Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10211 10212 [10213] 10214 10215 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767757 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #153180 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:59 am »

I'm happy that it is currently winter, and will remain so for a little while at least. With any luck, it will be cloudy for the rest of the week.
Curse the sun, curse it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #153181 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:51 am »

I'm also happy whenever the sun is not around.

I've got so used to being bathed in excessive light all day since leaving the night shift over a year ago, that I don't even think to turn the lights out when I'm alone anymore.  A couple days ago I was feeling fucking awful... had this weird half brain fog / half headache thing going on and just couldn't into proper wakefulness.  Went to take a shower and it wasn't helping.  Then one of my kids randomly came in, turned the light off on me, and left.  I didn't bother to protest, and that turned out to be for the best.  Fucking amazing.  Cleared me up within a few minutes.  I really love being in the dark.  The sun is not a warm caress.  It's a photon flogging.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:59:43 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #153182 on: February 25, 2015, 02:09:03 am »

I boughtsded a Monster Hunter 4 to go with my new 3DS. I'm a happy guy right now.  :D

Seriously, it is the best game ever. EVER.

Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153183 on: February 25, 2015, 07:59:42 am »

I'm happy that it is currently winter, and will remain so for a little while at least. With any luck, it will be cloudy for the rest of the week.
Curse the sun, curse it
So is this because of sunblock, or are you just secretly an ice elemental?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153184 on: February 25, 2015, 08:32:08 am »

Curse the sun, curse it
Generally in the winter, cloudy weather is attributed to slightly warmer weather. Not sure if it's just the way the weather patterns work, if it's greenhouse effect, or a mix of the two?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #153185 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:10 am »

The best kind of dark is a room with the curtains closed on a very sunny day, imo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153186 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:18 am »

SNOW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
And yeah, lights off, curtains closed, curled in bed, bestday.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153187 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:31 am »

*MC hisses at the sun*

I keep blankets over all my windows.
I prefer pitch darkness, personally, but my wife has to sleep with some light, so I haven't been able to experience that in about a year.
Sigh.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #153188 on: February 25, 2015, 11:47:41 am »

Curse the sun, curse it
No.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #153189 on: February 25, 2015, 12:00:24 pm »

I like when it's sunny out; not so much if I have work, or am needed for a bunch of things, however. I mean, I like when the sun's out when I can actually enjoy it; not when I envy everyone else outside enjoying it, and lamenting being stuck inside doing annoying/boring crap.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153190 on: February 25, 2015, 12:00:50 pm »

Curse the sun, curse it
No.
Vampire Werewolf?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #153191 on: February 25, 2015, 12:15:59 pm »

So today they introduced us to Adobe Illustrator in computer technology class. It has the function that captures the outlines of the raster images and forms vector lines along them generating anchor points when needed. That's awesome.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153192 on: February 25, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »

Curse the sun, curse it
Generally in the winter, cloudy weather is attributed to slightly warmer weather. Not sure if it's just the way the weather patterns work, if it's greenhouse effect, or a mix of the two?
During the day clear skies tend to be warmer, at night cloudy ones.

The former because more IR radiation reaches the ground, the latter because the clouds almost act like a blanket.

That's what I was told happens.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153193 on: February 25, 2015, 01:07:27 pm »

XML is easy, fun to write in and serves a good way to organize things when it comes to me working on my book. At least that's what it feels like at the moment.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153194 on: February 25, 2015, 01:20:00 pm »

Hair cuts are great. You live in California so you may never get this opportunity, Vector, but if you're ever somewhere with a reasonable temperature you should try going outside with wet hair so that it freezes. I imagine it would only lead to nightmares with long hair, but when it's nice and short, it's most refreshing.

Getting thousands of dollars in back-pay is also good. Almost as good as haircuts.
Yeah, no.

As someone who, like MZ, lives in American Siberia, I can attest that frozen hair is not particularly pleasant.

It has a nice feel to the touch, but it's fucking cold and when you go inside again the ice melts and your hair is wet again where it should have dried already.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 10211 10212 [10213] 10214 10215 ... 13325