Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12101 12102 [12103] 12104 12105 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844041 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

i am the dark
i am vengeance
i am the punisher
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I feel like, when it comes to puns, we're all just looking for a Prince Chairman to come save us. Alas, no one is russian to save us, mao or ever. Things are too tsar for that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I feel like, when it comes to puns, we're all just looking for a Prince Chairman to come save us. Alas, no one is russian to save us, mao or ever. Things are too tsar for that.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Feel the power of my puns, mortal.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Been having fun with Warframe
It's nice to have a PC that doesn't curl up and die whenever something more graphically intense than 16-bit stuff looks at it funny.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been having fun with Warframe
It's nice to have a PC that doesn't curl up and die whenever something more graphically intense than 16-bit stuff looks at it funny.
I at first thought you meant "Player Character", for some reason, and confusedly thought you'd just been playing a lot of very difficult games lately. O.o   
Not sure why PC still means Player Character in my mind, it's been a long time since I've played any PnP games and even longer since I've played any MUDs...   

Glad you're enjoying your beastly computer!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
B
« Reply #181536 on: May 09, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »

This is kind of a happy/what the hell thing.

So I'm on the bus, coming back to my dorm after classes. I'm on my phone which is, due to me being a cheap bastard, is a $22 brick that can basically only text and call.

So I finish a call with a friend of mine, and they're this Asian guy sitting next to me, probably a year or two older than I am. He takes a look at my phone and says "Dude, your phone sucks." Being used to hearing this sort of comment, I laugh and say "Yeah, pretty much."

The guy, after a couple of seconds of silence, starts rummaging around his bag, and I start daydreaming again. Then he taps me on the shoulder, and he's holding a smartphone out to me. "Take it," he says. "You probably need it more than I do."

I'm starting to think that this is some sort of joke, but this guy is completely serious. He insists that I take the phone. So I do.

I go back to my dorm, and check it because there's no way it's not stolen, right?

It's clean.

Holy shit.

So yeah, I got a free phone today. Damn
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

-snip-
While there's a culture of community in Asia in general, you should've gotten his contact details y'know :P
Unless...it happened just like you detailed it and you didn't say goodbye u_u

So yesterday I was ecstatic the whole day--something wholly 'new' ("despite" my vivid memory) as I haven't felt so happy in a long time--because I visited the review center I kinda won a discount [scholarship] in for the Psychometrician board exam later on. The person in the office I met at 8am was the one wherein a humorous coincidental thing happened the day before when we took a stock knowledge exam that came out of nowhere that was also made to be a scholarship exam o_O I got 3rd place.
At the office, it was a somewhat awkward first 3 minutes or so of meeting and greeting; she asked me if I was alright and that snowballed into talking about what had happened yesterday (due to the time, office hours meant it's partly okay to cover anything that occurred because it was emotionally heavy), and that carried over into a lot of personal things in a professional manner. Details made vague, it took until 10 quarter and ended with me being extremely happy at what had happened. :D Hooray community spirit.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: B
« Reply #181538 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:00 pm »

Not sure how you would even check that, but I'm sure you did your best.
Either way, that's a sick windfall.  I probably would have asked for his digits, but hey- maybe the less questions asked, the better.
And in the heat of the moment, we never act as we would in hypotheticals.
Congrats.
I do have two broken smartphones I keep meaning to repair, so it's not even that weird that someone would do a bit of repair and donate a perfectly good commlink, particularly with an upgrade at hand.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for my birthday.  We got stuck sitting in the 2nd row, and me sitting next to a hyper as fuck 5 year old.  So... it was super fucking hard to watch and enjoy.  But it was a good movie.

Also, I'd mentioned that Audioshield would be a legitimate workout with a set of wrist weights.  So my wife got me a pair. 

I told my parents I wanted a steam controller, floor to ceiling tension rods for lighthouse mounting, and some steam credit.  So I'll probably be getting that stuff tomorrow, and using it to set up a new Vive.  There was some kind of hardware failure on one of the lighthouses on the first one, but luckily it was the night before my 30-day no-questions-asked return period was up with the retailer.  So I was able to take it back and swap it in.

(I'm now 34)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: B
« Reply #181540 on: May 09, 2017, 10:44:55 pm »

Not sure how you would even check that, but I'm sure you did your best.
Either way, that's a sick windfall.  I probably would have asked for his digits, but hey- maybe the less questions asked, the better.
And in the heat of the moment, we never act as we would in hypotheticals.
Congrats.
I do have two broken smartphones I keep meaning to repair, so it's not even that weird that someone would do a bit of repair and donate a perfectly good commlink, particularly with an upgrade at hand.

I mean, at the time I was absolutely convinced that the phone was stolen. I've had people try to pawn stolen crap off on me a ton of times.

And while I did say thanks, I probably should have gotten his digits. Eh, chances are I'll run into him again tomorrow. Most studentss' schedules don't change that much from day to day.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Honestly if I had more money I'd give people free crap all the time. I always crigne when my friends talk about computer troubles and I just wish I could replace their toasters.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Honestly if I had more money I'd give people free crap all the time. I always crigne when my friends talk about computer troubles and I just wish I could replace their toasters.
You, invest your monies :3 When you're more able and with degrees or other such things, then you can help out dudes and your good friend'os. :3 Take care of yourself first so you can take care of others with the personal growth from taking care of yourself has let you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Well, it's just fantasy anyways because if I had money to give out I'd need to spend it on homeless people and stuffs first. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

We're really seizing the memes of punnuction in this thread

Fix'd.

Personal question: What's that statue depicted on your avatar, scriver? It reminds me of one cool headgear from Dark Souls.

Its a masterwork statuette of scriver in corn. All materials are of the finest quality. It menaces with spikes of kernel

On it is depicted a Demon Popcorn Cherubim. It is smiling and cackling.

But yeah, it's a creepy popcorn face. I found it in some clickbait "10 scary things that don't look like what they are ans/or random places" article I happened on some time back.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12101 12102 [12103] 12104 12105 ... 13326