Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11872 11873 [11874] 11875 11876 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805204 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178095 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:17 pm »

At which point things went distinctly...ah, unhappy for the Happy Thread.  No one said Yoink or other posters should stop drinking or that they were horrible people; in fact, what was originally brought up was that abstaining itself was horrifying.
I mean, maybe if you clicked "reply" right after he posted that and ignored everything posted after it.  :P
I apologize, but could you point me to where people explicitly suggested all others should not drink?  The closest I can find is a possible implication if one reads strongly into Sergarr's use of "mind-impairing drugs," but that was in direct reaction to Yoink stating that declining alcohol was itself horrifying, or Kabal suggesting that people who were congenital alcoholics declining alcohol was itself not horrifying, either (before also stating explicitly that they didn't care if anyone drank, so long as they didn't claim it was good for them, though they did state their dislike for it).  I do believe it's at least rather clear that I didn't "click 'reply' right after [Yoink]", though, especially as it's fairly clear the point I responded to was Harry's "simpler level" for Kabal, which I felt overgeneralized the matter.  It doesn't matter if it's alcohol, cigarettes, or NASCAR; it's fine in and of itself to not like something that other people around you happen to like. :P

EDIT:
Which, I should add, I wonder if it isn't Harry's actual opinion as well, that questionable statement aside.  After all, before the overgeneralization, he had limited himself to simply the virulent expression of that dislike.  The problem was simply that he stated that simply disliking something was enough to be a "fast track to exclusion" in addition to actually expressing that dislike on a constant basis.
I would like to respond to that, but unfortunately the only way to respond to such idiocy would also fall quite clearly outside the realm of "chill". :-\
I can tack up a lot of what people say as idiocy and people still bother to entertain it. The difference is that I know and have seen that alcohol has nearly no positives.
Seems pretty clear to me. Oh, but I suppose saying that some thing or behavior is basically terrible and that's an objective fact doesn't carry implicit condemnation of whatever it is. Passive-aggressive sniping isn't a thing, right? /s Cuts both ways, too; giving someone shit for not drinking is as obnoxious as giving them shit for drinking. Just about any statement of claimed objective truth which happens to condemn everyone who does/does not do the thing you don't like/like is going to draw animosity from people who do the thing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178096 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:12 pm »

Guys c'mon, this has been getting dragged on all day. Surely we can find something better to fill the happy thread with  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178097 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »

Sorry, I didn't really have much in the way of Happies to derail the derail with. :-\
I tried, though. Um, I guess playing Chroma Squad counts as a Happy? Yeah, let's go with that. Videogames are a happy.

Edit: Everything this band does makes me happy, and they are definitely keeping up the good work.
So very, very keen for their new album. Comes out next month. Hopefully I can manage to be in Melbourne for the launch show.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:30:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178098 on: November 18, 2016, 10:28:30 pm »

My happy is that I got some deliciously creepy textures for evil grass in my DF visualizer thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178099 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:01 pm »

Seems pretty clear to me. Oh, but I suppose saying that some thing or behavior is basically terrible and that's an objective fact doesn't carry implicit condemnation of whatever it is. Passive-aggressive sniping isn't a thing, right? /s Cuts both ways, too; giving someone shit for not drinking is as obnoxious as giving them shit for drinking. Just about any statement of claimed objective truth which happens to condemn everyone who does/does not do the thing you don't like/like is going to draw animosity from people who do the thing.
But the post I was responding to wasn't just...

No, Sirus is entirely right.  This is not Happy at all.  So let us be Happy.  So, happy: I'm quite enjoying Pokemon Moon as well.  Picked it up at the midnight release and I don't work tonight due to a lucky coincidence, so I've been enjoying it for a couple hours. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:51:25 pm by Culise »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178100 on: November 18, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

Gross.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #178101 on: November 19, 2016, 01:19:36 am »

There was a significant amount of brothers in one room, and I found myself smiling in such way that I had not in a long time. I am tired, but tonight I go to bed with my heart full.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178102 on: November 19, 2016, 02:11:03 am »

i've been thinking about this all god damn day it's just so cool

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #178103 on: November 19, 2016, 02:42:56 am »

i dont know whether this belongs in the happy or sad thread, so im gonna put it in both

finished watching gravity falls

normally sad media just makes my eyes well up, if its really sad, but only undertale (not the actual game, a fan-thing) has made me full-on cry before.

just full-on cried, with moaning, twice in the last episode. its really good

i highly recommend

the tears were both out of joy and sadness so thats why it goes in both threads
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178104 on: November 19, 2016, 03:52:45 am »

Ein, that's so dang pretty. Wow.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #178105 on: November 19, 2016, 03:56:45 am »

Wow I decide to use my browser for nothing but youtube for a bit because I'm honestly too depressed on average to bother reading other peoples posts anywhere and you guys go on for pages over bullshit aggressively? Wow.

First of all you're all idiots. With that out of the way remember to keep things fucking CALM. Okay? God damn.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178106 on: November 19, 2016, 04:00:07 am »

Ein, that's so dang pretty. Wow.

i'd love to visit some shipwrecks sometime

i've always been a slut for naval and nautical shit, so owning a boat and traveling around the world is a dream of mine, if a bit prohibitively expensive

while we're on the topic, paul allen's research team did a livestream of japanese battleship musashi's wreck, and it's also hauntingly beautiful

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178107 on: November 19, 2016, 04:20:06 am »

I knew a friend of a friend, who used to work as a ferry captain. One day, she sold all her things and bought a yacht to sail around from place to place, living on her ship and working odd jobs like a cool nautical vagabond. I don't think that's something I could do, but I really admired her for it.

But yeah, I love the water too. Worked at a diving shop once, and did a bit of free-diving and scuba stuff, though just at touristy reefs and such. If it wasn't stupidly dangerous, I'd love to do cave diving too. Or even deep-sea drone stuff. There's so much cool, unknown, and alien shit down there, and I want to see it.

Also, thanks for the vid. I'll have to check that out.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178108 on: November 19, 2016, 06:38:20 am »

You're all idiots. Do a smart thing.
Except we'd already kind of resolved and dropped it all on our own by that point, almost a page ago.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #178109 on: November 19, 2016, 07:02:33 am »

You're all idiots. Do a smart thing.
Except we'd already kind of resolved and dropped it all on our own by that point, almost a page ago.
It's not literal :P GC is concerned, and that's my happy.

That said, ein, do more of that naval stuff @_@ Or probably make a thread for it! I've always been interested in the wrecks of the sea and what goes on in the depths of our oceans (along with the myriad forms of life and how our shipwrecks became part of creating possible new ecosystem areas).

Also, thanks for the vid. I'll have to check that out.
I can't view the vid at the moment. :'(
Pages: 1 ... 11872 11873 [11874] 11875 11876 ... 13325