Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73690 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2009, 08:03:42 am »

First, don't say "Hammering" in that context. Hammering has a very specific meaning in Mafia - the vote that pushes someone into the lynch. second, forsaken1111's lack of defense... well, I've said what I have to say about it.

Why are you so fixated on saying "We don't have a nightkill?" You're typing those words repeatedly, as if to assert how much you're a townie totally completely entirely for realz.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2009, 08:10:59 am »

First, don't say "Hammering" in that context. Hammering has a very specific meaning in Mafia - the vote that pushes someone into the lynch. second, forsaken1111's lack of defense... well, I've said what I have to say about it.

Why are you so fixated on saying "We don't have a nightkill?" You're typing those words repeatedly, as if to assert how much you're a townie totally completely entirely for realz.

Well I could roleclaim if that helps but it is only day one, but really it will only be good the day I reveal.

So harping instead of hammering, check. Avoiding lynch and nightkill keywords, check.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2009, 08:16:00 am »

Muchenik.
If you please.
Read my Wall Of Text, the top part, at least. There is explained why I want forsaken dead. Yes, I am going for it pretty hard. But that in itself is not sufficient reason for you to vote me. Consider my arguments, then consider if they are valid. If you conclude they are not, maintain your vote, and tell me what problems you find with them. If you conclude that they are valid, as I suspect, pray unvote me, and apologise for your odd behaviour.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2009, 08:20:21 am »

Firstly: You do realise that this claim sounds like something that a scum would make to get themselves out of trouble, right?
Yes I realize that it could be interpreted as such. To that, I pose two questions.

1. Why would scum do such a thing? Why would scum draw so much attention to himself? True scum would have answered each question and let the scrutiny move on. You guys say townies have nothing to hide, but scum can easily answer questions like that without giving anything away.

2. You were in the last mafia game with me. Was that behavior not completely out of character? I am not a defeatist in general, I play the game to have fun and to win. I understand that roles don't win (though they do help) in mafia, even in a game like this with so many power roles. Hell, look at last game... I stuck to my guns despite pressure and interrogation from everyone on the townie team.

Secondly: How does the fact that you were play acting invalidate my arguments? If you were acting, it was top-quality acting, so my arguments which were designed to apply to reality should also apply to your actings. Obviously if you were acting I should now withdraw my arguments, but your claims that my arguments or actions are scummy because they were based on a lie are wrong, because I did not know you were acting.

I don't recall claiming that your arguments or actions were scummy; just that they are false because they are based on false information.

Thirdly: Go to hollywood because hot damn if that is your acting you could make a blockbuster all on your own, like that austin powers fellow.

Thank you, I think? I have been roleplaying since I was 12, and when I got the goth role the whole plan fell into place in my head. I just had to wait until someone voted me or expressed suspicion that I could turn into a small argument.   :)

Fourthly: Thirdly means I don't reaaally believe you. You claim to have an accomplice. If you are willing to share this accomplice with us, along with a confession by this accomplice, then I would be willing to reconsider.

You're free to believe what you like. As for my 'accomplice' (your word, not mine) what I said was that only one person was aware of what I was doing. Someone guessed that I was bluffing and called it in a PM. I'm not going to take the liberty of revealing this person's name, if he wants to come out then he will.

My vote stands.

Okay. I'm still undecided so I'll leave myself at no vote for now. I'm having trouble deciding between two people right now.
second, forsaken1111's lack of defense... well, I've said what I have to say about it.

Sorry, what have I failed to defend against? Its entirely possible I missed something, the posts are going fast and I'm very tired now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:15 am »

Firstly: You do realise that this claim sounds like something that a scum would make to get themselves out of trouble, right?
Yes I realize that it could be interpreted as such. To that, I pose two questions.

1. Why would scum do such a thing? Why would scum draw so much attention to himself? True scum would have answered each question and let the scrutiny move on. You guys say townies have nothing to hide, but scum can easily answer questions like that without giving anything away.

2. You were in the last mafia game with me. Was that behavior not completely out of character? I am not a defeatist in general, I play the game to have fun and to win. I understand that roles don't win (though they do help) in mafia, even in a game like this with so many power roles. Hell, look at last game... I stuck to my guns despite pressure and interrogation from everyone on the townie team.
1:You misunderstand. I am saying that you were not acting. That you, as scum, decided to claim you were acting later on, to get out of trouble.

