Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10212 10213 [10214] 10215 10216 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766339 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #153195 on: February 25, 2015, 01:40:21 pm »

I too live in a frozen wasteland, and though my hair rarely freezes (I wear a hat) my beard does almost every time I leave the house in the winter.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #153196 on: February 25, 2015, 01:46:00 pm »

Living in a scorching wasteland, I watch with horror as you people suggest covering the windows with blankets. That would result in you roasting inside your home.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153197 on: February 25, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »

I too live in a frozen wasteland, and though my hair rarely freezes (I wear a hat) my beard does almost every time I leave the house in the winter.

We need beard cozies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153198 on: February 25, 2015, 02:31:56 pm »

We need beard cozies.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153199 on: February 25, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

Living in a scorching wasteland, I watch with horror as you people suggest covering the windows with blankets. That would result in you roasting inside your home.
I suppose if you soaked the blankets in water, it'd be an effective means of starting a blanket fire.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #153200 on: February 25, 2015, 02:59:57 pm »

So today they introduced us to Adobe Illustrator in computer technology class. It has the function that captures the outlines of the raster images and forms vector lines along them generating anchor points when needed. That's awesome.
Yeah, it's been around since CS2; but it gets pretty tricky when you want a clean output. I recommend you put in a high resolution image (300dpi minimum; 72dpi yields pretty messy results) for best results in conversion (and further clean it up, and up the contrast/brightness settings in Photoshop as well for much cleaner lines). Plus, it doesn't hurt to manually trace. Personally, manually doing the job yields better results, unless you have halftones to worry about. Those are just a hassle to deal with, and probably the only real time I use auto-trace.

But if you hand-draw most of your work to begin with anyway, this is a handy function to clean things up; the rest is refining the lines, and then doing whatever with the rest of it. Kinda sucks that I lose most of my conversion to vector work to people that solely rely on this feature though. On the plus side, you get what you pay for (usually charges 5-10 bucks, or need tons converted for a pittance (.25-2 bucks per image out of 200+ (surprisingly complex for the price) images requested done)). But still...

EDIT:
There have been the occasional job post that demands manual tracing only. Never saw the average application amounts drop so low because of that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:06:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #153201 on: February 25, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »

Went in to my (new) regular doctor for a second opinion on the side pain. He's pretty cool, turns out. Also, he diagnoses is as a colon spasm, rather than muscle spasm, which seems more likely to me. In any case, looks like it's probably not a kidney problem (which I'd feared). Also, turns out I have really good cholesterol scores, which is nice. Got yet another med to take, but we'll see how this turns out. Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight.

So today they introduced us to Adobe Illustrator in computer technology class. It has the function that captures the outlines of the raster images and forms vector lines along them generating anchor points when needed. That's awesome.
Adobe Illustrator is one of my favorite things.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #153202 on: February 25, 2015, 04:25:34 pm »

Y... You can do that? This changes everything! Or at least it will if I ever find myself with a project where it's relevant again. Manually tracing them in GIMP is all I know.

EDIT: That feeling when you're asked to research a security vulnerability you already know about because somebody on Bay12 mentioned it ages ago.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:23:46 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #153203 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:48 pm »

The DHS might get shut down due to lack of funding :)

EDIT:
If they had to cut something I'm glad it was that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:22:52 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153204 on: February 25, 2015, 07:00:21 pm »

Department of Homeland Security?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #153205 on: February 25, 2015, 07:23:52 pm »

Department of Homeland Security?

Yes. And only temporarily. But if they had to cut something I'm glad it was that. They're finally getting their priorities in order.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #153206 on: February 25, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »

It isn't really due to lack of funding, it's more than the republican party decided they would try negotiating by threatening an agency which the democratic party is lukewarm on, at best. The agency is pretty much a giant waste of money and hasn't actually accomplished anything since it was created, so it will be rather sad when republicans realize that you don't take hostages by pointing the gun at yourself and pass the funding bill.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #153207 on: February 25, 2015, 10:34:58 pm »

you don't take hostages by pointing the gun at yourself
Why didn't somebody tell me that before I robbed all those banks? Would've been real helpful.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153208 on: February 25, 2015, 10:45:08 pm »

you don't take hostages by pointing the gun at yourself

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153209 on: February 25, 2015, 10:55:30 pm »

Re-charged mah phone.
Man, it'll be nice having a computer again, I used to rarely ever run out of credit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10212 10213 [10214] 10215 10216 ... 13325