Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15840995 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #4620 on: January 22, 2010, 06:02:50 am »

Happy:

Although my ancient javascript attempt to save copies of VN pages failed,

a) IE6's save target as didn't, though it's manual work, and incomplete
b) I just wrote a perl script (My first, actually) that strips post numbers from the saved pages
c) I wrote a javascript post quoter that accepts a newline delimited list of numbers, basically the output of the perl program (Except that the perl program batches an entire directory, with meta-information, such as the file that the post numbers came from. So I just manually copy one topic worth at a time)

Parsing the output isn't impossibly hard, but it is still incomplete(some XML, and "  ~~~~~~~~~~  "s to strip, maybe some processing to tidy the quote tag into more of a post header)

Armok must be quite happy, reading this.
I probably would if I understood what exactly that meant... Is this for downloading the HTML, or for for procesing HTML into being forum quotable?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4621 on: January 22, 2010, 06:45:23 am »

My kitty makes me happy.
[annoying] WHOOZE A CUTE KITTY? YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE! [/annoying]

What kind of hat did you get? Is it sweet?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4622 on: January 22, 2010, 08:01:26 am »

Happy:

Although my ancient javascript attempt to save copies of VN pages failed,

a) IE6's save target as didn't, though it's manual work, and incomplete
b) I just wrote a perl script (My first, actually) that strips post numbers from the saved pages
c) I wrote a javascript post quoter that accepts a newline delimited list of numbers, basically the output of the perl program (Except that the perl program batches an entire directory, with meta-information, such as the file that the post numbers came from. So I just manually copy one topic worth at a time)

Parsing the output isn't impossibly hard, but it is still incomplete(some XML, and "  ~~~~~~~~~~  "s to strip, maybe some processing to tidy the quote tag into more of a post header)

Armok must be quite happy, reading this.
I probably would if I understood what exactly that meant... Is this for downloading the HTML, or for for procesing HTML into being forum quotable?

It's for downloading the actual quote, rather than trying to piece it together from the HTML.
Eh?
Eh!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: January 22, 2010, 10:57:39 am »

I just had a really awesome dream.
The first part of it was like Shadow of the Colossus. I was going place to place destroying epic enemies.
Then I was suddenly playing a 3d version of DF, but still represented by ASCII characters. I was getting messages the I should relocate the fortress near some Al-something something essence, also known as dubdin crystal(I think), or build a Al-blah statue in my meeting room to prevent chaos from breaking out. I also had these three artifacts on top of a watchtower I built. When I would scroll over them, they would show half of a... thing with it partially glowing(for some reason I knew if I had 4 different artifacts, something good would happen).

I began scouting out new fortress areas because I had no nearby dubdin crystal. I was scouting in a first-person adventure mode with fog-of-war. I found an ancient ruin that had the 4 artifacts and it was built out of 4 different crystals. I explored it and found some crystals I decided to take back to the mountainhomes. Then this man wearing only a loincloth decorated with paint all over his body showed up. He held some sorta dull green glowing weapon. He would stop at the entrance to the ruins. He told me to fight him and gave me a choice of a neon green dagger or a glowing red dagger. I chose the red one.
I fought him and won. Then I noticed my fortress came to it's end(it also had the 4th artifact).

:)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:55 am »

I just had a really awesome dream.
The first part of it was like Shadow of the Colossus. I was going place to place destroying epic enemies.
Then I was suddenly playing a 3d version of DF, but still represented by ASCII characters. I was getting messages the I should relocate the fortress near some Al-something something essence, also known as dubdin crystal(I think), or build a Al-blah statue in my meeting room to prevent chaos from breaking out. I also had these three artifacts on top of a watchtower I built. When I would scroll over them, they would show half of a... thing with it partially glowing(for some reason I knew if I had 4 different artifacts, something good would happen).

I began scouting out new fortress areas because I had no nearby dubdin crystal. I was scouting in a first-person adventure mode with fog-of-war. I found an ancient ruin that had the 4 artifacts and it was built out of 4 different crystals. I explored it and found some crystals I decided to take back to the mountainhomes. Then this man wearing only a loincloth decorated with paint all over his body showed up. He held some sorta dull green glowing weapon. He would stop at the entrance to the ruins. He told me to fight him and gave me a choice of a neon green dagger or a glowing red dagger. I chose the red one.
I fought him and won. Then I noticed my fortress came to it's end(it also had the 4th artifact).

:)

I want that game.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4625 on: January 22, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »

I'm fully rested for once, and should no longer have insomnia thanks to it. And the housework I needed to do took less time than I thought, plus, my brother's visit is delayed by a day so everything can still be done on time, including tonight's update. ;D

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: January 22, 2010, 06:55:59 pm »

Happy: further script improvements means the javascript can get pagefulls at a time.

Not so happy: It locks up that instance of IE6 until finished(minor issue), and I really don't want to slow the forums too much(big issue, though it might not be)
Eh?
Eh!

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: January 22, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »

There was no school today, so yay.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: January 22, 2010, 07:03:51 pm »

Happy: An earlier delay of one second between each quote (To be kind to the forum server) was reduced to 1/5th of a second, and I added a "pages remaining" counter.

Now it runs tolerably fast, and I can easily check the remainder.

But if it is slowing the forum in any noticable way, I'll increase the delay again. Don't want to be rude...
Eh?
Eh!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: January 22, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »

There was no school today, so yay.
Its a Friday, so yay.

Also, Nurgle is so disturbingly Sweet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:26:58 pm by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4630 on: January 23, 2010, 04:39:13 am »

I like mashed potatoes, I like Oblivion.
Now, Eating mashed potatoes WHILE playing Oblivion?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: January 23, 2010, 04:44:31 am »

It depends. Do you like your potatos thin, or thick? were they instant or homemade? Were they with skins, scalaped, cheesy, or any combination of those? Was it butter or margarine that was used as one of it's key ingredients? What type of milk? Did you have gravy? If so, what type? Was it from natural fat or artificial flavoring?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: January 23, 2010, 05:44:14 am »

Also, Are you Breton? Ha-Ork? What's your style? Are you in any of the guilds? Have you beaten the Assasin's guild yet? Have you got the Shivering Isles expansion? How many Mods do you have? Can you get Horse Armor? Do you wear armor? If so, What type? Is it Heavy or Light?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #4633 on: January 23, 2010, 12:50:01 pm »

So apparently I've been drafted into a game of D&D with the friends I haven't seen for four months or so. Hoorah! I really need to buy my own dice, though. All this dice-leeching is beginning to grate on my sense of propriety.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: January 23, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »

Amazing how "I think I'll play for a little while" can turn into "did the sun just set?". Another day of consol gaming, although this time it was Uncharted 2. Feels a lot like the first one though, down to that twist they did near the end of the first. I think it is safe to say that the third game will have a similar twist.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 13326