Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89066 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 36: Bigger Lasers!)
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2009, 10:56:00 am »

Edit: I just realized, it's been six turns since I started collecting nitrogen, so I should have another use. I think you aught to put down how far I am every turn; such as a [1/3] beside the number of uses next turn.
Good idea, I keep forgetting about that. I'll add that when I post the next turn(sometime later today).

Edit: due to unforeseen distractions(translation: procrastination) the turn will have to wait til tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:54:20 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 37:Potion monster!)
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2009, 02:57:53 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Well Use the lightning staff to blow the captain to pieces in co-ordination with the elementals attack.
[5] You manage to fight off the pain and leap for your staff. While your elemental Distracts the captain with a number of weak wind spells you create an explosive charge in the tip of the staff. [3+1] You just barely manage to hit him with the staff [6] and he explodes in gore! You claim his title for your own, what now cap'n?
air magic(14/16 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
I do the 16 pointless fetch quests.
[1] You run around madly, delivering tons of useless junk to random people. It is'nt until you are almost "done" that you realize you got the items completely mixed up... now this is gonna be a lot harder to finish.

Quote from: stonemt
create a pocket dimention for minion/castle storage
[3] You contemplate how to use your dark magic to create a pocket dimension to store your minions in. After a bit of thought you create a modified shadow walking spell, one that can keep objects in whatever non-place shadow walking passes through. Now all that's left is to cast it!

Quote from: Diakron
grumble for a while, then go find the strand extractor
[4] You find the strand extractor... on break. He's sitting nest to a pile of adamantine half-asleep and eating a plump helmet. It seems he isn't quite as slow as the king thought, he's just lazy.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I give my new orbital laser a extra strong charge by firing my eye-lasers at it.
[4] You aim your LASERS! at your new orbital weapon, charging it to full capacity instantly. You may now fire at will(or abaddon if you prefer).
arcane magic gained!(Can't think what else to put that under)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Summon some flying demons to scout around
[4] You call forth 3 imps from hell, binding them to your service. They quickly fly off in different directions, they will report back if they find anything.
3 imps gained(extremely fragile, -1 to all combat rolls, but fast efficient scouts)
demon summoner(1/8 exp.)

Quote from: Nivm
I give them a toothy smile before I go back to the ship, charge my piece of junk with a monster-making polymorph spell, and throw it into the potion room for a potion monster (optionally bound to my will). If I am successful and am not occupied; I run back over to the pirates and tell them the mess is clean.
This is gonna hurt... them.
[5] You enchant your piece of junk with a polymorphing spell, and even throw in a control spell, just for a little variety(it's bad when your creations not attacking you is variety).`You throw it at the bubbling pile of potions and watch as it slowly begins to take a more solid shape. The creature you have created is esentially a water elemental, but infused with the magics of several dozen potions. The magical energies have caused it to become unstable, it's abilities fluctuating each turn as one potion or another becomes dominant. [5] For now the dominant potion contained a growth spell, and the creature grows until it breaks through the roof.
Potion monster gained(rolls a random magical effect to be applied to it each turn, currently +2 to strength rolls)
polymorpher(no epic fails, 1/8 exp.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:32:58 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2009, 03:01:25 pm »

smack the extractor wit hthe flat of my blade and start into him, Drill Sargent-style
Back to Mafia with me!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2009, 04:07:21 pm »

cast the spell and put my castle away

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2009, 04:12:40 pm »

Learn more firespells like fire beam,or hellfire blast or hell's fist.If the imps return p,prepare then for more blood for the eldergod!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2009, 04:45:54 pm »

hmm...

Fire at Will Abbadon.

Just because.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 23, 2009, 06:29:10 pm »

I give up and go extract strands.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 23, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »

Promote a random crew member to the position of First Mate and call im Dr Death.

Have Dr death tell me about the ship and it's crew.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 24, 2009, 03:35:09 am »

drag you made a mistake
[4] You call forth 2 imps from hell, binding them to your service. They quickly fly off in different directions, they will report back if they find anything.
3 imps gained(extremely fragile, -1 to all combat rolls, but fast efficient scouts)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:02 am »

(It's obviously summon two, get one free.) As you can probably guess, I am pleased with these events. Lets see what the new captain thinks.

