Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88593 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 75: an offer you cannot refuse)
« Reply #1005 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:48 am »

Ah, then I've added a bit to my command.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 07, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »

And so did the man of ice get enraged, and so did he call upon all the power of fate, and use his artefact to convert the fire tower to frost, and use the power of the new frost tower, to create what is essentially a 15 story tall polar bear made of super hard ice completely Loyal to Him.

using BOTH free fives.

Because it's MY turn DAMNIT!

I'll directly contest that action by receiving aid from the rum elemental and stop any water magics that are weaker then mine

also i will point out that since that bear is made of ice my Water Nobility will prevent it from attacking me.

Send the fire elemental after the Snow Tiger. tell the dwarves to tunnel under Dermonster and cave him in
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:41:41 pm by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 07, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »

whoops...
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:40 pm »

also i will point out that since that bear is made of ice my Water Nobility will prevent it from attacking me.
This is a good point! It would be a good idea to change your action dermonster! Please? Don't hurt the tower...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 07, 2010, 03:07:55 pm »

Quote from: Diakron
Water Nobility(Creatures tied to water will not attack you, but try to order them around and you will suffer an... unfortunate accident)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>.<

okay. okay. I got this.
I hate you.
Continue with macefacesmash
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 07, 2010, 11:42:50 pm »

Well you should of realized that when i decided to come after you that it would be bad for you. i have a stronger water magic then you plus i have monster summons

Plus water nobility (damn to bad i didn't get a 5 when the EWE granted my wish)

:P technically YOU can't attack me me since you are tied to water yourself:
Name: Derek IceWinder
Race: Frost Being
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:49:58 pm by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 07, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »

He is sentient, and can therefore attack you just fine given reason. Like, say, you attacking him first. And a 5 probably wouldn't have made your power much better... I suck at wish corruption.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 08, 2010, 02:32:24 pm »

Why exactly did you came after me anyway? I didn't do anything to you except make your grave a bit less awesome.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 08, 2010, 06:23:18 pm »

you defiled my grave. such defilement cannot go unpunished.
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:24 pm »

Wondering why I haven't updated yet? Forgetfulness, I had totally forgotten all the actions were posted. I'll post the turn tomorrow.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 76: The Goggles! They do something!)
« Reply #1015 on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Discuss payment and then request a couple of the boss's men to assist me with the job.
[4] You haggle a bit with the boss, but can't seem to get an exact answer out of him. He will send a few of his men to help you, but your reward will not be revealed until the job is done. The best you get out of him is "You'll know your payment when you see it."

Quote from: Jervous
Try to make stairs out of the ground using earth magic up to the opening.
[5+2] You make stairs in the side of the tower, then, just to show off, you step on and turn them into an escalator. At the top you walk into the opening and see a giant cavern... filled to the brim with huge eggs.
earth magic(10/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
go soul harvesting (^_^X)
[6] The wizards hardly have time to react before you teleport back to them and rip the souls out of the nearest two. You get overexcited and devour one of them on the spot, giving the other mages time to attack. [3-1] Their pitiful spells cannot harm you though!
dark magic(4/64 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Demonic eh? Hmm... I guess I'll try creating a sort of translation spell I can cast upon myself allowing me to read this abomination.
[5+1] You cast a modified spell of tongues on yourself, allowing you to read any language for a short time. The book seems to contain mainly summoning rituals for various demons, and a few non-evil creatures. It might be useful... if you're willing to risk your soul over it.
arcane magic(3/32 exp.)

Quote from: Nivm
Erreti and I look for Flint, partially hoping he is still alive. If we find anything interesting of the shop variety or other along the way, we stop there and examine. I also go find the kitchen at the same time; I may or may not remember I have a map.
[1]Ereti gets completely lost in the winding streets of the city searching for Flint. It might take some time to get back to the ship now...

Quote from: rolan7
I enchant my goggles to show me where I'm aiming my gun, like a laser sight only I can see.  I use the book of enchantments for reference, of course.
[5+1] You enhance your goggles, convinced that they must do something! Casting furiously you cover the lenses in runes while chanting a spell from your book. As the spell is finished you put them on and test their new features. anything you point your gun at is now highlighted, helping your aim... but everything you aren't pointing at is dimmed. You're not going to be able to see much else when fighting with these on.
The Goggles!(+1 to hit, -1 to dodge)

Quote from: dermonster
Continue with macefacesmash
[3] You are about to smash this pest when suddenly the ground under you collapses!

Quote from: diakron
Send the fire elemental after the Snow Tiger. tell the dwarves to tunnel under Dermonster and cave him in
[5] Your fire elemental attacks the tiger [2][5] but it cannot get a good hit in, instead getting injured itself. Meanwhile your dwarves work at an impossible pace to tunnel underneath Derek [4] and manage to bury him several feet in the ground, though he can probably get out pretty quick.

Due to lazy, the statuses will have to wait.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 11, 2010, 11:46:14 pm »

and thus did the man of ice say "Fuck this shit" and completely fuse with the water orb with the help of a deus ex machina. And thus becoming three stories tall. and a lot better at water magic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 12, 2010, 12:44:31 am »

I get enchanting experience for that, right?  Just making sure, since experience was marked for others but not me.

I want to go see what Leech/Jervous is doing... but why am I the only one around here who walks?

Enchant my cloak to function as a jetpack.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 12, 2010, 02:58:43 am »

Well head on towards the target with my mooks and just scout the place out a bit.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:36 am »

I will bother later about the status then.

[ ] I look out over the city, pull out another piece of paper, and cast the rune of magic mapping with both. Then I see if I can locate Erreti, and/or help it locate itself.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111