Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88932 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 57: The fight is over!)
« Reply #690 on: March 14, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Tell Nivm he can do whatever he wants with it.

Order the crew to bring the ship into the air providing they want to avoid a whipping.

Speaking of which my personal action will be to create a whip out of wind directly from where my finger used to be.
Your crew finishes all necessary preparations and then start up the engine. Your newly repaired ship is now airborne, ready to explore the seven skies.
[2+1] You consider replacing your missing finger with a whip of wind, but decide that changing your only remaining hand into a weapon might make picking fragile objects up difficult.

Quote from: Jervous
Finish the monster off!...With my flail!
[6+1] You smash the monster! With your flail! [3+1] it fails to get out of the way and it's final head is destroyed. You put so much force into your swing however, that your flail doesn't stop there. It smashes into the ground with such force that the room itself shakes. Moments later, the shaking intensifies, and the room begins to crumble around you. (guess where that portal took you)
flail user(3/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
make shadow people to go forth and populate this mirror world
[6] you shape the basic element of this realm into humanoid forms, and send these shadowy imitations of life to fill the city. At first, nothing happens, but then you begin to notice your creations vanishing, one by one. focusing your extended senses on them, you finally detect the cause of these disappearances. Some sort of ethereal creatures, only half-real, are attacking them and somehow changing them into more of themselves. Now that you know what to look for, this city is not empty at all, but is instead infested with whatever these creatures are.
dark magic(22/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
use all the water ties in the 3 water elementals (not the rum E) to blow out the supports of the tower
[3+1+1(elementals)] You back out of the room and into the entrance to the tower, leaving your 3 elementals behind. You then cast a spell that will cause all of the magic stored within them to explode outward violently, creating a huge wave of pure elemental water to smash the walls of the tower. As the spell goes off a second explosion of some sort shakes tower. The two combined blows cause the tower's walls to crack, and the whole place begins to slowly crumble.
water magic(14/32 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Get into a sleep-state, levitate and spin around near Abbadon so if he wakes up he gets repeatedly booted in the face.
[6] Unconscious but not yet destroyed, your mind instinctively tries to defend you by activating your rather odd levitation ability. Your body rises up into the air and begins to spin rapidly. Nothing could possibly get near you in this state, anything within about two feet of you will essentially get hit by a punch moving far faster than any punch has a right to move.(I would give a speed, but I have no idea how fast an average punch/kick travels anyway)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Make Rage i my mind to wake myself up and finish him off
[1] You awaken yourself through sheer rage, your determination to kill SHAD0Wdump overriding all reason or even survival instinct. You charge at the rapidly rotating mass you think is him, [2]only to be kicked in the face with extreme force. Good new: you think he broke his leg. Bad news: He definitely broke your face. Your body broken beyond repair, you are thrown back from whence you came. Now how do you explain to an elder god that you have failed it... GAME OVER.
SHAD0Wdump: Broken leg(-2 to movement)

Quote from: Nivm
I attempt a different method of causing change. Instead of just blasting magic at it, like I have been, I will do a little ritual. I place the ring on a surface where it won't move, then pull out a gold coin and place it beside the ring face-down. Tails represents the curse, and heads will represent the opposite, a blessing. I let magic flow into this symbolism, binding the two objects, and flip over the coin and the ring simultaneously.
[1] You decide to try a bit of ritual magic, though you have little experience with it. You link the ring and a gold coin with magic, forming a bond between the two, then flip both over simultaneously, in theory reversing the curse. You must have done something wrong while linking them though, because instead of reversing the curse you have strengthened it by... well, how much physics do you know? If the curse could be considered a negative "charge" then you have now moved even more "charge" away from it and into the ring. Your coin is now blessed(what is this good for? I have no idea) but now no magic functions at all within about 10 meters of the ring.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 14, 2010, 06:35:00 pm »

BLAHAHAHA, I killed my opponent with that?!

Awesome.

Wake up, save the tome of forbidden magic!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:16:24 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2010, 06:54:36 pm »

ok now cuase all the water to implode into 1 massive elemental
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 14, 2010, 07:27:27 pm »

BLAHAHAHA, I killed my opponent with that?!

Awesome.
It would probably be more accurate to say he killed himself with that epic fail/failed defense, but yes, you did... somehow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Wow!  Good show, JetSquirrel, it took a 6 & 1 to finish you.
On the bright side, according to private message, I'm in!  Yay!

Here's what I posted earlier:

My character is a human enchanter, quasi-scientific fire-of-human-ingenuity type.  There may be steampunk, there will be goggles, they may or may not do nothing.

I'd like to have a magitech pistol, the kind you have to reload between shots.

