Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11755 11756 [11757] 11758 11759 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766607 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #176340 on: October 05, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »

MechCommander Omnitech dropped a Win8/10 compatible version back in May and I just noticed. Got myself an Enforcer, a Crab, and a Panther in my new campaign. Didn't quite have the funds to buy a Thug while it was available, but I'm saving up and waiting for a good salvage chance. Thankfully had the foresight to grab an ECM module when I could, stuck that right on the Crab with a PPC and a couple LLs. Such fun~.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176341 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:47 pm »

MONOLORD TONIGHT HELLL YESSS

GON' BE GREAT
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #176342 on: October 06, 2016, 03:16:27 am »

My arms feel like they've been half pulled out of their sockets, everything is stiff as hell and is always aching, and I feel weak.
But heck to it, it was refreshing coming back from a two week holiday of being a couch potato to doing a good 40 minutes of wrestling, I never remember just how good it feels to actually use my muscles sometimes.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176344 on: October 06, 2016, 11:49:56 am »

I started reading SCP again.  Some of them are so entertaining  :Phttp://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1171

I love the Document Recovered from the Marianas Trench.
Ohey you too? :D I liked reading those tiny bits c:
And reading some SCPs that aren't "HORROR HATE EVIL" as archetypes--those with reason to them than a scare factor alone. :O

Yeah I like the ones that aren't some variation on some dangerous thing that will kill you if you don't keep it locked up real well. The clockwork machine that transforms objects, the vending machine that can get you a cup of basically anything (this universe only), the wormhole where humanity accidentally released a genocidal plague to the aliens on the other side, etc.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176346 on: October 06, 2016, 12:04:50 pm »

I had to go buy washers/O-rings to shutter the house, and the first 3 stores I went to didn't have any in the right size. And then the last store we were going to go to had bags of 100 of exactly what we needed.

Then we went there again to buy a gas cooker that we saw, and we heard someone mention that there's no more washers left in stock.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176347 on: October 06, 2016, 12:37:55 pm »

Its the washer apocalypse. Their value increases by the minute.

I petted my puppy this morning. She was soggy. Apparently it was raining
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #176348 on: October 06, 2016, 01:30:45 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

They don't say shit like this anymore...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #176349 on: October 06, 2016, 02:10:20 pm »

I enjoy the fact that to advance in the dungeon I'm currently on in Wizardry 7 that I needed to release a giant ape. ... To get into a kings throneroom.

Somehow this makes sense I'm sure.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176350 on: October 06, 2016, 02:17:39 pm »

https://gfycat.com/GroundedShyAmericanbulldog

much improved UI
https://youtu.be/QY1Vetd7OCs

Hey

i was worried about the similarities to ATB but I figure that the system as a whole is different enough that it can't really be considered too similar... i mean, i figure i'm safe, but there's some obvious differences.

The most obvious is that Active Time Battle is a way of determining when units have their own turn; what they do during their turn might change the time requirements for the next turn, and any animations that play during their actions pause the global timer. This is different from my system in that the timers are always running except when the player does not have anything in their action queue, even if an action is being carried out by something; animations in my system will play out by having the action windup and wait code just sort of flip sprites around as certain time goals are met, and will not interrupt gameplay. This does not make the game more hectic; the "game pauses when player has action available" thing prevents that. But it is stressful, in a way; you're going to have to choose tradeoffs between time-to-action, time-after-action and resource loss for every single thing you do.

Basically, the only similarity's bars. There's no real concept of turn, except for the player. I can't say the player's timestop is a privilege compared to other units, either, when units don't have anything to do their AI function kicks in and they immediately do something else. Stopping time on the player's turn is just being fair.

(i'm liking this system i'm making because it basically makes my entire content creation workflow modding)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176351 on: October 06, 2016, 03:59:09 pm »

I was waiting with ten euros in my steam wallet for months. My patience has been rewarded. I have picked up Dark Souls for five euros!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176352 on: October 06, 2016, 04:42:07 pm »

I've never really been one for podcasts or shows based on tabletop campaigns, but I absolutely adore The Adventure Zone.

Long story short, the McElroys (of Monster Factory and Polygon fame, among other things) and their Dad get together and play the most creative and interesting Dungeons and Dragons campaign I've ever witnessed. The campaign and commentary alike are smart, funny, sad, sweet, rowdy, silly, and all around a lot of fun. If you've got a long drive, work to do that leaves your ears free, or just want to have a good time, I'd highly recommend giving it a listen.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176353 on: October 06, 2016, 06:05:46 pm »

Oh my god, I think my completely untrained attempt at reconciling people is working.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176354 on: October 06, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »

Oh my god, I think my completely untrained attempt at reconciling people is working.
Hopefully your attempt has more success (and less police attendance) than mine. <.<
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 11755 11756 [11757] 11758 11759 ... 13325