Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8177 8178 [8179] 8180 8181 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766616 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122670 on: February 25, 2014, 07:21:31 pm »

Oh my shit I want everything that he touches with a brush.

Those paintings are as artistic as any art. Just because it's not a lady in a do-rag holding a bottle in a brown room doesn't mean it's not art.

EDIT: Oh man the one about 2/3 down the page with the dinosaurs on the road, I imagine the guy in the truck is just laying on the horn, like "Damn dinosaurs! Get out of the waaay!" All waving his other hand and beeping.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122671 on: February 25, 2014, 07:28:02 pm »

Quote from: XKCD: What If
The equation in question—which might be my favorite in all of physics—the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation:
. . .
This equation comes up a lot in What If calculations. I like it both because it says something fundamental about our ability to explore the universe, and because you can use it to get really good at Kerbal Space Program.
Yes Randall, just... yessss.
(this an equation I know explicitly because of KSP)

On a completely different note, I met someone really cool at college today. They're an aspiring computer programmer, who's named after a character of myth and legend, they enjoy old Id software shooters (and in fact loves playing around making Doom maps), plays the flute, and probably has something like a billion other reasons why they're awesome that I don't know about.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122672 on: February 25, 2014, 07:30:04 pm »

If I could draw like Trampier I would draw like crazy at all times. I guess I could learn to draw like Trampier if I worked hard enough at it. Does it mean I would love it enough to get good at it? Have I just never allocated enough time to it? I used to draw but it was always a side thing and I didn't do very much and it wasn't that good - about what I would expect given the circumstances.

EDIT: Pnx is this person named Isis or Athena?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122673 on: February 25, 2014, 07:34:26 pm »

I'm not giving it away, but I'll say it's not Greek, Roman, or Egyptian in origin, and the specific myth/legend doesn't date from antiquity.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122674 on: February 25, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »

Cthulhu?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122675 on: February 25, 2014, 08:13:39 pm »

I'm not giving it away, but I'll say it's not Greek, Roman, or Egyptian in origin, and the specific myth/legend doesn't date from antiquity.
Brontosaurus?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122676 on: February 25, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »

Vivec?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122677 on: February 25, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »

Brontosaurus?

If I ever have a stupendously fat son, this will be his middle name.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122678 on: February 25, 2014, 09:17:02 pm »

Brontosaurus?

If I ever have a stupendously fat son, this will be his middle name.

How will you know he's going to be fat? You need a little foresight to name him thusly, unless he is BORN overweight. Is that possible?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122679 on: February 25, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »

You could have him genetically enhanced to be fat.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122680 on: February 25, 2014, 09:21:29 pm »

I was taking him overly literal anyways. I don't actually think he'll do it. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122681 on: February 25, 2014, 09:28:46 pm »

Slenderman Gandalf?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #122682 on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:51 pm »

Digital was not bad. I've purchased the Hateful Days thing in preparation for having more time for such things.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #122683 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:18 pm »

I've killed over 1000 things in DF.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122684 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:41 pm »

I was under the impression that a function was something that mapped values from one set into another (put another way, given some kind of input you get some kind of output, but not necessarily that given any input you get some kind of output or vice versa) but I'm not really sure. I will wait for one of the resident smart people to explain the truthening.

Let A and B be sets.  We will write the cross-product A x B to denote the set of all ordered pairs, (a, b) such that a is in A and b is in B.

Then a function f is a subset of A x B such that if (x, y) and (x, z) are in f, y = z.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8177 8178 [8179] 8180 8181 ... 13325