Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43250 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 5. Curse of the tired writer.
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2009, 01:45:30 am »

The problem with a no-lynch is that if I'm killed and you can't convince Johbson to vote tehstefan, we've lost. I'm pretty adamant about this; we need his cooperation if this is to work.

I can only hope that Johbson will listen to reason.

Ideally, we convince Johbson and then we wait it out, but if we can't do that, we need to lynch tehstefan today.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2009, 01:50:04 am »

This whole Defeatism thing? Total ploy. I wanted to see who was town, and who wasn't. It was risky, but considering I was rushed, and my back against the wall, I figured I'd go for broke. Bad strategy I realize, but thats why I'm a newbie, not a IC. In any case, I bet, that he wasn't that stupid. No one is 100 percent sure someone's scum in this state, and if he wasn't, he would get mad, because he would be afraid he was actually lynching a townie. Not enough to change a vote, due to the likelihood it would be a scum ploy, but enough to get pissed off, and try to make me prove myself town. Since he did, in admirable fashion, I strongly believe he's town. Which means there are only two left, and when the NK comes, I'll know for sure. In any case, yes, bad ploy, I realize that. But it was my first thought, so I gave it a shot.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2009, 03:13:20 am »

This whole Defeatism thing? Total ploy. I wanted to see who was town, and who wasn't. It was risky, but considering I was rushed, and my back against the wall, I figured I'd go for broke. Bad strategy I realize, but thats why I'm a newbie, not a IC. In any case, I bet, that he wasn't that stupid. No one is 100 percent sure someone's scum in this state, and if he wasn't, he would get mad, because he would be afraid he was actually lynching a townie. Not enough to change a vote, due to the likelihood it would be a scum ploy, but enough to get pissed off, and try to make me prove myself town. Since he did, in admirable fashion, I strongly believe he's town. Which means there are only two left, and when the NK comes, I'll know for sure. In any case, yes, bad ploy, I realize that. But it was my first thought, so I gave it a shot.

I have no reaction to this. I really don't know how to respond. Mind you, this isn't, "WOW THAT IS SO CLEVER,".

...Well, I look forward to tomorrow.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2009, 03:22:07 am »

Well, I got the many reactions I wanted. Finally, something REALLY solid to go on, and not a bunch of slippery paperer mumbo jumbo.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2009, 03:23:36 am »

Heh, just read the three posts above my last one. Bad time to admit to being crazy to get reactions I see.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2009, 03:24:35 am »

Uhh, yeah. Uhm, guess I should tell you guys I think old Tehstefan is scum too.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2009, 03:28:51 am »

Good. Then we're all agreed.
Unvote.

Vote no-lynch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2009, 09:02:11 am »

I'll write something, so don't end the Day until I have.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:34 am »

Uhh, yeah. Uhm, guess I should tell you guys I think old Tehstefan is scum too.
Honestly, I would've rather you said I was likely scum, because now Apostolic will be killed for sure. I was hoping either I would die, or you would die, so that Apostolic would be around.

Let me say something about this ploy: DON'T EVER USE IT!

It's not going to help you at ALL and will only make people hate you. It's almost as bad as actual defeatism, except this one makes you look like a jerk. I've seen this done, and it currently has a 0% success rate. In fact, I've seen townies lynched because of this.

If you want, I can explain why it doesn't work, but it's rather long.

Webadict does shiny better light on the matter of the questions I didn't answer. Suppose I don't have much to lose, so I shall answer them now.

Who would I inspect, if I were a cop? Webadict, for sure. He is, indeed, an expert, and I would need to know his status ASAP.

This probably answers the other question too, I would indeed try to get rid of webadict ASAP. However, I would have to keep in mind, that getting him lynched might be an even better idea. If I believed I could stay alive and un-scummy-ish, I would believe he would be a perfect person to have lynched, preferable latter then sooner.

Well, I hope that helped some of you. I personally think I look suspicious now, but you did ask for what I thought.
It was this post that made me think you weren't likely scum, Dr.Johbson. Either that, or you're pretty good at this scum thing.

Yeah, I'm also wondering whats sparking all the attention at Diakron. Sure, he's given quite a few scumtells, but nothing really significant, or as significant as Vector seems to be. So,

What makes Diakron so scummy Vector? One question and a vague feeling doesn't make a great offense. I'd much rather hear your reasonings.