2:Yes. You are correct, and I am beginning to reconsider my vote on you. I will not change yet, but unless muchenik has a change of behaviour, I may yet switch my vote to him.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:54 am »

Fourthly: Thirdly means I don't reaaally believe you. You claim to have an accomplice. If you are willing to share this accomplice with us, along with a confession by this accomplice, then I would be willing to reconsider.
You're free to believe what you like. As for my 'accomplice' (your word, not mine) what I said was that only one person was aware of what I was doing. Someone guessed that I was bluffing and called it in a PM. I'm not going to take the liberty of revealing this person's name, if he wants to come out then he will.

This is probably a little intrusive, but I see no reason to keep his name, and this PM secret. When we're doing an investigation, we tend to frown on those that keep secrets unnecessarily. Will you divulge that information with us, as it might help scumhunting efforts?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:15 am »

Oops:

This is probably a little intrusive, but I see no reason to keep his name, and this PM secret. When we're doing an investigation, we tend to frown on those that keep secrets unnecessarily. Will you divulge that information with us, as it might help scumhunting efforts?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2009, 08:41:48 am »

Forsaken: Former lack of defense, I suppose. You're getting better.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2009, 09:54:50 am »

Nice post NUKE guy, I like read the whole thing by accident.

This is the scum team:

Muchenik
Humaan
Sir Josh
Forsaken

Good day.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2009, 09:56:01 am »

Oops:

I don't see how it will help, but sure; he says he doesn't mind.

After the whole thing started muchenik sent me a PM saying
You ok? This isn't like you.

To which I responded
Yeah fine, its an act. Keep your head down and play along, I'm trying to draw someone out hoping they'll make a mistake.

That's all there is to it, its not like there was a conspiracy or anything, which is why I was leery of nuke's use of the word accomplice. Makes it sound like something planned out between us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2009, 10:05:19 am »

Nice post NUKE guy, I like read the whole thing by accident.

This is the scum team:

Muchenik
Humaan
Sir Josh
Forsaken

Good day.

I understand it's your style Toon to walk in, fling an accusation, then walk out, but I don't think it's unreasonable of me to ask: Why?

To all four, of course.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2009, 10:12:17 am »

Muchenik - Blatant logic holes of nonsense, also trying to get NUKE lynched because he actually has a defense.

Humaan - Who?  I see some posts around here, not much.  His biggest scum tell is saying just to lynch Forsaken.

Sir Josh - Quite scummy this game, eh?  NUKE must be lynched!  YEAHHH.  Oh, wait, never mind guy.

Forsaken - Just read NUKE's long post.  He's being unhelpful and yeah.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2009, 10:18:42 am »

In-ter-est-ing
It is exactly as I feared.
My old level of suspicion of you, forsaken, returns once more, reinforced with girders of oh jeez you did not just do that.
Muchenik is acting scummy. If the person who knew of your trick was, say, toonyman, or anyone else, I would be all like: well then I can believe you planned it all.
And as an added bonus, you did not quote. You can quote PMs. It is a little difficult to do so when the message does not exist, however.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2009, 10:24:23 am »

Muchenik - Blatant logic holes of nonsense, also trying to get NUKE lynched because he actually has a defense.

Humaan - Who?  I see some posts around here, not much.  His biggest scum tell is saying just to lynch Forsaken.

Sir Josh - Quite scummy this game, eh?  NUKE must be lynched!  YEAHHH.  Oh, wait, never mind guy.

Reasonable, thanks. Mind if I ask some followups?

So he's scum because he's unhelpful? I took the time to read Nuke's post as well, and it came off as a giant badger slash lecture that didn't really amount to much.

That's a bit... vague. So you're saying it's scummy to want to lynch someone?

In-ter-est-ing
It is exactly as I feared.
My old level of suspicion of you, forsaken, returns once more, reinforced with girders of oh jeez you did not just do that.
Muchenik is acting scummy. If the person who knew of your trick was, say, toonyman, or anyone else, I would be all like: well then I can believe you planned it all.
And as an added bonus, you did not quote. You can quote PMs. It is a little difficult to do so when the message does not exist, however.

This might seem like a weak theory, but wasn't it mentioned that Forsaken and Muchenik knew eachother in real life? What might that entail?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

What? I don't see how muchenik knowing about it is any different from toony or even yourself. As far as I remember, muchenik didn't even participate in the incident. As for quoting, how do you quote a PM?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56