Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7854 7855 [7856] 7857 7858 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15747812 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117825 on: December 10, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

That's poor form, ol' Xant.

* Descan munches on a baby seal.
Eek!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117826 on: December 10, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

Managed to squeeze the price of building my server down to 600USD by abandoning my idea of using ECC memory.

Now if only the cubietruck had two sata ports I could have gone down to 300USD.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Someone ate the burrito factory. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #117827 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47:56 pm »

Image-to-music converter. Get yourself an ABC to MIDI translator, a Perl interpreter, and GIMP, then grab this and go paint some music.
Woo!
Testing it out tonight [~6 hours] on all my art :P
Will try to..PM results?
..I think I've too high expectations for it. Bleh. Still I like love the idea.
Should we open a thread for this? I want to see someone do the Mona Lisa...
The Mona Lisa would be the only thing you'd see, but you'd hear a pretty accurate rendition of a dozen symphony orchestras simultaneously falling down the stairs.
Sigged.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117828 on: December 10, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »

You can do the reverse thing in a way trough Alchemy, which has this really cool brush that uses sound to modify it's settings.

Happy of the day, well tommorrow I should be ordering my new tablet, as a nice little birthday treat, and on a slightly long term note, next year looks to have even more awesome movies coming out. Mainly Jupiter Rising, the next thing from the Wachowskis, and if it's as half as awesome as Cloud Atlas was, it's gonna be freaking amazing movie.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117829 on: December 10, 2013, 05:17:00 pm »

Happy of the day: I got Starbound.

Related unhappy: My dog knocked my laptop off the couch, so the LED cable is shot and the battery won't hold a charge.
It's a reeally long lasting battery though.
Black lives matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117830 on: December 10, 2013, 06:21:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
hahahahaha
Obamas just want to have fun

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117831 on: December 10, 2013, 06:46:00 pm »

I'm buying Starbound. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117832 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:00 pm »

I have starbound now.  Downside is I don't intend to play it much until after finals are done.  Alas.

Upside, I'm actually pretty confident this semester.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #117833 on: December 10, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »

Finished my final final nearly an hour early.  Semester: complete.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117834 on: December 10, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

I am not that excited about Starbound. It really just doesn't seem that amazing to me. o.O

I AM excited about talking to a person. And I got smiled at by an attractive woman today. So. That's good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117835 on: December 10, 2013, 07:30:08 pm »

I am not that excited about Starbound. It really just doesn't seem that amazing to me. o.O
Me either. Seems like Terraria with a space theme.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117836 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »

It's not.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117837 on: December 10, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »

It's not.
Even if it turns out to be so, Wolfeyez and I finished Terraria together, and we needed something new to play. This fits the bill.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117838 on: December 10, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »

It's not.
Even if it turns out to be so, Wolfeyez and I finished Terraria together, and we needed something new to play. This fits the bill.

The beta more or less is Terraria IN SPESS. Except with randomly generated monsters. But the finished product is going to be more of a true sandbox RPG, with main quests, sidequests, lots of lore all over, tons of randomly generated settlements and terrain features (which are already in to a certain extent). Oh, and you will be able to catch and train mobs (who will eventually have actual "evolution" paths). That last one is exactly what it sounds like.

As it stands, there's already a mod to let you make your own spaceship. I've seen a flying castle and a prisonship so far.

Floran issss building sssship in assssteroid.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117839 on: December 10, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

Today marks 20 years since Doom first hit store shelves.
Pages: 1 ... 7854 7855 [7856] 7857 7858 ... 13325