Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13153 13154 [13155] 13156 13157 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889719 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197310 on: April 09, 2022, 11:37:01 am »

A close friend of mine is moving cross country.

We've been playing classic Battletech bi-weekly or so till he actually goes.  He had a background with the old mechwarrior dark age clix game, but he's actually enjoying the grognard war game, even goes out of the way to arrange the next game.

Anyways his favorite mech from the clix game was the Spider, a light jumpy lad which for that game had a much different design.  I found they actually make a pewter mini of the dark age sculpt in classic scale, so I assembled and painted one for him as a moving-away gift.  Went with a white and gold comguard-ish paintjob.  Was a bit silly in hindsight, he's something of a commie (I don't mean this insultingly) so I'd doubt he'd actually like the whole Comstar megacorp thing.

He actually likes the mini, basically wants to play it every week.  Did go out of my way to find the proper matching record sheet for the model and gave him that as well.

He pretty much always likes my paintjobs, meanwhile I've stared at them for like three hours making them and see/know every flaw.  Mostly just a coat of paint or two, plus a wash, plus minimal dry brushing.  Doesn't help that you could turn your head left or right on the BT subreddit and find actual high quality 'jobs.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197311 on: April 10, 2022, 07:40:03 pm »

So I finally went out of my way to watch Star Wars episodes 5 & 6. Actually wow, what good movies those were. No surprise they ignited a massive franchise that has lived long enough to get driven into the ground over and over again. Honestly the only things I knew about Star Wars my entire life came from the shitty videogames that convinced me it was schlock that the boomer generation just fell in love with and overhyped to absurdity.

Though, I don't know about any of the other movies. I've heard that those ones actually don't live up to the name. But oh well, I've fulfilled the request that my coworker made of me, that I actually watch episodes 4, 5, and 6.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197312 on: April 10, 2022, 08:10:19 pm »

Empire Strikes back is magnificent!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197313 on: April 10, 2022, 08:13:35 pm »

tbh there's plenty of classic good Star Wars games out there, if you go digging.  Dark Forces, the N64 Pod Racer game, several of the Jedi Knight/Outcast/Whatever games, Knights of the Old Republic, couple X Wing stuffs, old aughts Battlefront games...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197314 on: April 10, 2022, 08:54:20 pm »

I quite enjoyed Rogue Squadron.

If you intend on watching any of the other trilogies - though they aren’t as good - episode 1 isn’t all that good, but the music for the last lightsaber battle is pretty awesome.

Episode 1 also does a bit too much to try to establish what happens in the original trilogy, while also trying to make a story of its own. There was somewhere on the interwebs I read you could basically give episode 1 a miss, and watch episode 2 and 3 which pertains a lot more to the original trilogy, and you could maybe go back to episode 1 to see how the relationships between various characters start out.

Not a big fan of the new trilogy personally. Episode 7 is just a rehash of episode 4, and the new director in episode 8 seemed to try to get rid off all the interesting bits from 7, while the director of 7 comes back for 9 and tries to re-establish those interesting things while working with the utterly ridiculous things that were brought in for 8.

Bit of a clusterfuck, basically.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197315 on: April 10, 2022, 09:03:27 pm »

Empire At War has some mods that take it to the next level, specially the Clone Wars mods.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197316 on: April 11, 2022, 01:57:41 am »

Galactic Battlegrounds is fun and a good spin on Age of Empires 2. I also like the old space flight sims X-Wing and TIE Fighter but they get really difficult, plus you need a joystick.
Dark Forces 1 is a fun shooter if you like games like the original Doom. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight is a good game too but the levels can get really maze-like and movement is rather slippery.
Jedi Knight: Outcast is a better game I think, and Jedi Academy improves on the lightsaber combat from Outcast a lot, adding a lot more combo moves you can pull off.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197317 on: April 11, 2022, 06:31:19 am »

Battlegrounds is AWESOME. Check out the Expanding Fronts mod.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197318 on: April 11, 2022, 12:42:35 pm »

I am a giant fan of all those games. Big star wars nerd.

@Joshua - Star Wars The Old Republic and the KOTOR series are some primo star wars rpg's with magnificent storytelling involved. I recommend Sith Warrior for The Old Republic for its story.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197319 on: April 11, 2022, 07:39:55 pm »

The prequel trilogy was okay, it wasn't brilliant or anything and some of it was just kinda bad, but I'd argue it's worth at least one watch. I remember hearing about fancuts that were generally well-received, maybe try looking for one of those.

After that I heartily recommend Rogue One as a sort of "interquel" between Episodes 3 and 4 (closer to 4). It's by far the best Disney-made Star Wars film, and this is not one of those damnation-by-faint-praise things. It's genuinely good.

As for the games, everyone's listed the biggest names. KOTOR, SWTOR, Battlegrounds, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, all good. Fallen Order is also supposed to be good, being a sort of SW-themed soulslike, but I have not personally tried it because it requires signing your soul over to EA to play.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197320 on: April 11, 2022, 08:23:45 pm »

Fallen Order is also supposed to be good, being a sort of SW-themed soulslike, but I have not personally tried it because it requires signing your soul over to EA to play.
It's a decent one to watch, from doing just that. Can't speak for the actual playing, but it looks fun enough as such things go. It also has this to speak for it, so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197321 on: April 11, 2022, 09:03:08 pm »

I'm actually certain that I've played one of the KOTOR games, but it was so long ago that I barely remember anything about it. I just have a lingering emotional memory of reaching a certain point in the game, and then it grinded down my patience with some quest or area that I couldn't complete. Also, the only vivid memory I have is of a puzzle which is one of those mathematical "What number comes next?" style questions, and me getting my mental shit shoved in trying to figure out the last and hardest one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197322 on: April 12, 2022, 01:55:40 am »

Fallen Order is also supposed to be good, being a sort of SW-themed soulslike, but I have not personally tried it because it requires signing your soul over to EA to play.

I haven't played any Dark Souls or soulslike but Fallen Order isn't anything like the idea I have of what they are like. It's more like a Tomb Raider-like with more fighty bits, the new Tomb Raiders that is, which I think they were heavily inspired by.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197323 on: April 12, 2022, 02:53:01 am »

Eh, FO's fairly close in playstyle to bloodborne or sekiro in particular, from looking at it, iirc. It's faster than the older ones and a bit more mobile/explore-y overall, but still close enough design wise to draw the comparison to the general sort of material.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197324 on: April 13, 2022, 07:14:01 am »

Got a promotion and a payraise... the raise was actually at the end of the last month, the promotion was today. Bosses are happy with my work and I'm happy working for them.
Pages: 1 ... 13153 13154 [13155] 13156 13157 ... 13326