Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88950 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 58:An elder elemental...)
« Reply #720 on: March 22, 2010, 02:52:56 pm »

Not going to use a roll-to-AI? Or try and make an educated guess at what he might do? Both seem better than having him do nothing...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 58:An elder elemental...)
« Reply #721 on: March 22, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

I might normally, but not at the spot he's in right now. I have no idea what he would do, and don't want to make any large decisions for him.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 59: random.org hates you)
« Reply #722 on: March 23, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Head to town, I'd like to get a bigger and better equipped crew. (I need more people to whip!)
[1] Your crew pilots the ship toward the town and has almost arrived when a group of small, fast ships pull up around you. A voice yells from the nearest "Your ship is suspected to be a pirate's vessel, and unless you think you can convince a court otherwise it shall be impounded and you sentenced to death."
(There have been a lot of problems with pirates recently, so the punishment has become quite severe.)

Quote from: Jervous
Follow them back to their village.
[1] You try to follow them back, but are a bit disoriented by your near-death moments ago. by the time you some to your senses they are gone, apparently not having noticed when you fell behind.

Quote from: stonemt
Pause.
[6] Paused!

Quote from: Diakron
wish for... hmm... Lordship over anything that dwells in or is made of water
[Roll for genie corruption: 1... ouch] "Granted. Though I warn you, the creatures of water are ever changing and do not like being controlled. You now have some minor influence among them, but overstep your bounds and they shall turn on you."
Water Nobility(Creatures tied to water will not attack you, but try to order them around and you will suffer an... unfortunate accident. Luckily, your elemental is still loyal to you)
You are lucky the elemental is helping you, otherwise that would have been more like "you are now king of the sea. Your coronation is at the bottom of the ocean and you can't breathe water, not to mention the pressure."

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Give in, dream about unicorns ramming their horns into Abbadon. While on fire. And farting lightning.
[6] You do. And it is epic. You dream the most awesome dream ever dreamed, filled with much insanity. Abbadon is killed again and again, attacked by hundreds of flaming unicorns... that fart lightning. This last bit is so ridiculous that you wake up right at the best part of the dream. The horrible pain you are still in might have also had something to do with it...

healing:[6] your rest did wonders for your wounds though, and while you are in no condition to fight anytime soon, you should be able to move about without too much restriction. It looks like your shield was shattered by the blast though...

Quote from: Nivm
I tell Flint 'I think I'm going to keep the ring'. I then go distribute the furniture around the ship, paying careful attention to how the weight affects the flight of the ship. I then telepathically ask if Erreti wants anything.
[1+1] You telepathically inform Flint that you are keeping the cursed ring as he flies off, then set to work unloading all the furniture you shrunk earlier. After a few pieces you get bored and restore all of it to it's original size at once! Predictably, that much weight on such a small ship ends... poorly. The ship is rapidly losing altitude, though you are in little danger of hitting the ground any time soon.

Quote from: rolan7
Combine the fire medallion with my gun, to harness it's dangerous power.
[6] You are able to quickly grab the medallion without getting kicked, and then begin integrating it with your gun. The operation is a complete success! Your gun is now limited to fire projectiles only, but it will automatically reload one shot every two turns(max: 3) and can expend multiple charges for a larger projectile. There is one flaw though: magical recoil. Firing it on anything but the lowest setting is likely to roast you a well, though not nearly as badly as your foe.
enchanter(3/4 exp.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:37:08 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 23, 2010, 03:50:49 pm »

Look for human tracks and follow them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 23, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »

Awesomeness!  I have an unstably powerful pistol!  The only thing better than that is powered armor.
Hm, you gave me some chainmail and tools...

I remove my chainmail armor and forge Jetsquirrel's mace into a magical heat sink pauldron.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 23, 2010, 06:23:21 pm »

Call my chariot again, retrieve the tome of forbidden magic.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 23, 2010, 06:29:35 pm »

almost as good as i wanted
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 23, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »

almost as good as i wanted
Only because I'm a horrible genie. That's the best I could corrupt it while still technically granting your request. >:(

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:12 pm »

well i expected i would have to work on it, the only thing i forgot was to get water breathing, but i can make a spell for that i guess
Back to Mafia with me!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 24, 2010, 01:02:49 am »

Call a lightning bolt down on each of the air-ships in our way.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:38 am »

thank you for the pause thing.
question them as to A:what beings you seek 2:why do you seek them? and (i dont think talking takes my turn but if it does ignore this) begin planing a DM cannon for the fortress

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »

I am late.
 Things went better than I expected for a one. Although the real penalty was from the fact that I totally forgot which ship I was on (thought I had transferred to get ring) and that the small ship wouldn't automatically go with Flint (thought a crew member was still piloting).

