Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12103 12104 [12105] 12106 12107 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15843852 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Yeah, as Twinwolf said it's out of 1600 now; they seem to change it every few years I guess because there's really no reason to make it easy right?

Related, I always have a 1420 on the SAT *highfive*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Wasting some time on Saltybets again since lastnight.  I was just the highest better on the underdog in the final round of a tournament, and they won \o/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Stopped at a burger joint for a quicm dose of heart attack. Ordered and paid for medium shake, got a large bc the waiter wasnt paying attention

Now im going to go see a movie
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I honestly feel like general donation like Bill Gates' charity just isn't effective. That's just pouring money down the drain and creating unnecessary hardship for people who have to manage them. If I was as rich as him I'd just pick random students and pay their tuition fees, or find a homeless person and buy them a house and get them a job, or I don't know, arrange for children to be adopted. I just really don't trust charity that just "help people", they need to offer me something concrete that my money's going towards.
It's more a different sort of thing. Those ones aren't meant to be visible to you on a daily basis, since they deal with basic stuff that isn't so much a problem in developed countries. And such efforts have got really good results worldwide:
https://ourworldindata.org/extreme-poverty/
https://ourworldindata.org/
There's a billion less people living in extreme poverty than 17 years ago. With the overall rate being about 1/3 of what it was then. If you're born today, you have half the chance of dying before age 5 that you did a mere 2 decades ago. 1 kid every minute and a half who isn't dying from respiratory diseases that would have in the year 2000. Like, just wander around that site, cause it's really neat. That's the sort of thing those big 'general' charities work towards.
I'm a believer in local charity.  If you're not rich give to a local food bank or such.
On a side note, do so in cash, rather than can donations or similar. They waste tons of time, money and effort sorting through donated cans, and end up tossing much of it simply because there's only so many pallets of creamed corn people can eat before they die of malnutrition. They can buy exactly what they need in bulk with cash, at cheaper volume prices than your old cans of corn. See also, this: http://thestarphoenix.com/storyline/column-stop-donating-canned-goods-to-food-drives-your-corned-mutton-castoffs-are-only-making-things-worse

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Also, regarding food banks, don't donate perishable items. Not because they don't last long, but because (if my local food bank is any indication) they are avoided like the plague.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I email myself a lot to remember things, especially while I'm at work since I don't like logging into my personal emails from not-home. I was scrolling through cleaning things up and I found an old one from a few months ago that I don't remember. All it says is:
disable autorun

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

How do you know it isn't an alien mastermind giving you instructions, then? You could be a sleeper unit who doesn't even realise it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I had a similar surprise a while ago, when my phone was not dead, and I had it pop notifications up for things I needed to do.

There's nothing like turning your phone on in the morning to have the word "Run" displayed on the screen.

LFMF, make reminders less terrifying if your brain is frequently sleep deprived.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Ahahahaha, now that made me laugh.

"Run"

*Snigger*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Sounds like something out of Deus Ex.

"Run."

"They are coming."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

"Future self, by now they will have removed the memories from your mind. I can tell you only this: they are coming for you. Run."
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I honestly feel like general donation like Bill Gates' charity just isn't effective. That's just pouring money down the drain and creating unnecessary hardship for people who have to manage them. If I was as rich as him I'd just pick random students and pay their tuition fees, or find a homeless person and buy them a house and get them a job, or I don't know, arrange for children to be adopted. I just really don't trust charity that just "help people", they need to offer me something concrete that my money's going towards.
that's exactly what I meant though, bruh.

the investment is just so that I don't run out, and can keep doing it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Received a service award from work today. That is, they pick one person in the store(of about 30-40 people) once every quarter(of the year so 4 a year) to receive this award.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

I was planning on lending one of my friends my copy of Ender's Game this morning because she wanted to read something sci-fi, but she was late so I decided to skim through the first chapter. I hadn't read it in a while and it's a good book, so why not?

Twelve hours later, she does not have the book and I'm a fifth through the sequel.

Whoops. This is why not. Fantastic book though :P
Pages: 1 ... 12103 12104 [12105] 12106 12107 ... 13326