lurking quite a lot throughout this game, yet you post in other mafia threads quite frequently. Any specific reason why?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24:47 pm »

1.  I need more data.  I've got 4 data points, but I don't feel confident in killing based on it.
2.  Some of the hypothesis is based on my own sense of structure and symmetry.  I don't trust Webadict to use a similar mindset.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2009, 08:14:14 pm »

Apost has indeed been suspicious, but I'd also like to ask where Org is.  Why do you think Pandar was NK'd?  What do you think about Exkirby's lynch?
Wait. What. How does that make sense? Oh, maybe you mean why, as in why would scum kill them.... Maybe because he is good in mafias most of the time.

I think he may just be a noob, though he has been in a few mafias. Needs to stick his head down and try not to do scummy looking stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26