[ ] I search the index of the book of runes for an empowering/enhancing/efficiency rune to use on my ship's crystal. If that works I go after Flint; if it does not, I shrink the furniture back and go after Flint.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »

I am late.
 Things went better than I expected for a one.
Well you were just decorating, it couldn't really have gone much worse.(well, I suppose I could have had your pilot crushed by a piano or something, but that would be just plain mean) Not to mention, that should be a two, you have a +1 to polymorphing. Still worse than a natural two, but without putting you in immediate danger.

As for being late, Diakron still hasn't actually posted an action. Unless he meant to make a water-breathing spell...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:46:30 pm by dragnar »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 24, 2010, 09:17:39 pm »

go find some elves
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 60: you're attacking a city!?)
« Reply #734 on: March 26, 2010, 05:55:42 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Call a lightning bolt down on each of the air-ships in our way.
[2+1] You zap several of the other ships, but there are too many to destroy quickly, and soon another wizard starts to counter your spells, causing them to dissipate harmlessly. "You were given a chance to surrender peacefully. Dead or alive you are coming with us." A number of much larger ships begin to take off from docks across the city, all headed toward you.(seriously, you're fighting an entire city? You had a good chance in court, if only because you killed the old captain, and he's the one they would have wanted.)

Quote from: Jervous
Look for human tracks and follow them.
[2] Humans? There have never been, nor will there ever be, any humans here.(bad roll aside, they were elven druids, but that is irrelevant to the results)

Quote from: stonemt
question them as to A:what beings you seek 2:why do you seek them? and (i dont think talking takes my turn but if it does ignore this) begin planing a DM cannon for the fortress
(talking doesn't require your turn if you are merely asking questions, but giving orders, or trying to get something from the person you are talking to does)
The creature responds "We sseek those who dwell on the other sside. They have blocked all passsage, fearing what we might do if even one of uss reachess them. They do not undersstand, we are their future, they will become as uss, it is inevitable. We transsend this place, while they remain trapped in the physical, ignoring what can be done if one ssimply abandonss it." [5] As the creature speaks you use you expanded mind to command your castle to change shape, forming a large cannon on the base. It is currently non-functional, but can be activated by fueling it with a source of dark magic.

Quote from: Diakron
go find some elves
[3] You head back to the forest, searching for any elven settlements. You don't find any, but you do notice that the blighted area you were in is not so clearly defined as before. At the borders bits of greenery are beginning to grow back.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Call my chariot again, retrieve the tome of forbidden magic.
[3] You call your chariot back to yourself then grab Jetsquirrel's magic tome. It looks like it was a bit damaged in the fight though...
tome of forbidden magic(-1 to reading attempts)

Quote from: Nivm
I search the index of the book of runes for an empowering/enhancing/efficiency rune to use on my ship's crystal. If that works I go after Flint; if it does not, I shrink the furniture back and go after Flint.
[6] Quickly scanning the index you find a couple of relevant runes: a rune of power and a rune of flight. You apply the two to the crystal simultaneously and are almost knocked over by the sudden acceleration. The two runes night have worked a bit too well, and the ship now moves extremely quickly. The problem is, it seems to be incapable of moving slow enough to dock or preform any other tacks requiring even the smallest bit of finesse.
(come to think of it I should probably add the ships to the statuses, I'm not sure why I didn't earlier)

Quote from: rolan7
I remove my chainmail armor and forge Jetsquirrel's mace into a magical heat sink pauldron.
[5+1] You remove the chainmail additions to your robe and forge them and Jetsquirrel's mace into a rather large pauldron. [6] You then enchant it to absorb all excess heat in the area. It's not gonna be easy to use, but it should protect you from any fire based attacks. It also looks like you miscalculated the area, and it will absorb any of your own attacks as well.
enchanter(no epic fails)
enchanted oversize pauldron(immunity to fire but cannot use fire-based attacks, -1 to hit)

I am now on spring break! I'll have plenty of time to do a turn every day for the next week, if everyone posts often enough.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111