Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Transkobold text adventure!  (Read 6911 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Transkobold text adventure!
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:21:56 pm »

(Someone told me to take my overly elaborate suggestion for another text adventure and make my own. If you read that one, you might have an advantage. It wont be exactly like that thou.)

You are a female Kobold, you are quite intelegent for a kobold, highly atractive for a kobold, in good physical condidtion, and supremly abdorable a cutebold by any standard. You are a jack-of-all-trades skillwise, and talanted at many things. You are sane, and the fourth wall'd better respect that.

You are in the quite-average kobold cave were you grew up.

>_
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Transkobold text adventure!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:22:48 pm »

Go to the river and look for a ratman

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:54:02 pm »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:54:11 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:33:29 pm »

make a masterful pigtail sock Xx, and wear it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:33:21 am »

You go to the river and take a drink, you have no reason to believe there would be a ratman there. While drinking, you contemplate your life as so many times before, nothing ever changes, you have never really acomplished anything worthy of note and you're sick of that! No, you have to do SOMETHING, something special, something that will make kobolds whisper your name for ages to come...
Once you get back, you go to the back of the cave were the elders and matriarch of the tribe reside, and ask them what makes a kobold legendary:

Elder 01: "I- I remember a day when I wus jussa young pup like you... I were travlign the wods serching for some shrooms... you know those lovely pink ones, you know wich ones I mean sugar? ... anywere, where were I... Oh right, I was wlking in tha forest, just walking right along an so. And then I spoted sum humies. You know humies right? Those tal cretures wif all them big houses? Well, I didna run lkie most would, nah, I istead sneked up on 'em and stole an entire barel of food! an em did na notice a thing! That barrel turned out ta be all full 'o prepered foods, an that one thing fed the entire tribe for a month! THAT is why I am a legendary"
Elder 02: "When I did that warior test I didn't just get some beast an hout it fa' food like most do! No, I went tha Erthendoom, were the dwarves live, to seek tresure! When I enthered thaa entrance, none had seen me up ta' that point by the way, A sword shot outta the ground an' chpped my leg of, an fer me curage I were awarded the elder's seat."
Elder 03: "Zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz...."
Elder 04: "I'm tha oldest 'bold here, an doya know why? Cause I was the uickest one der was some 60 ago; ya see the dwarves had finaly been fead up with otha economic situation-relation with tha trib, an so sent a rading party. That was a horible slaughrer... menthaly scred me fer life.... *shuder*  ... ... Anyway, Evrywun was slain n' expet tha cubs tha'd been hideen I wus tha only survivier, cause I hid inna special place none else knewn of. Now, THAT is the kind 'o quickness that makes one a legend!"
Elder 05: "It is said the first kobold was the hero Awsxedrctfvgybuhnjimko, whom borrowed herself from non-existance, a million years ago, an thats why kobolds do not 'ave  any gods ya see; god hate nothingness, an if nothingness borowed a kobold to herself to make more kobolds, then there musta've been some reason fer it, 'cause nothingness isn't stupid. Anyways, she had sum pup's, cause she borowed herself as pregnant, and she rised them and fended them of an protected them from a myriad dangers untill they multiplied onto many tribes and lerned to fend of their own well enought, and thenh she retern'd to nothingness, couse that wich was borowed willt always be taken back by force, and because she resisteth, Tha's why all 'bold have to die."
Elder 06: "F**ckfy of, puppy"

Well, that could have gone better, none of that is really usefull, You guess that if you want something figured out you have to figure it out yourself. Most likey however, whatever you are eventualy going to do probably requires an adventuring party. Perhaps it is time to put those Romeos that have been swarming around you to good use... Ah, there comes a few! look at how silly they are, showing of their fangs and claws trying to impress you.
You approach the group, 5 hunters, all slightly younger than you, and a hopeless hope shines behind their eyes. You almost feel sorry for them for a moment before you remember how utter jackasses you know those 5 to be. This is almost to easy.
You pretend to be impresed by their strenght, and state your intention to form a aiding party, they are surprised but very eager to come along and try to impress you, and you got them completely caught even before the mention of riches or fame. They swallowed it all, hook line and sinker.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:29:29 am »

