Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13290 13291 [13292] 13293 13294 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15909676 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199365 on: December 01, 2023, 05:50:29 pm »

Yeah, dogs are awesome, got me through some tough times

Unrelated, I now really appriciate podcasts, Short one I liked is "The second oil age" and two ongoing ones are "Midnight Burgers" and "Midst",  both are greeping, only near the end of tge first season of Midst but it's amazing
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199366 on: December 01, 2023, 07:35:15 pm »

I... is that a typo for gripping, or is greeping some new term I haven't noticed floating around? If the latter, wuzzit mean?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199367 on: December 01, 2023, 09:19:10 pm »

Having managed to finagle my way into receiving money for Christmas (My mum was weirdly desperate to give me actual items despite me repeatedly saying I wanted money for this specific reason) I'm getting a new...ish GPU. Finally get to replace my GTX 760. It's done an admirable job, lasting 8 years of fairly heavy use in my gaming PC. But I replaced every other component a year or two ago.

I'm getting a second hand 6600. Not an XT sadly, but at this point even a £50 GPU would be a major upgrade.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199368 on: December 01, 2023, 10:33:23 pm »

And a flock of angels sing thee to thy rest, 760. I think a 6600XT is what I got my partner set up with in her computer. It's a good card; I think the bottleneck in her system is the CPU.

I've got a tired 1080 that's still pulling weight admirably. Dunno when I'll replace, or hopefully, if, with this tower. Perhaps I'll be shopping for a graphics card on the far side of the planet someday.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199369 on: December 01, 2023, 10:48:36 pm »

Huh, I also have a 6600XT. I've had some strange driver occurrences with it, but no complaints about performance.

Not that I really play many graphically demanding games. Maybe getting such a card was overkill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199370 on: December 01, 2023, 11:01:32 pm »

I built a PC and then vowed to buy a graphics card at some point.

That was 8 years ago, and the little 1GB of VRAM graphics chip has lasted all that time. It went a bit bananas at one point when it refused to have the proper graphics when I ran FM20 in full screen, but it was alright if I ran the game windowed, so… yeah.

Probably the game’s fault tbf, there were other issues with it like sometimes just refusing to run for no apparent reason. Sometimes I could restart the PC to fix it, sometimes I had to delete the preferences folder, sometimes I had to do delete it multiple times… then fix it to run windowed again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199371 on: December 01, 2023, 11:09:24 pm »

The thing that really set off my decision was BG3, there's no map and it pulls 30fps at absolute best. More often than not it stutters like an electronic speech impediment.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199372 on: December 02, 2023, 04:21:56 am »

I think it's fair to have an up to 75-150watt (a little depending what timeperiod we're talking) card, just in case, even if you don't play a lot of graphically demanding games. It's a shame it became so difficult to achieve, within a reasonable budget for "just in case might never use".

75w are the ones that dont even have a separate power intake, but get all their juice from the mobo iirc. If you had like a 1050 or 1650, you can still be somewhat comfortable even in eyecandy games (it wouldnt be eyecandy for you, but probably very playable, except for utterly poorly optimized stuff)

I applaud you for running that 760 until today,good card, good value good patience... If you didn't play 3d games it might be comfortable another decade... If you want to slap a new card in an old computer, careful with the very low end of the latest generations they might only have x8 pcie lanes because they're banking on you to have pcie4.0

Since we're on the subject of graphics, saw a discussion earlier today with someone criticising gamedevelopment focusing too much on graphics and another person like "buddy that is not a controversial take"... and ooh if they knew how wrong they are. There are people that overvalue the graphics of a game so incredibly much, take this for example: got a friend who played ark survival like 10 years back when it was still new and fresh. At the time a good gaming laptop struggled to run it, but did manage... So the guy is allways making poor decisions because of the looks of game, and then get this: he recently expressed interest in the ark rerelease, that's expected to run poorly again on his newer laptop... I say how about we play the same damn game that is finished and will actually run smoothly for once? "meh" ... unfathomable to me how can make such poorly adjusted choices but all the guys from my homevillage are ultradense when it comes to picking good games its pretty depressing. I could tell you how to tailor your marketing material to sell a shit game to just about anyone of them.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199373 on: December 02, 2023, 05:34:46 am »

They actually finished an Ark game??

I... is that a typo for gripping, or is greeping some new term I haven't noticed floating around? If the latter, wuzzit mean?

I also really need to know I'm just not coming to greeps with it
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199374 on: December 02, 2023, 06:11:05 am »

Well said. I guess there one that got a lot of work, and an unoptimized one.
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199375 on: December 02, 2023, 06:34:01 am »

You think they would actually prioritize optimization for the new game?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199376 on: December 02, 2023, 07:16:46 am »

Why would they, they were pretty successful with an eternally early access product, and as stated above, suffices to update your light shaders and textures and a bunch of people will reconsider it as if it was a new product.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199377 on: December 02, 2023, 06:36:45 pm »

-snip-
Like I said, everything was replaced with new mid-range stuff a year or two ago so there shouldn't be an issue.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199378 on: December 04, 2023, 02:55:53 am »

Municipality here is organising a tour of TCG Anadolu, a large militiary ship. Me and my family are currently waiting for the ferry to arrive. The warship is so large, it can't approach the shore, since the bay is pretty shallow. Anyways, I will post some pictures once we get there. Getting pictures inside the ship it is banned, but taking them on the deck is permitted.

Then we will ride it to the Greek coast and commit warcrimes say hello to our western neighbors.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199379 on: December 04, 2023, 08:33:31 am »

Do post pictures!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 13290 13291 [13292] 13293 13294 ... 13327