Character name: Luki (loo - key)

I recover the fire orb, and use it cremate JetSquirrel in an attempt to destroy his patron's claim on his soul.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I recover the fire orb, and use it cremate JetSquirrel in an attempt to destroy his patron's claim on his soul.
Uh... Modifying my action...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Uh... Modifying my action...

Oh, uh, good point.  I don't want to cremate the corpse until it's SHAD0Wdump loots it.  His kill, his loot.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:38 am »

I Attempt to split my soul from my body to run away!

or can't i?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:07 am »

So we'll have a new player, I wonder how he'll be introduced, and if he'll be more entertaining that Abaddon.

So you classify use of rituals under a completely different set of magic? I was adding that for flavor...and to explain polymorphing an enchantment instead of an object (although I know rolls decide things, I think I should have just flipped the coin, instead of both). Although I guess a [2] would be even less useful than a [1] in this case. Do I get ritual experience if not polymorphing?

[ ] I keep the blessed coin outside of my main stack, and see if I can move the extremely malevolent coin with telekinesis. If so, raise it about 12m up and 3m right of the ship, then set a subconscious compulsion to hold it there so I can do other things [lets see if my imaginary counterpart can do that too]. If no, chuck the ring off the ship before the engines go out (mutated hand!).

Just wondering, how large is the ship? A decameter is almost as long as my house.

Edit: Why do you try to apply electrical charges to beatitude? Positive charge is lack of electrons and negative charge is surplus electrons, but a curse (which would correspond to positive charge) is not a deficit of blessing; it's and opposite force.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:09:18 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 15, 2010, 04:24:12 am »

Explore the seven skies!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 15, 2010, 09:22:35 am »

can i join again? *puppy eyes*

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 15, 2010, 10:44:08 am »

Can i join, please?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 15, 2010, 10:57:19 am »

So you classify use of rituals under a completely different set of magic? I was adding that for flavor...and to explain polymorphing an enchantment instead of an object (although I know rolls decide things, I think I should have just flipped the coin, instead of both). Although I guess a [2] would be even less useful than a [1] in this case. Do I get ritual experience if not polymorphing?
Due to one of the less logical mechanics of an RTD, you don't get any exp for a natural 1 or 2, only success teaches you anything. I mentioned a while back that really large effects could be produced by ritual magic, especially if combined with a school you already know. The drawback is that you need material components for rituals, while spells never require any.

Just wondering, how large is the ship? A decameter is almost as long as my house.
Your ship is pretty small, about the size of a small sailboat. Flintus's ship on the other hand is much bigger, and could have the ring on board without shutting down all magic on the ship... though only because of a typo- I meant to say the effect had a 10 meter diameter not radius.

Edit: Why do you try to apply electrical charges to beatitude? Positive charge is lack of electrons and negative charge is surplus electrons, but a curse (which would correspond to positive charge) is not a deficit of blessing; it's and opposite force.
I know, it's not the best analogy to say the least, I was trying to explain that the two function similarly in that you could take two uncursed items, then through magic cause one to become cursed and the other blessed. So in a way, a curse is a deficit of blessing, though the two act very different: what happens when a cursed item is blessed in most games? The two cancel each other out, leaving you with an ordinary item.

can i join again? *puppy eyes*
To the bottom of the waiting list you go!

Can i join, please?
And you as well!(you get in above Jetsquirrel since he's already played once)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:48 am »

I didn't see that experience error (intended, but still an error) in the Multiworld rules. A search for "ritual" only brought up the part about them not being mental actions, and Deamon's action (castle) doesn't seem to relate to what I did. In what direction will you make this consistent?

Well, I was thinking of it in the terms of how you can have the two forces cancel each other out but not un-cancel the two forces into existence. I guess the difference would be you could only perform the transfer-intensity trick if each object already had just a small blessing or curse.

P.S. I am really tired, to the point of losing words when read and writing.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:48 pm »

I didn't see that experience error (intended, but still an error) in the Multiworld rules. A search for "ritual" only brought up the part about them not being mental actions, and Deamon's action (castle) doesn't seem to relate to what I did. In what direction will you make this consistent?
Deamon's castle counted because it was created through the sacrifice of a large number of zombies, more recently Diakron's last action would count due to using up his elementals. For simplicity's sake ritual magic isn't it's own skill, but simply a way of creating more powerful effects. You didn't get your +1 not because you would have gained ritual magic exp, but because it didn't really fall under polymorphing.(would have been priestly/divine magic with a higher roll, which only SHAD0Wdump has any exp in). I'm not very good at explaining things in writing, so things get rather vague at times.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 111