Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13292 13293 [13294] 13295 13296 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15909492 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199395 on: December 07, 2023, 10:04:08 am »

I like big boats and I cannot lie
you other rudders can't steer right
Only starboard
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199396 on: December 07, 2023, 10:56:04 am »

*cough* Starboard is right.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #199397 on: December 07, 2023, 11:01:44 am »

I'll put my board right up your star *cough*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199398 on: December 07, 2023, 06:55:52 pm »

You are banned from port
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199399 on: December 08, 2023, 02:31:25 am »

But what if you drink port?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199400 on: December 08, 2023, 05:51:07 am »

Then you must pass the port

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199401 on: December 08, 2023, 06:58:16 am »

The thirteenth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In it is more info about a certain alien species' culture, more character development, and an explanation for why they did not just send a drone courier instead of a manned ship.

And most importantly, and actually happy, is that I have a backlog, for the next few days I'll be releasing a chapter a day so stay tuned!
Fourteenth chapter is out (I still have a backlog so maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too). It's more suspense, regarding the most alien and advanced civilization seen yet.

As for the pictures, I like them! I never saw a military ship in my life, must have been interesting.
Fifteenth one is released. One phrase: out of the frying pan into the fire.
Sixteenth chapter is out. The crew witnesses the civil conflict of the glubb-enn civilization, the secret of the diamond spheres is revealed, and a mistake is made... I was wrong about Ch.15 being the last of the release spurt, and this likely isn't the last either (Ch.17 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). In any case, as a beginner writer I'm happy that I'm able to put out such a volume.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199402 on: December 08, 2023, 10:58:15 pm »

The thirteenth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In it is more info about a certain alien species' culture, more character development, and an explanation for why they did not just send a drone courier instead of a manned ship.

And most importantly, and actually happy, is that I have a backlog, for the next few days I'll be releasing a chapter a day so stay tuned!
Fourteenth chapter is out (I still have a backlog so maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too). It's more suspense, regarding the most alien and advanced civilization seen yet.

As for the pictures, I like them! I never saw a military ship in my life, must have been interesting.
Fifteenth one is released. One phrase: out of the frying pan into the fire.
Sixteenth chapter is out. The crew witnesses the civil conflict of the glubb-enn civilization, the secret of the diamond spheres is revealed, and a mistake is made... I was wrong about Ch.15 being the last of the release spurt, and this likely isn't the last either (Ch.17 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). In any case, as a beginner writer I'm happy that I'm able to put out such a volume.
Seventeenth chapter is out. The crew escapes the glubb-enn crossfire, and enters a system property of the Yectkogg corporate empire. The consequences of seeking help from rabid capitalists ensue.

This really is the last of this spurt of releases. We are going back to weekly releases (on Saturdays). The spam is over. Sorry yall for shitting up this thread I'm just very enthusiastic about my book and it brought some much-needed stability in my life and an escape. I'm sorry.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199403 on: December 08, 2023, 11:09:34 pm »

The fuck is that a reason to be sorry for? It’s the happy thread, if it’s not for this sort of thing I don’t know what it is for.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199404 on: December 08, 2023, 11:09:57 pm »

idk where I would be without my writing. Probably dead or having constant nervous breakdowns. Even with the deadlines and stuff it's very calming.

I guess it's a coping mechanism.

The fuck is that a reason to be sorry for? It’s the happy thread, if it’s not for this sort of thing I don’t know what it is for.
Because I was filling it with daily announcement posts?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199405 on: December 08, 2023, 11:17:10 pm »

If it’s because you’re happy it’s golden.

Quite frankly I like seeing your posts. I don’t read the book, but it’s great to see someone being passionate about something they really care about.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199406 on: December 09, 2023, 03:53:21 am »

It's on the to do list, the updates are acknowledged benevolantly.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199407 on: December 09, 2023, 05:15:12 pm »

Got the statistics out of the way on my assignment! Hooray! Only other assignment's due in a month and a half and that's only an essay. The most stressful part of this one's over. Still need to do a 500 word summary, but that's easy.

Then it's plain sailing (Comparatively). Just revision, reading around the subject, and that essay.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199408 on: December 10, 2023, 07:20:43 am »

If it’s because you’re happy it’s golden.

Quite frankly I like seeing your posts. I don’t read the book, but it’s great to see someone being passionate about something they really care about.
Indeed

They inspire me not to fall into the abyss, but instead to break off, have a cup of tea and write

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #199409 on: December 11, 2023, 07:23:15 pm »

I downloaded the Black Parade, the famous thief 1 mod that was in the world for a decade and released just recently.

This went from "Oh hey, this is really cool!" To "I was not prepared for this. Nothing xould have prepared me for this." In the span of the first two levels. Though it seems much harder than the original games, and probably incomprehensible to a newcomer. But still, it's damn, damn good.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 13292 13293 [13294] 13295 13296 ... 13327