Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88590 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 74: epic fail, epically averted)
« Reply #990 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35:57 am »

sit. calm down. make a new tourture device to charge me.
 there has to be another way but i am drawing a blank....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:21:53 pm by stonemt »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 02, 2010, 02:02:29 pm »

Ignore the mages and go to the tower.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:22 pm »

I wonder when I happened to read my note without reading it.

[ ] I recontact Erreti and make a strong link to look through its sight. On our way underneath the earth, lets stop somewhere without people and see if I can use magic and telekinesis through my elemental.

Everyone seems to be having such fun without me.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 04, 2010, 12:44:55 am »

This is awesome, if i could join the waiting list it would be most apreciated.
Scince what i want to be is irrelivant to what if any artifact i get, i will post my plans now

Name: Marbos
Race: Winged Werewolf. Non werewolf part comes from 1 of these; Avarielle (D&D forgotten realms winged elves), Beutos, (some sort of mythilogical(i think) winged human),  or Atavian (winged human from the universe of the Achaea MUD).
Class: Part time Guardian of nature
edit: adding gear: Gear?? why do i need gear, gear is for pansies

Starting skill: a new player gets 1 of those right?, Primal Magic... (i know what i mean but id rather see what you come up with)

I hope this is ok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:46:50 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 04, 2010, 07:36:21 am »

Sure, I'll add you to the waiting list when I post the next turn(either today or tomorrow). You don't get to pick a starting skill, but you get free equipment/skills based on your class.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 04, 2010, 08:09:11 am »

ok sory i misread that bit
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 75: an offer you cannot refuse)
« Reply #996 on: June 06, 2010, 01:33:15 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Go inside the building and ask to see the boss. Offer him my services.
[6]You step over the smoldering ashes of the guards into the building. As you yell out your reason for being here several thugs move out of your way terrified, clearing a path to the boss. "So, you have killed my guards and hunted down several of my underlings, all to get a job?" He remains quiet for a moment before bursting out laughing. "I love it! Simple, to the point, and vicious. I think I have a job perfect for you. I recently found evidence of a secret facility deep within the pillar this city is built around. A magical weapon is being developed there and the security is to strict for my men to sneak in. I need you to take a more... direct route into the lab and get me that weapon."

Quote from: Jervous
Ignore the mages and go to the tower.
[4] You hop out of the chariot and walk up to the tower, but there does not seem to be an entrance anywhere on the ground. Higher up you think you see an opening, just below one of the runes.

Quote from: stonemt
sit. calm down. make a new tourture device to charge me.
[2+1] You draw out some plans for a new torture device to recharge your magic reserves. All that's left to do now is find some souls.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I sit back and carefully try to read the tome of forbidden magic.
[3] You open the book you took from Abbadon and begin to... wait a second, this is written in demonic! You can't read this!

Quote from: Nivm
I recontact Erreti and make a strong link to look through its sight. On our way underneath the earth, lets stop somewhere without people and see if I can use magic and telekinesis through my elemental.
[5]You link your mind to Erreti's so that you can follow it's progress. It seems Erreti has just reached the surface of the city and is waiting on a rooftop for further orders. You try picking up a nearby pebble and find that your telekinesis does work through your creation, though it drains you a bit more to do so. Your magic should work similarly, but you will need to find something to test it on to be sure.

Quote from: rolan7
Look at the fighting water mages, look at ShadowDUMP, salute him, then cover my head with my cloak and try once again to get over this concussion.
[5] You finally manage to shake off you mental trauma. That will teach you not to steal artifacts from people with more weaponry than you! Or maybe it won't...

Quote from: dermonster
And so did the man of ice become enraged at the small men, and so did he and his mount attack the midgets of earth, with Mace and Claw hand in hand.
[1] And lo did the man of ice get his mace stuck in the ground! Wow those dwarves can move fast when they want to.

Quote from: diakron
And the Sleeper spoke, and thusly he said: "Come my minions we have but to avenge the betrayal of past brothers. let us worry not about the imposter and instead focus on the over-sized cat."

Use my rum elemental to help me summon an Fire elemental
[6] Your dwarves stop attacking the thief and instead attack the cat that betrayed you. [4] The tiger is overwhelmed by their numbers and knocked out.

[5] As they fight you try summoning another elemental to replace the lost tiger. Soon, your magic boosted by the plane itself, a small fire flickers into existence. An instant later it explodes outward into a humanoid shape and bows to it's new master.

summoner(no epic fails)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 06, 2010, 01:44:10 pm »

And so did the man of ice get enraged, and so did he call upon all the power of fate, and use his artefact to convert the fire tower to frost, and use the power of the new frost tower, to create what is essentially a 15 story tall polar bear made of super hard ice completely Loyal to Him.

using BOTH free fives.

Because it's MY turn DAMNIT!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:33:11 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 06, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »

Demonic eh? Hmm... I guess I'll try creating a sort of translation spell I can cast upon myself allowing me to read this abomination.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 06, 2010, 03:17:28 pm »

Try to make stairs out of the ground using earth magic up to the opening.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:53 pm »

Discuss payment and then request a couple of the boss's men to assist me with the job.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 06, 2010, 08:17:05 pm »

well.... there are those mages.... why not?
go soul harvesting (^_^X)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 07, 2010, 12:04:28 am »

I enchant my goggles to show me where I'm aiming my gun, like a laser sight only I can see.  I use the book of enchantments for reference, of course.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 07, 2010, 06:21:57 am »

So making the strong link didn't require concentration, or my original role was a [6]. It appears the status has no errors this time, congratulations!

[ ] Erreti and I look for Flint, partially hoping he is still alive. If we find anything interesting of the shop variety or other along the way, we stop there and examine. I also go find the kitchen at the same time; I may or may not remember I have a map.

I was so sure Flint was going to use the crime boss to find that other pirate ship, the dangerous one.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:13:41 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:23 am »

So making the strong link didn't require concentration, or my original role was a [6]. It appears the status has no errors this time, congratulations!
Actually that psychic stress was supposed to be gone... oh well, it's erased now.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111