Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73699 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2009, 01:50:00 pm »

The pms Muchenik has quoted.  It just seems very weird, is all. Part of the reason it's suspicious is because Muchenik seems to trust you completely, judging from the fact he sent the pm to you, and noone else.  How come?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2009, 01:53:58 pm »

So nuke, if you were the disciple of truth who would you verify?
Right now: Someone random experienced player. But seriously, if I was the DoT I would have checked someone ages ago and would certainly not be pushing for lynching someone. Infact, I would have revealed my info, and if the player I checked was town, I would get me a Round 9 kashyyk done, and if he was scum, I would get me a round 9 org done.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2009, 01:58:51 pm »

Hmm, forgot DoT was a day action.  If there were a town DoT, he probably would've pulled a Kashyyk by now, so there's a good chance that there isn't one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2009, 02:13:35 pm »

The Whiteboard
Humaan: Leafsnail
Kashyyk: Frelock
Muchenik: Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, forsaken1111
RedWarrior0: eduren
eduren: webadict
forsaken1111: Diakron, Humaan, NUKE9.13, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2009, 02:29:47 pm »

The pms Muchenik has quoted.  It just seems very weird, is all. Part of the reason it's suspicious is because Muchenik seems to trust you completely, judging from the fact he sent the pm to you, and noone else.  How come?

I really don't know. I may know him but he certainly doesn't trust me implicitly, especially in a game like Mafia. To be fair, he didn't give anything away in the PM; so I don't see where that requires trust.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2009, 03:38:11 pm »

Argh, you people post a lot. I go to bed, and then when I come back, there are five more pages of discussion to go through.

To start, I guess I'll comment on the top four scum candidates the town has so far.

Re: forasken1111: I'm not entirely surprised that his behavior was planned. I was thinking about jokingly asking him about the possibility of it, but decided against it for reasons I can't entirely remember. I guess I thought it would be a useless inquiry.

I thought he was an unhelpful townie before, but now that I know his actions were planned, it places a layer of suspcion over everything he's done. While I agree with his reasoning that scum wouldn't have drawn so much attention to themselves, I'm still left slightly uncomfortable by his actions.

For the most part, however, I think he's town.

Re: NUKE9.13: Nuke is really trying hard to justify his actions. I just don't like it when people throw down walls of text scrutinizing insignificant details for scumminess, because, well, I don't like reading through all of them. He still wants forsaken1111 dead, and he's pulling out everything he's got. He's analyzing timestamps, for crying out loud. And while some of you have said he's doing helpful scumhunting, he's still only scumhunting in one direction.

I've read all of his walls of text, and haven't really been convinced by anything he's said so far, so my vote will remain on him.

Re: Humaan: Everything he's posted so far has been laced with suspicion, as others, particularly Leafsnail, have pointed out. His last post, which was five pages ago, is full of errors. His insistence that we should lynch to thwart just the Watcher is suspicious.

I agree with Leafsnail's conclusions about him, but he needs to post more so that we can make a better judgment about him.

Re: muchenik: Is he just bad at the game or is he scum? I can't decide.

I agree we're getting tunnelvision focusing on these four candidates for scumminess. So, it's time to bring all our fine friends back into the discussion. If this seems hypocritical of me since I haven't posted that much, I understand where you're coming from, but my infrequent posts aren't from a lack of desire, it's from a lack of internet access. So I do what I can in the time I have.

Frelock, Kashyyk, eduren, RedWarrior0, Diakron, JanusTwoFace: Comment!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2009, 03:45:27 pm »

I think most of my posts today came from being really really bored at work today and waiting for the Redskins game to come on so that I could at least have something interesting to watch.

Really I should have taken time and do nice long posts that explain actions and such. But the one thing that I saw from the posts is that I trust that Nuke is townie and believe that Forsaken is probably townie but more then likely is alien.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2009, 03:47:26 pm »

So Humaan is scummy for wanting to lynch me? Aren't you still voting for me Toony?

There's a difference.  I made the first vote with reason.  He just voted trying to lynch you.