Diakron, why the sudden change? You definitely seemed to grow far more defensive when you were voted, seems rather panicky.
You're being cautious and asking a lot of questions. The question thing alone isn't that much of a scumtell. It's usually in conjunction with another one, like caution.

You're basically acting like another eduren. As soon as he was pointed out, he started freaking out as well. It's almost exactly the same.

Hmm, maybe I'll just not NK anyone huh? Oooh, throws a wrench in your plans. Considering I'm not scum, doesn't really matter.

And of course its not over yet. But we are headed for a no lynch, and so until that happens, I can't say for certainty anything other than your going to probably vote me no matter what.
Like this. You're getting extremely defensive and freaking out.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:44 am »

Something tells me I may not have to do a vote count :P

Requests to end day will be accepted.  I'll need 2 positive requests without any negative requests.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2009, 10:36:16 am »

Do it, unless someone has anything else important to say.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2009, 10:46:14 am »

End the day.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 5 The meeting has been canceled.
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2009, 12:42:46 pm »

It is now morning.  Weary over the events of the past week, everyone walks to the room only to find the doors locked.  A note is attached to the wall.

"Hotel business.  No trespassing."

Confused, a small discussion over where to place the meeting provides no results.  In the end, no one truly wanted to continue this.  It is now clear that the proud Merchant's Guild is no more.  Everyone is now simply out to survive somehow.

The survivors go their separate ways, and take in what they can of the hotel comforts for the rest of the day.

No one has been lynched this day.

It is now night.  Those who have night roles please send me your choices.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 6 - Please don't cry, it shall all be over soon.
« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2009, 06:17:31 pm »

[/i]Morning.

No scream.. No knock.  No sound.  The survivors did not wake up till at least noon.

Each one left their room cautiously.  No staff.  No maid.  No security.  Just silence.

The meeting room was open again and spotlessly clean.  Each of the remaining merchants stepped inside.

After some time, they realize Apostolic Nihilist is not coming.  No one bothers to go to his room.

They know what they'll see.

Apostolic Nihilist, townie, has been killed in the night.

It is the final day. 

There is no deadline and there is no option to No Lynch.

There are now 3 remaining.  To end day and end game, two people must vote for the same person.  Once I see the second vote cast on a person, I will set deadline for one hour.  A change in vote will remove the deadline.

After that hour, if the votes remain, the game ends regardless of whether I am here to see it or not.  All posts made even one MINUTE after deadline is invalid, including vote changes.

Begin the final scene.
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 6 - Please don't cry, it shall all be over soon.
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2009, 06:46:33 pm »

Well. This is it. For good for for ill, this will decide who wins and loses.

There are two possible choices. Each one to me, could be likely. Will anyone listen to me, likely not, but I'm not going to go down now.

Webadict, Or Dr. Johbson is scum. Which one it is, I have yet to decide. I don't plan on voting during this, last thing I want in a quicklynch, even if that's likely to happen on me, so I'll simply spell out my arguements, and we can see what happens.

Dr. Johbson, That kill makes me think its you. If Web were scum, he would have killed you, Apo would simply then vote me, and the game would end. That night kill is what makes me think you scum, and I'm sure Webadict, an experienced player wouldn't make a mistake like that. Thats why I'm leaning towards you being scum, and leaving me here for the easy web and you lynch.  Diakron, a confirmed townie, also had suspicions on you, something I feel is to not be ignored. You tend to bandwagon, and jumped on several for no good reason, giving no logic as to why you did it.

Web: Your not immune either. While having both IC's be scum would be unlikely, it is possible. You are one of the few people here I would believe could pull off this chain of events, bussing your scum partner,  lynching townies, and then finishing it all off right here. My  only problem is with that NK, because it would have been so much easier to lynch Dr. Johbson than to lynch Apo. Still, a comment, that this whole game was a gamble, makes me think that perhaps you know more than your letting on. Subjective to say the least, but its not something to be ignored.

Dr. Johbson, your my main scum feel. This just works out a little too well for you to be anything but that, so I'm definately leaning you. However, I'm not going to provide a scum quicklynch, and kill the game off now.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27