Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8175 8176 [8177] 8178 8179 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771837 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122640 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13:20 pm »

* Descan cries.

; - ;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122641 on: February 25, 2014, 12:16:32 pm »

so adorable

It's ok, in college that was my ... last or second-to-last math class and I unfortunately don't remember it well. As far as I can tell f is a thing you plug in, like a constant into a variable, but in this case it's a formula compacted into one character. So I guess I'm wrong too?

Please enlighten!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122642 on: February 25, 2014, 12:18:53 pm »

Now that I read that beer has a surprising amount of estrogen I wonder if that had anything to do with just how MUCH I filled out.

Please Elaborate~

Please don't hurt me.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122643 on: February 25, 2014, 01:06:01 pm »

It's ok, in college that was my ... last or second-to-last math class and I unfortunately don't remember it well. As far as I can tell f is a thing you plug in, like a constant into a variable, but in this case it's a formula compacted into one character. So I guess I'm wrong too?
Ding.

Unless my math teacher has been teaching us wrong, in which case not ding.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #122644 on: February 25, 2014, 01:09:00 pm »

I have learned that a replacement coat will cost me $80. It's steep, but even I have to admit that, occasionally, style is worth it. And what is style if not an insulated lab coat for cold weather?

Insulated lab coat? That's awesome! I have three regular ones, all of which are a result of me being a dumbass in various interesting ways, but going out in them during the winter would be suicidal.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122645 on: February 25, 2014, 01:13:25 pm »

Lab coat = instant Halloween costume.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #122646 on: February 25, 2014, 01:15:44 pm »

I was under the impression that a function was something that mapped values from one set into another (put another way, given some kind of input you get some kind of output, but not necessarily that given any input you get some kind of output or vice versa) but I'm not really sure. I will wait for one of the resident smart people to explain the truthening.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #122647 on: February 25, 2014, 01:29:46 pm »

Insulated lab coat? Now I want one. T'would fit excellently with the rest of my collection of large coats.

Although, I've got this one London Fog trench that's supposed to be the same size as one I wear regularly, except that this one has sleeves that are like a foot and a half wide and the rest of it goes to my ankles lengthwise. Sizes, how do they work?

I bought a new wool coat this Sunday. It was 50% off and it still costed around 180$, but it looks great and is made from 80% wool. Oh, and it's less fuzzy that my other two coats, so it picks up less lint.

Although it's mixed happy and sad, since I mostly bought it due to the need to retire my very first coat I've ever had, which I picked up at a thrift store for ten bucks, fit perfectly, and served loyally for four years of use in Autumn, Winter and Spring. ;_;
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122648 on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

Insulated lab coat? Now I want one. T'would fit excellently with the rest of my collection of large coats.

Although, I've got this one London Fog trench that's supposed to be the same size as one I wear regularly, except that this one has sleeves that are like a foot and a half wide and the rest of it goes to my ankles lengthwise. Sizes, how do they work?

I bought a new wool coat this Sunday. It was 50% off and it still costed around 180$, but it looks great and is made from 80% wool. Oh, and it's less fuzzy that my other two coats, so it picks up less lint.

Although it's mixed happy and sad, since I mostly bought it due to the need to retire my very first coat I've ever had, which I picked up at a thrift store for ten bucks, fit perfectly, and served loyally for four years of use in Autumn, Winter and Spring. ;_;
It deserves a Viking burial at sea.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122649 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:45 pm »

That all the shit going down in Ukraine was resolved well, much better then I was really expecting (or even hoping) it to. Its not completely finished (still got to oust the old guard and such), but its a damn sight better then it was a week ago.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #122650 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »

It's the bestest (and slightly tragic) thing to find a collection of coats at a thrift shop in the style you're looking for, and you discover that they were dry-cleaned prior to being put on the racks. I don't know if some gaffer out there just forgot to pick up his nice coats, if the dry cleaner went out of business, or what happened, but they're clean and they're miiiine.

Ah, I love thrifting.

Damn, that's lucky of you.

Two more of mine were thrifted, but they aren't quite as perfect as the one that is on its deathbed. There's another wool one, a bit warmer (as in decent-for-minus-20-Celsius-with-a-thick-turtleneck warm) but scratchy, and a light one made of mostly polyester with some cotton and very simple-looking (its pockets aren't sewn up from the top, so you can use the pockets from inside if it's unbuttoned), and it has a lapel over the buttons, so it has basically nothing visually interesting if it's buttoned, but it does the job.

Also, an inherited-slash-donated (as in, the original owner is fine) leather trenchcoat.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122651 on: February 25, 2014, 02:03:17 pm »

Haha~ Today I can finally say, the madness of months past can be considered dealt with!

Take a seat, ladies and gentlemen, for tonight we party! and by such party, a strawberry shortcake, bottle of wine and various forms of electronic entertainment are described ^^ You're still invited, though! Bring your own Ethernet cable!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122652 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

HOLY SHIIIIIIIT GOOOODZILLAAAAAAA YOU GUUUUUUUUUUYSSSS!!!!!!

Also Bryan Fucking Cranston, god damn I love that guy :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122653 on: February 25, 2014, 02:59:21 pm »

Walter in the Middle
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #122654 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:56 pm »

I hear diet can also be a factor, if you are interested... I'm not a doctor, so take this with a truckload of salt, but you might want to look into eating less red meat and more soy.

Soybeans do carry a lot if estrogens in them. Other sources are nuts and oilseeds (like flax and sesame), yams, white meat, and...beer.

I doubt beer alone has a significant effect. I practically live on that stuff and my chest is as flat as...a very flat chest. Might impact your untelligence though.
Now that I read that beer has a surprising amount of estrogen I wonder if that had anything to do with just how MUCH I filled out.

Few of these things have a significant effect. I don't think normal consumption of them will affect your secondary sexual characteristics in any noticeable way.

Most of the proponents of phytoestrogen awareness are angry bigots who think soy is turning their sons gay. That should tell you enough about the science behind this.
Pages: 1 ... 8175 8176 [8177] 8178 8179 ... 13325