[ ] I bow deeply to Erreti, my Potion Elemental, and ask it to follow behind me (multi-colored river!). I walk over to the new captain (not even slightly acknowledging he's different, and without an arm; not like it matters to me), and tell him "I cleaned up the mess in the ship" while grinning. Once he's done talking to the other shipmate, I ask him "what are ye going to do about transportation?"

Oh, and does a new effect get added each turn, or does it get replaced?
  Nitpicking: one does not "charge" compressed nitrogen, possible options are "collect", "extract", "condense", and of course "compress".
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2009, 01:06:31 pm »

sorry to say its an rtd... if he rolles a five he could eat it with a fork.....

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 24, 2009, 03:32:37 pm »

Probably won't be an update for a while, gonna be visiting family.

drag you made a mistake
[4] You call forth 2 imps from hell, binding them to your service. They quickly fly off in different directions, they will report back if they find anything.
...I'll fix that now though.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2010, 05:24:57 pm »

Alright, I'm back and once more have an internet connection for more than short periods of time. Turn coming later today.

Also: Happy new years day!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 01, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »

I am amazed New Years felt special at all today, to me. I expected the same knowledge of arbitrariness that makes my birthday feel pointless would also apply to New Years. So, happy New Year. This seems like a good day to finally get that one massive post out.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 01, 2010, 09:49:24 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Promote a random crew member to the position of First Mate and call im Dr Death.

Have Dr death tell me about the ship and it's crew.
[6] You promote one of the 4 living pirates to First Mate, and give him a new name. He is rather confused by this strange order, but complies, and then starts to tell you about the rest of the crew. In depth. Turns out you promoted a former psychologist.
Your crew after removal of psychobabble:
pirate 1: Rather lazy, the ship's mechanic and has little combat experience
pirate 2: the toughest living member of the crew, armed with a stronger sword than the others, he fought off rival pirates. He's also the one you knocked out a little while ago.
Dr. Death: Ironically possessing a PhD, he is now First Mate. Used to practice fencing, but is a bit rusty.
Nivm: Was picked up a few towns back, seems pretty secretive, but that's all he knows

Quote from: Jervous
I give up and go extract strands.
[6] You run to the adamantine stockpile and begin furiously extracting the strands. You manage to extract 5 strands! The extractor runs up beside you shortly after you start working and gets to work himself.

Quote from: stonemt
cast the spell and put my castle away
[2] You are about to cast the spell to shift your castle into another world when a demonic imp flies overhead distracting you. Luckily you manage to cancel the spell before it goes horribly wrong.

Quote from: Diakron
smack the extractor wit hthe flat of my blade and start into him, Drill Sargent-style
[4] You start yelling and hitting the extractor(named Urist McExtractor, these creatures are strange...). He snaps to attention and promises to get back to work immediately, seems he was drafted during to last war and still fears authority. He should be able to keep up with the current demand for a while.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Fire at Will Abbadon.
[4] You order your laser to fire at Abbadon's location, but can't really see if you hit him or not.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Learn more firespells like fire beam,or hellfire blast or hell's fist.If the imps return p,prepare then for more blood for the eldergod!   
[3] You try to shape your hellfire into different forms. you manage to create a continuous stream of fire instead of a ball, but are soon interrupted by a giant laser from the sky [3] You manage to avoid the brunt of the blow, but still get pretty singed. [6] Your hellhounds are unharmed, they were only struck by the heatwave outside the blast.
-1 to movement next turn

Quote from: Nivm
I bow deeply to Erreti, my Potion Elemental, and ask it to follow behind me (multi-colored river!). I walk over to the new captain (not even slightly acknowledging he's different, and without an arm; not like it matters to me), and tell him "I cleaned up the mess in the ship" while grinning. Once he's done talking to the other shipmate, I ask him "what are ye going to do about transportation?"
the elemental's properties are almost entirely determined by your rolls, one to determine if it keeps old abilities, one for any new ones
[2] Flint doesn't seem to notice you due to another pirate talking his ear off. You newly-named minion Erreti begins to shift, [3,3] shrinking and starting to glow brightly. It's still larger than a person, but not much.
Erreti(light source, +1 to strength checks)
nitrogen(2/3 compression)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:17:59 am by dragnar »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111