Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89058 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 40: long way down...)
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2010, 01:57:46 pm »

hmm... odd...

Go to the Dwarves, inquire about glass items.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2010, 02:46:07 pm »

hmmm take my fortress out and fly over the airship in construction! train DM if possible

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2010, 03:26:32 pm »

Yeah, I'm the melee guy around here :|

Try to construct a living golem with Earth Magic and stone.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2010, 06:40:09 pm »

Order that lazy crew to get to work building an engine.
We still need a second enchanted item of some kind (crystal suggested); your staff will be used as a power source, but we need something to convert that power into lift.

hmmm take my fortress out and fly over the airship in construction! train DM if possible
I'd like to point out we are in different universes right now, so that will only work if you can shadowalk across planes.

[ ] Overconfident with the progress, I act as interior designer for a "test room", trying to figure out architecture as I spell cast (spell weave, spell fling, spell blast...).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2010, 11:18:33 pm »

we get a 5 roll again for every 20 turns :D
Not exactly. You don't get anything, but any new players(if one of you dies) will receive TWO free 5's now. That was for game balance, not a free gift every once and awhile.

We still need a second enchanted item of some kind (crystal suggested); your staff will be used as a power source, but we need something to convert that power into lift.
Fintus could probably enchant the item himself, but only if you can find some sort of guideline, like the original crystal, of a mage's notes.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2010, 12:50:29 am »

meh

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2010, 02:11:22 am »

*blink* well that wont work....
set out to go to the plane of darkness

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:32 am »

go find king ask him where ican find the dumb elfs... i'm getting peaceful and i dont like it
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:50 am »

i wiped out the nearest elves

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 15, 2010, 05:30:22 pm »

There are ALWAYS more elves. I think that's everybody, I'll get to work on the turn in an hour or so.

Edit: Huh, I can't get to random.org... Since I don't actually own any dice, (and most RNG on the internet stink) the turn will have to wait a little longer.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:24:16 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 16, 2010, 05:47:03 pm »

I find it odd there are those without any dice that have enough money for a computer. I currently have three without even trying to get them in the first place. Many more if you include those that are somewhere in the house...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 16, 2010, 07:59:11 pm »

Alright, more specifically, I have no dice that I currently know the location of.(I lose things constantly)

Anyway, I'm working on the turn now, I'll be done soon.

Edit: actually, now that I think about it, I do have some dice... of every possible shape except for 6-sided.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:18:09 pm by dragnar »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 41: Cave adaptation)
« Reply #492 on: January 16, 2010, 09:22:30 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Order*half* that lazy crew to get to work building an engine. *And the other half can go find a crystal of some kind I will create some kind of lightning whip to encourage them*
[5] You divide your mighty crew of... four... in half, ordering nivm and the engineer to work on the ship, while the other two go out searching for something to use in the engine. While they work, you casually shift your arm into a whip, and slice some piles of rubble into... smaller piles of rubble.

Quote from: Jervous
Try to construct a living golem with Earth Magic and stone.
[3+1] Using the excess stone from the room you mined out, you try to create a mighty golem, that will do anything you command! The dwarves help you construct the body, and when it's done you cast a spell that should animate it... any second now... after nothing happens for several minutes, you become annoyed and whack the body with your flail. The extra surge of magic is enough to bring it to life, you are now the proud owner of a 10 foot tall being of solid stone!
Golem gained(+2 to strength/combat, cannot follow complex orders)
earth magic(3/4 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
set out to go to the plane of darkness
[2] You walk back to the portal you entered through, and head back to the plain of water. Now... which one of these portals was darkness again?

Quote from: Diakron
go find king ask him where ican find the dumb elfs... i'm getting peaceful and i dont like it
[2] The king doesn't know where to find any elves. All of their trade representatives came from a single elven town... which has recently been replaced with a large burnt hole in the ground. He recommends just going as far into the forest as possible, you're bound to find elves eventually.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Go to the Dwarves, inquire about glass items.
[1] You try to ask the dwarves where you can find some glass, but they all begin vomiting as you approach, the light making them sick. Luckily the glow seems to be fading quickly, and they should be fine momentarily.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Make a very strong giant stream of fire against the ground anmd putting eavery few second a bit less power into it to slow me down
[4]You try to slow your decent by directing a stream of fire at the ground, but while you do slow down, you are still falling far too quickly to be safe. Luckily for you, your imps have just returned from their scouting mission, (not random, I rolled for how long they'd be gone) [6] Working together, they manage to slow you to a stop. They should be able to carry you for a good while, but at the moment you're still very far from the ground, it'll be a little while before they get you back down there.
fire magic(4/8 exp.)

Quote from: Nivm
Overconfident with the progress, I act as interior designer for a "test room", trying to figure out architecture as I spell cast (spell weave, spell fling, spell blast...).
[2] You try to work on making the one of the rooms in the ship look better... and fail miserably. You don't know the first thing about interior design, and even if you did, this place is a mess, you have nothing to decorate it with, and the outer walls are patchwork scraps of metal hastily welded together. I would take am miracle to make this place look good.(or a bit of illusion magic, but that really doesn't solve the original problem)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2010, 09:42:25 pm »

Try to enchant stones lying around with earth magic to make them fly around me in a loop, acting as a shield.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 16, 2010, 10:48:22 pm »

well... nothing changed so try again?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 111