Um…  I can see your reasoning, but there WAS a reason I lynched him. I thought he was a possible scum. The odds pointed to him being scum. Therefore; I think he is scum. I did not want to lynch for the purposes of lynching, for that is detrimental. If I see a possible scum, I say full steam ahead to lynch him. I AM going to Unvote because I don’t think there is a big enough chance now that forsaken is scum. I still have a feeling he is, but the evidence points against it.

I know the basics of mafia enough to know to NOT bandwagon. My odds of surviving this game in the first place is next to impossible, and it’s only ever-so convenient that I am probably going to be lynched the next day.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »

Wait, so he's not scum now?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2009, 04:31:05 pm »

I never was scum, toony. It's not a magical transmutation.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2009, 04:33:03 pm »

So Humaan is scummy for wanting to lynch me? Aren't you still voting for me Toony?

There's a difference.  I made the first vote with reason.  He just voted trying to lynch you.

Um…  I can see your reasoning, but there WAS a reason I lynched him. I thought he was a possible scum. The odds pointed to him being scum. Therefore; I think he is scum. I did not want to lynch for the purposes of lynching, for that is detrimental. If I see a possible scum, I say full steam ahead to lynch him. I AM going to Unvote because I don’t think there is a big enough chance now that forsaken is scum. I still have a feeling he is, but the evidence points against it.

I know the basics of mafia enough to know to NOT bandwagon. My odds of surviving this game in the first place is next to impossible, and it’s only ever-so convenient that I am probably going to be lynched the next day.

You think he's scum but you're unvoting him? You aren't putting any pressure on ANYBODY? Congratulations, I'm going to unvote and vote Humaan (I think I accidentally put Pandarsenic in black up there, that was supposed to be a vote. My bad!)

Looks too much like you're just trying to back off and avoid suspicion to me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2009, 04:33:51 pm »

i have a natural aversion to going with toony's suspicions he is way to overreactive to go with alone. i think i will stay with my vote for now as all this talking has proved very little (other then we can write long bunches of words and not say anything new)
Back to Mafia with me!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2009, 06:06:09 pm »

While Humaan is certainly acting some flavor of scummy, I'm willing to chalk it up to newbieness. So, can you explain the reasoning behind your more recent posts?

Also, Nuke. I'm sorry that I didn't read your wall of text, but from what I see you are way too fixated on forsaken. I you want me to vote for him, then give me a good reason, not timestamps.

believe that Forsaken is probably townie but more then likely is alien.
Where did you get alien from?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2009, 06:07:08 pm »

I never was scum, toony. It's not a magical transmutation.

I'm talking about Humaan.  Sorry.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2009, 07:00:58 pm »

Congratulations, town! You're a pile of morons!

Way too much fucking tunnelvision. Nuke, get off of Forsaken, you're pulling the stupidest of crap out at him. Timestamps? Really? Have you ever heard of circumstantial evidence?

Well, I suppose you shouldn't get off of him entirely, I can't command you to do that, (it would be bad, it would be scummy, ect ect) but your thing about "Roleclaim or die now so that you can't discuss with your scum buddies" sounds about as likely as forsaken's "Lie to get a reaction", and they both sound truthful enough to me. In other words, I think you're both townies with tunnelvision, so I'll unvote. Get off the tunnelvision, is my advice. Specifically, I wonder why Pandarsenic is being so lurky. What do you think of Muchenik, Nuke, Forsaken, Humaan, and everything else?
LOL WAT

Muchenik: He's refusing to defend himself, being generally unhelpful, trying to tunnelvision the town, implying that in a conflict of two people, one has to be scum (a trick I used, if a bit more subtly I'd hope, in Beginner II), activelurking, and bandwagoning Nuke.

Humaan: Disregard for townie life - fine with lynching a townie, as if the Watcher is a horrific threat to the town, greater even than the cult. Even if he's not scum, he's a fucking menace as a townie because he doesn't give a flying fuck whom he lynches. He's a scum tool at best. If he isn't a Cultist, he's either a Watcher trying to yank us around or an Exterminator - maybe just an Operative, perhaps. No matter what, I don't trust him.

Forsaken1111: I hate defeatists. I think that's reasonably common knowledge.

As for Nuke, he's being helpful. He's being logical, backing up his accusations, and pressuring people who don't seem to be taking it well. I think he's town.

My vote remains on Muchenik, whom I find more scummy than Humaan.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 56