Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7856 7857 [7858] 7859 7860 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745172 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117855 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:31 pm »

But there will be OTHER old people, random old people, who you could go up and say things like that to.

My point stands.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117856 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:27 pm »

Today marks 20 years since Doom first hit store shelves.
And people still play and mod it. I'm fairly certain Doom is going to be considered a historical classic when video games become fully established in society.
They're not already?
I'll consider it so when it's common among old people, and thus existent at all levels of society. At the moment we're around mid-40's entrenchment.
Do casual/facebook games count? The amount of elderly casual gamers is legion.
Those are less games and more skinner boxes.
My grandpa sometimes plays Mario Kart.

My mother and father both play and enjoy the open world Bethesda games (age 44 and 41 respectively). My grandmother enjoys playing Tekken 3 with me whenever she's around, on my ancient PSX.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #117857 on: December 11, 2013, 12:14:29 am »

Today marks 20 years since Doom first hit store shelves.
And people still play and mod it. I'm fairly certain Doom is going to be considered a historical classic when video games become fully established in society.
They're not already?
I'll consider it so when it's common among old people, and thus existent at all levels of society. At the moment we're around mid-40's entrenchment.
Do casual/facebook games count? The amount of elderly casual gamers is legion.
Those are less games and more skinner boxes.
I have to admit I had trouble following this conversation as I confused you two. "Why is MSH talking to himself" was actually my first thought.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117858 on: December 11, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

Good question. Why is he talking to himself?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117859 on: December 11, 2013, 12:23:45 am »

Timeclones, that's why.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117860 on: December 11, 2013, 12:45:24 am »

Now what I'm wondering, are you time-clones from the same time stream? Will the past-person be the person who replies to himself in the future, or is the very fact that you are interacting mean you are fundamentally different people, and the future-person was not actually the past-person, and the past-person will not become the future-person any more?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117861 on: December 11, 2013, 12:56:21 am »

Sister got engaged last night!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117862 on: December 11, 2013, 12:57:14 am »

Probably to Japa.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #117863 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:36 am »

I made it to the City of Gold after like four years and probably over 5000 plays of Spelunky.  Then I died to a spider while fighting Olmec.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117864 on: December 11, 2013, 01:42:36 am »

Vivek, is that you?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117865 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:47 am »

Now what I'm wondering, are you time-clones from the same time stream? Will the past-person be the person who replies to himself in the future, or is the very fact that you are interacting mean you are fundamentally different people, and the future-person was not actually the past-person, and the past-person will not become the future-person any more?
We once had the answer to that, but then concussions happened, so now we don't.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117867 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:15 am »

Oh my.

This is hilarious. Basically, user takes position that future Elder Scrolls games not having something that shows that either the Empire or Stormcloaks won decisively in the civil war is "lazy writing". A fairly well-known writer who writes interactive fiction and has a bit of experience in Elder Scrolls lore writing (I.E he invented the Thalmor, wrote the 36 Sermons of Vivec, wrote Knights of the Nine and influenced Skyrim's backstory heavily), tells this user to get off their high horse, stop being rude etc.

The user replies with this:

An anonymous internet poster  says something and "means it" and that is supposed to impress me somehow.

Zehahahaha.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #117868 on: December 11, 2013, 03:03:13 am »

Vivek, is that you?
So that IS a common Indian name. I had a colleague called Vivek and I really had to restrain myself not to call him Lord Vivec every time...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #117869 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:53 am »

Oh my.

This is hilarious. Basically, user takes position that future Elder Scrolls games not having something that shows that either the Empire or Stormcloaks won decisively in the civil war is "lazy writing". A fairly well-known writer who writes interactive fiction and has a bit of experience in Elder Scrolls lore writing (I.E he invented the Thalmor, wrote the 36 Sermons of Vivec, wrote Knights of the Nine and influenced Skyrim's backstory heavily), tells this user to get off their high horse, stop being rude etc.

The user replies with this:

An anonymous internet poster  says something and "means it" and that is supposed to impress me somehow.

Zehahahaha.
Ehehehehehe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7856 7857 [7858] 7859 7860 ... 13325