Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43235 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 6 - Please don't cry, it shall all be over soon.
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2009, 11:41:43 am »

Prods sent.

Wake up!  This game is not QUITE over yet.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:46 pm »

Oh snap its tuesday, alright, writing time, unless I have to vote now?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2009, 01:05:04 pm »

Yeah, I guess Ill just vote now..

Vote Tehstefan.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2009, 03:21:39 pm »

No point in holding back a vote now. Vote: Dr. Johbson

Guess web will decide who hangs today.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2009, 09:59:11 pm »

I'm fairly certain that tehstefan is scum. He's been much too scummy the entire game, and his freakout at 4p only confirmed it.

Game Over.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2009, 10:00:08 pm »

Game Over indeed...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2009, 10:03:54 pm »

Second vote set: 

Deadline in 1 hour from this post.  If both votes remain by 12:04 EST the game will be over.
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2009, 11:08:00 pm »

hey, Dr. Johbson, whatever happened to that post you were promising? Not that it matters.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2009, 11:09:33 pm »

It doesn't matter.

I'm Mafia.

I would just like to take this time to say, "Sorry." I did a bad thing in Day 2 by lynching eduren. Mafia tend to want to make sure they all live. I didn't teach him to be a very good mafia, and I would've preferred I had gotten a better chance to teach him.

As for staying hidden, he did a fairly good job, except for active lurking doesn't work (I was doing it a lot, and it wasn't noticeable BECAUSE I was an IC. Well, it WAS noticeable, and that's why I had to remove those that would notice it. Ergo, Vector.) After that, it was simply removing those that were the least scummiest, and then lynching the scummiest. I should've been lynched several Days ago, when you had the chance to.

When I lynched the Doctor, it was a big mistake. I wanted the Doctor alive (Or find out if there was a Doctor, and if not, I'd claim it near my lynch (I'd've gone for Cop if I hadn't killed him first Night.)

So, when you got to lylo, I was so suspicious that it was easy to believe that I was being framed. Because of that, you refused to believe each other in calling for my lynch, because that's exactly what scum would do (And I'd say so, too.) So, I had to get someone suspicious (tehstefan) and someone townlike (Apostolic), and then go to lylo with a No Lynch. I kill the obvious town guy to make me look suddenly townlike.

Then I waited. Sooner or later, you'd Cross Vote each other and I'd simply wait until neither of you would be online to stop me.

As scum, I did a good job. As an IC, not so well. I was trying to teach eduren better, but I was focused a little too much on myself. Sorry dude.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2009, 11:13:11 pm »

Good game! You definitely played far better than I did. I really have to say, good job. I had my suspicious, especially after that gamble bit, but gosh, not as much as I did on Dr. Johbson. Well played. And whoo! So exciting! As my first game to finishing, even though I lost, it was a lot of fun! Good game everyone, good game. Also, I should have gone off the data I've seen of you in other games. You were far more timid here! I thought it might have been you trying to be a good IC and not completely annihilate us, but maybe I should have listened to myself more.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:14:57 pm by tehstefan »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2009, 11:15:06 pm »

Dear diary,

Today has been a long day for me.  I wish not to think about it all, but I can tell you some of it.

I have been keeping away from the Meeting Room the past few days.  Ever since I found out who is taking charge of eliminating the Guild.  I saw what he did to his Eduren, and that was his partner.  A small time scrub like me would only warrant removing me too.  I write every day how happy I was to be told to leave them alone.  I'm so afraid of what they will do to me, I could no longer perform any of my duties. 

I write that I'm happy, but I'm not.  I'm scared, and tired, and I can't stop crying anymore.  I'm sick of seeing the bodies.  Beaten, burned, stabbed, left unrecognizable.  Every time I see one now, I dream of being that person, of some nameless shadow swinging at me over, and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

Sometimes, I wish I would wake up dead, just so that I don't have to go asleep again.

Everyone here wants to kill someone, anyone.  No one will save me from [ink slash]

There's someone at the door.

[the maid's diary ends there]

The day is over.  Mafia Webadict and Eduren has won.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:17:21 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2009, 11:18:57 pm »

Good game! You definitely played far better than I did. I really have to say, good job. I had my suspicious, especially after that gamble bit, but gosh, not as much as I did on Dr. Johbson. Well played. And whoo! So exciting! As my first game to finishing, even though I lost, it was a lot of fun! Good game everyone, good game.
I'm sure dakarian will post it soon, but here's the scum chat.

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/hSkE29inSp9

I posted in there every once in a while on what I was doing and why, so maybe there'll be some information that'll help you if you wanna play again. Heck, you could even learn to play scum!

Everything I said in this game was true. Some of it was simply to misdirect everyone toward another person. The mafia need to manipulate, and town want to make sure they aren't manipulated away from a scum.

So when someone lynches scum, don't believe you're not being manipulated. If I could've gotten eduren to look like a god by getting me lynched, I'd've done it. But, there were far to few scum to do that before he would've gotten lynched. I couldn't save him unfortunately, unless I wanted to jump in front of a train. I could've pushed him out of the way, but that would've been a gamble on both of us.

Anyhow, sorry eduren. I was a bad teacher.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2009, 11:19:44 pm »

Game over indeed, indeed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2009, 11:26:06 pm »

After reading that, wow. You really did play us. Dr. Johbson had it right, and you were scummy. Hrmm. You totally outthought me there, with the Apostolic killing. Lesson learned. Never stop being suspicious, even if it seems extremely unlikely. Hey, Web, can I ask, did we put up a good job, for newbies?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2009, 11:29:18 pm »

6 game days.  3 RL weeks, and here we are at the finish.  A few VERY quick notes:

1. I knew it would be messy when I saw what the randomizer gave me.  Two IC mafias!?  Cop, Doc, and Blocker at once?  I didn't know what to make of it, but I decided to give it a chance.

2. The game came mostly down to the matter of 'too obviousness'.  Right from the start, people suspected, but kept brushing it off to look for the less common answer.  Everyone said that webadict should be investigated from the start.  The cop did just that actually.  As to why he died, blame Webadict who, at the last second, switched the kill before confirming.  The game would've been over without that.

3. From there it was a matter of the town having the answer right under their nose but just not getting it.  I was afraid that no one would really guess web as the final scum, even after Eduren was found out.

Then came Nihilist.  First post was a cute 'welcome'.  His second post exposed just about every detail that occured in the game.  He didn't just pick out who was mafia, he had fully fleshed out their plot.  I don't think I've ever seen it before and I'm not sure I'll ever see it again. 

If there's anything to take from it, it's "don't second guess yourself".  You'd be surprised how often your first suspicions hit home.  You'd be shocked just how often those 'self doubts' were actually planted by your enemy. 

Well, in any case, here is the Dead Chat and Mafia Chat
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27