Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7855 7856 [7857] 7858 7859 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746545 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117840 on: December 10, 2013, 10:13:32 pm »

I am not that excited about Starbound. It really just doesn't seem that amazing to me. o.O
Me either. Seems like Terraria with a space theme.
It's not.
Even if it turns out to be so, Wolfeyez and I finished Terraria together, and we needed something new to play. This fits the bill.

The beta more or less is Terraria IN SPESS. Except with randomly generated monsters. But the finished product is going to be more of a true sandbox RPG, with main quests, sidequests, lots of lore all over, tons of randomly generated settlements and terrain features (which are already in to a certain extent). Oh, and you will be able to catch and train mobs (who will eventually have actual "evolution" paths). That last one is exactly what it sounds like.

As it stands, there's already a mod to let you make your own spaceship. I've seen a flying castle and a prisonship so far.

Floran issss building sssship in assssteroid.

Is there a B12 server/topic on this beautiful game? I've been looking for folks to play with.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117841 on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »

I am not that excited about Starbound. It really just doesn't seem that amazing to me. o.O
Me either. Seems like Terraria with a space theme.
It's not.
Even if it turns out to be so, Wolfeyez and I finished Terraria together, and we needed something new to play. This fits the bill.

The beta more or less is Terraria IN SPESS. Except with randomly generated monsters. But the finished product is going to be more of a true sandbox RPG, with main quests, sidequests, lots of lore all over, tons of randomly generated settlements and terrain features (which are already in to a certain extent). Oh, and you will be able to catch and train mobs (who will eventually have actual "evolution" paths). That last one is exactly what it sounds like.

As it stands, there's already a mod to let you make your own spaceship. I've seen a flying castle and a prisonship so far.

Floran issss building sssship in assssteroid.

Is there a B12 server/topic on this beautiful game? I've been looking for folks to play with.
Yup.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117842 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:04 pm »

Today marks 20 years since Doom first hit store shelves.
And people still play and mod it. I'm fairly certain Doom is going to be considered a historical classic when video games become fully established in society.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #117843 on: December 10, 2013, 10:24:02 pm »

...And then the gates of Hell have opened across all corners of the Earth. Just as Carmack planned.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117844 on: December 10, 2013, 10:35:30 pm »

And people still play and mod it. I'm fairly certain Doom is going to be considered a historical classic when video games become fully established in society.
They're not already?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117845 on: December 10, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »

They're not already?
I'll consider it so when it's common among old people, and thus existent at all levels of society. At the moment we're around mid-40's entrenchment.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117846 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »

They're not already?
I'll consider it so when it's common among old people, and thus existent at all levels of society. At the moment we're around mid-40's entrenchment.
Do casual/facebook games count? The amount of elderly casual gamers is legion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117847 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:41 pm »

They're not already?
Those are less games and more skinner boxes.
No Gods, No Masters.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117848 on: December 10, 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

They're not already?
Those are less games and more skinner boxes.
My grandpa sometimes plays Mario Kart.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117849 on: December 10, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

When you can go up to a random old person and say "Ah, Doom. Such a classic," the way you can with, say, the Mona Lisa or the Cistine Chapel, THEN it'll be fully penetrative.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117850 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28:36 pm »

Here's the thing: those old people saying Doom was a classic? They're us. Old people won't spontaneously emerge; we'll become them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117851 on: December 10, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »

Here's the thing: those old people saying Doom was a classic? They're us. Old people won't spontaneously emerge; we'll become them.

Oh God. Is that really where old people come from?

No, I don't wanna grow old! Is that what that ringing noise is, me growing old?

No wait, that's just tinnitus.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117852 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:28 pm »

I am now engaged to the girl of my dreams.

Spoiler: Feels (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117853 on: December 10, 2013, 11:38:45 pm »

I know that feeling.

Congrats :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117854 on: December 10, 2013, 11:45:22 pm »

I know that feeling.

Congrats :D
Ditto. And ditto.

Pages: 1 ... 7855 7856 [7857] 7858 7859 ... 13325