Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89088 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 38: psychoanalysis)
« Reply #450 on: January 01, 2010, 10:27:53 pm »

I expect a PhD psychologist would come up with more on me, at least the obvious "spontaneous" and "hard to predict". My elemental is going to be rather like both of those words.

[ ] I become annoyed and aloof at being ignored. My elemental and I then go collect as much raw, light material from the surrounding buildings as possible, and heap them with the airship. I then curtly demand that the engineer come help me with "salvaging" the ship.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2010, 02:44:17 am »

I expect a PhD psychologist would come up with more on me, at least the obvious "spontaneous" and "hard to predict". My elemental is going to be rather like both of those words.
Well the information from the PhD psychologist is coming from someone who is NOT a PhD psychologist, plus I didn't want to put too much about a player since you can act however you want.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 02, 2010, 07:06:17 am »

Pat Nivm on the back and say "Job well done" or something And have Dr Death figure out what to do for transport.

I meanwhile will try to create some kind of new arm out of lighting.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2010, 08:05:05 am »

craft a magic magnifying glass, allowing me to see wherever my heart desires. And probably allowing me to fire my ion cannon orbital laser with more precision.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 02, 2010, 10:00:09 am »

Try to shoot at the orbital laser with my Fireballs!!!or fire spears

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 02, 2010, 10:22:48 am »

...*blink blink*...
but... i thought i didint get ones anymore on DM?
stand there looking stupid for a second and then fix it

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 02, 2010, 10:55:09 am »

Take three of the strands and use it to make a platemail. If there's not enough of it, use any metal bars lying around. Except Rose Gold.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:28 pm »

...*blink blink*...
but... i thought i didint get ones anymore on DM?
stand there looking stupid for a second and then fix it
No, the effect is lessened, but it's overshots you don't get. Any confusion is probably due to me messing up the skill system earlier, at some point I got mixed up as to which skill level did what.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 02, 2010, 09:16:32 pm »

go ask king if there is an aquifer around here, if so go to it and make a few extra water elementals
Back to Mafia with me!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2010, 11:42:23 pm »

HA! i knew i had something for this
competent dark magic gained!(+1 to all dark magic rolls) sorry but the quote thing was irrataing it was in turn eleven on page eight...
and would it not make epic fail impossible?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:49:53 pm by stonemt »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 04, 2010, 12:17:48 am »

On Stonemt's predicament, I thought the skill level I'm on prevents epic fails. Or was it a true epic fail would have destroyed his fortress?
 Hadn't thought out the psychology criticism I guess. I figured what you'd learned in high school Psychology class would be enough (if that's one of the second classes taught where you live), and was assuming in-character actions for some obscure reason.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 04, 2010, 08:14:32 am »

I figured what you'd learned in high school Psychology class would be enough (if that's one of the second classes taught where you live).
Nope, never had a psychology class.

HA! i knew i had something for this
competent dark magic gained!(+1 to all dark magic rolls) sorry but the quote thing was irrataing it was in turn eleven on page eight...
and would it not make epic fail impossible?
It appears I was mixed up worse than I thought... I have no idea why I thought it was no overshots. I'll change the turn, your castle is now safe(though it's also still stuck here...)

for clarification(mine and your's):
novice-no bonus
no adjective-no epic fails(unless you have a penalty)
competent- +1 to all rolls
skilled- +1 to all rolls, and more extreme actions will work without a 5(like stonemt's mass resurrection, or the dark magic amulet he made)
proficient- +2 to all rolls
depending on how long this lasts there's a good chance no one will get further than that due to the exponential growth of required exp. If they do I'll post the rest then.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2010, 06:59:06 pm »

I recall someone did choose "no overshots" on a level they made when you hinted you would be making overshots much worse. The other option was "+1 to all rolls". I'll do a search...
Quote from: stonemt
cause undead to rise with music and make them linedance
[4+1] You call apon your dark magics to bring life back unto these bodies! The ground breaks open in a dozen places and various copses crawl forth, mainly humanoids, but some much larger. They shamble about for a bit, and then... THEY DANCE!!!
skilled dark mage!(can choose either +1 to roll, or no overshots(which I plan on making much worse from now on))
ummm no overshoots for me thank you very much
scrap my zombie minions to make a DM amp.. if thats not allowed use them to turn my floating board into a floating citadel of doom

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2010, 10:11:24 am »

skilled dark mage!(can choose either +1 to roll, or no overshots(which I plan on making much worse from now on)
turn 29 page 2..1?? i think i got that right....
and i did go with no overshoots.. (they scare me)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:44 am »

Aha! That's where I got mixed up! Just disregard that. Also the next turn's gonna have to wait a few days due to me being sick. bleh :(

Edit: I'm finally starting to feel better, I'll post the turn tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:27:01 pm by dragnar »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111