Check the surroundings

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:31:54 pm »

You are very familiar with these surroundings, you have lived here all your life after all. You are in the cave Voomdherus, inhabited by the kobold tribe Voomdheriin numbering at just above one hundred 'bolds. It is a fairly large and comfortable compound of tunnels in a siltstone layer, and you know every twist of the passages like the back of your hand. It is located in a temperate joyous maple forest spotted by uncountable lakes and large meadows, the forest is called Eversparkle the Treacherous Attraction, it is an unbelievably beautiful place during this time of the year; the reds and yellows are so vibrant it almost hurt your eyes if you look at them to long. Just north of the cave is a large river called Madwater. About two days travel to the east is a large human road, crossing the river over a huge, cheerfully painted wooden bridge. To the west about a weeks travel away is the Loomingblue mountain range, and to the Northwest about 11 days of travel is the dwarven fortress Erthendoom in mountains, and is also the endpoint of the road. There is a large circular chasm about half a days travel from Voomdherus containing a batman tribe allied to Voomdheriin. This is all that is known for certain.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

Bah, this world is too cheerful. Needs more GRIMDARK.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:41 pm »

Bah, this world is too cheerful. Needs more GRIMDARK.
Oh, no need to worry about that, I'm just a bugger for contrast... >:D
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 07:21:21 am »

So... what do you do?
>_
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 04:36:21 pm »

>Become Right Hand of Armok

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

Go raid a dwarf fortress. Be sure to get the silk sock that's deepest inside.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:02:43 pm »

Using a stick and some sand, work out some basic principles of euclidean geometry.

Next, do some experiments with falling objects (Maybe lackeys can help?).

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:47 am »

You consider a few possible things to do...

>Become Right Hand of Armok
That does sound appealing, but you are not quite insane enough to take such an idea remotely seriously, it's not even funny. Besides, if you are going to daydream why would you have any boss at all?

>Go raid a dwarf fortress. Be sure to get the silk sock that's deepest inside.
You consider doing something along the lines of what the legends tell of kobolds doing. But really, attacking a fortress is suicide if you don't have any specific advantage, and while watching those buffoons you "recruited" get sliced to bits by traps would be fun, getting chased by dwarves warriors dosn't quite as much.

No, you need to work with your strenghts; somthing were wit, charisma, and creativity of original thought is what matters. You can't quite think of anything like that that would make someone famous or powerful thou...
You go down to the river and simply sit down to think, you walk back and forth along the beach discrading idea after idea. Finaly you become frustrated enought to simply kick the sand, forming 3 paralel lines with your claws...
Using a stick and some sand, work out some basic principles of euclidean geometry.

Next, do some experiments with falling objects (Maybe lackeys can help?).
You notice that the lines do not cross. A idea starts forming in your head. You slide your foot over the sand again, forming another 3 lines, intersecting the other 3 in 9 places, and forming 4 identical contained diamond shapes...
A few hours later*, after drawing circles, triangles, squares and numerous other shapes, you know you are onto something BIG.

You continue drawing shapes, and then symbols, and learning enormous amounts, until 5 hours later the sun rises** and the sand becomes to bright to look at. You then retreat into the forest to test some other hypothesis.
Using some simple peices of wood and a few rocks, you discover many things; leavers, centre of gravity, a few basics of trajectories, buoyancy, and more. You do reach a dead end after a while thou, having only two materials, no way to shape them beyond the most crude selection among what nature offers pre made, and no precise way to measure time.

You are feeling very sleepy, and hungry, so you go back home to eat and rest.

It is now the early evening** of the next day, you have just woke up, what do you do?
>_

* The jocks you recruited went home when you didn't immediately set a goal. It is a common practice in the tribe to organize who is going to be in on something a few days before actually deciding what or when.
** Kobolds are noctural, in the unlikely event you didn't know that.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 07:19:43 am »

Propagate the species.

Wait, natch that, gather impromptu adventuring party and as many weapons and as much food and water as you and they can carry, then head in a promising direction to find a new Kobold tribe and hopefully a suitable Kobold with which to propagate the species. (North if no batter direction presents itself.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7