Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10611 10612 [10613] 10614 10615 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791138 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159180 on: June 17, 2015, 07:55:52 pm »

I think someone mentioned it in this thread before, but the Piratez mod for X-Com has really breathed life into it. It's great.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159183 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:29 pm »

I could hear literally nothing, but that didn't detract much.

Anyway, I got my laptop back today. They managed to get it to turn on, and only charged me half the price of the backup since they only completed half of it anyway. Which is honestly quite a relief.

I'm hoping nothing major crops up for a while, and my warranty isn't voided by neglecting to send it in. I'll have to call the manufacturer again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #159184 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:59 pm »

source 2 is born, and with it, custom games are reborn

i am going to mod the shit out of this game

Don't care much about DOTA 2, but news of a new Source engine makes my day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #159185 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:50 pm »

There's nothing quite like poking around at old code while listening to The Devil's Lab for like... 2 hours and counting now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159186 on: June 17, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »

Closing shift is pretty great. Besides trying to resist my urge to eat everything we throw out, I manage to get at least dinner from it at the minimum.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #159187 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:24 am »

Closing shift is pretty great. Besides trying to resist my urge to eat everything we throw out, I manage to get at least dinner from it at the minimum.

Word. It's the only reason I still work closing.

Another food-related happy: Mac and cheese. Add jalapenos and bacon bits. Drizzle some ranch on top. The heartburn is well worth it. :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159188 on: June 18, 2015, 12:32:07 am »

Oooh, mac and cheese is certainly tasty.
Used to be my all-time favourite food, now I eat it sparingly, what with all the heaviness and lactose involved. :P
Delicious, though. I seem to be posting about food a lot lately.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159189 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:43 am »

The really brilliant part is that so many people don't even bother with the bare minimum (or suck at life so much that their best efforts are still terrible) that just by being mediocre you will, paradoxically, be well above average. :V
That's probably a good sign that you should get more demanding job.
...unless you like to keep things boring.

I know it would drive me mad if I had to do the same routine every day without any challenge in it, so it I just can't understand why someone can consider it "good" thing.

When your life is already crowded with time-consuming and intellectually stimulating activities, work that you can do on autopilot is nice. In other words I want a fulfilling career eventually, but this is just stuff I do to pay for food, rent, grad school, &c.

No way man, the list of things I wouldn't do to get out of selling a third of almost every day doing a job that the robots are only slightly too stupid to take over is very short indeed. We have sleep for shutting off our brains.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:13:22 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #159190 on: June 18, 2015, 04:45:06 am »

Oooh, mac and cheese is certainly tasty.
Used to be my all-time favourite food, now I eat it sparingly, what with all the heaviness and lactose involved. :P
Delicious, though. I seem to be posting about food a lot lately.
Yer but foods cool. Delicious delicious food.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159191 on: June 18, 2015, 05:17:08 am »

* Yoink eats another pringle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #159192 on: June 18, 2015, 05:21:13 am »

So I decided I'd do at least the prolouge to The witcher before I went to sleep, to get a taste of it since it looked intresting and all and well Psychic housemates .V

And now I'm like, fuck. Now i wanna keep going.

But it's 5:20 am.

But I wanna see what's going on and stuff and see more stuff...

.... But it's 5:20...

Oh also Argonian suplexing Nord lumberjack into a cooking pot as retaliation for assassins. News never because everyone who knows about it is dead, including you. Really.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #159193 on: June 18, 2015, 10:37:18 am »

It's 3:30 a.m. and I don't want to go to sleep because I want to watch the sun rise tomorrow (even though it's pouring with rain) and if I go to sleep I won't wake up until afternoon.

Thought about... stuff. Came to some hesitant conclusions. I don't think I'm depressed any more. Typing random thoughts into Bay12 because maybe the poppy seeds were a bad idea.

Dunno if I feel anything about this. Can't tell if any chemicals are doing anything in my brain. Probably not.

Also can't really focus on anything. Maybe I need a break. Or maybe just some sleep.

Or maybe I'll see you all some other time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #159194 on: June 18, 2015, 10:48:33 am »

Unless you ate like a pound of poppy seeds they ain't doin shit other than tasting good, don't worry. It's probably all you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 10611 10612 [10613] 10614 10615 ... 13325