Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13152 13153 [13154] 13155 13156 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15890144 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197295 on: April 02, 2022, 09:23:34 am »

Really enjoying Patrick's Parabox.

Ah yeah, this game is great, although I'm not playing it myself but watching a friend play it as I offer normally unhelpful advice. I sorta can't get over how genius a game it is where with a couple of mechanics it has so much stuff in it. It amazes me every time we get to a new area and theres no new mechanics in the area at all but still entirely new types of puzzles. (and sure, there is sometimes new stuff too, which is cool and very fun as well.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197296 on: April 02, 2022, 09:36:51 am »

Sounds amazing

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197297 on: April 03, 2022, 08:07:01 pm »

I finally watched Star Wars: Episode IV: a New Hope. It just took me 33 years of life to get around to it. It was quite enjoyable, though I watched it on Disney+ and the version there seems to include a great deal of very out-of-place CGI creatures, including a CGI Jabba the Hutt. I don't think they had that kind of CGI technology in 1977, so it all just stands out from everything else and it's just immensely immersion breaking.

Maybe I'll get around to the other Star Wars movies, if only to squeeze out the value of this Disney+ membership.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197298 on: April 03, 2022, 08:51:35 pm »

The CGI was from an updated version George Lucas did at some point.

One of the more controversial aspects of it was also making  the bounty hunter we meet when Han Solo enters the story - Greedo - miss shooting Solo from the other side of a small table in order to make Han seem like less of a murderer.

In the original, Han just blasts him and Greedo doesn’t get a shot off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #197300 on: April 03, 2022, 09:11:12 pm »

That was literally my nerd ass childhood I'm pumped
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197301 on: April 03, 2022, 10:38:31 pm »

The bachelor party went off without a hitch! I'm bushed.

It has also confirmed that I do not like smoking (cigar bar was the last destination), and while puffing on a cigarillo was neat, it's not enjoyable enough to try again. God, the smell is in my hair, even.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197302 on: April 04, 2022, 08:56:04 am »

One of the more controversial aspects of it was also making  the bounty hunter we meet when Han Solo enters the story - Greedo - miss shooting Solo from the other side of a small table in order to make Han seem like less of a murderer.

I might have liked the original version, if only for not "fixing" the movie with shit 2 decades after the fact. That shot with Greedo, it'd honestly be difficult to see who shot first unless you go frame by frame, they basically shoot simultaneously.

But anyway I also watched Encanto and Turning Red. I thought that they're both great movies, but I'm a little concerned that the main source of drama for both movies were an overbearing and demanding parent figure. I hope that the latest trend in these kinds of movies isn't to always make the moral always a shallow message about  familial harmony, and never getting a proper villain.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197303 on: April 04, 2022, 12:30:20 pm »

https://crazyfattigercat.tumblr.com/post/680533611629477888/mctreeleth-mysticsoldiersailorhylia

I could have just linked the video, but the Simpsons joke at the end makes it even better.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197304 on: April 06, 2022, 06:22:58 am »

Everyone needs to see this video:
https://youtu.be/LxgMdjyw8uw

Spoiler: Everyone? (click to show/hide)

No, really, see it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197305 on: April 06, 2022, 07:45:19 am »

I might have liked the original version, if only for not "fixing" the movie with shit 2 decades after the fact. That shot with Greedo, it'd honestly be difficult to see who shot first unless you go frame by frame, they basically shoot simultaneously.

But anyway I also watched Encanto and Turning Red. I thought that they're both great movies, but I'm a little concerned that the main source of drama for both movies were an overbearing and demanding parent figure. I hope that the latest trend in these kinds of movies isn't to always make the moral always a shallow message about  familial harmony, and never getting a proper villain.

The CGI extra stuff was added to the original trilogy when they were re-released in the early 90s. Though it's also several layers of added CGI from various other re-releases of the series since then.

There's a Despecialized version made by one Harmy and others which aims to get the film closer to how the original movie releases were. I think they improve the visual quality without a lot of the excess CGI that was added later. I haven't watched the whole movies of this project and only know the 90s releases.

Comparison video on YouTube

Google Document with details about the Despecialized Editions
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197306 on: April 09, 2022, 12:29:48 am »

Just beat subnautica after about a ~5 year absence in the middle.

Damn its a great (and often terrifying) game.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197307 on: April 09, 2022, 06:46:18 am »

Damn..  Im still to finish submarine titans...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197308 on: April 09, 2022, 06:47:54 am »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197309 on: April 09, 2022, 11:22:51 am »

My daughter turns seven today and my ex wife sent pictures anf she's so adorable oh my god.
Pages: 1 ... 13152 13153 [13154] 13155 13156 ... 13326