Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7798 7799 [7800] 7801 7802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786244 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Bleh, too much silly syfy-esque 'modification' talk. You can already do more than that, and for under $100.
http://exoticlenses.com/store/cosmetic-contact-lenses.html

I mean, come ON. Genetic modification? Hells naw, just buy cosmetic wearable tech. Seriously, that's like saying you should change your look by getting genetic modification to change the skin color on your torso and legs instead of just changing the color of your shirt and pants. Or that instead of wearing lipstick, you should just get genetic modification to change the color of your lips.
You can, but there's an appeal in something you can't just take off.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I like it when this sort of thing happens. (yes, I know it's old)
This is awesome.
It is also likely fake.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

I like it when this sort of thing happens. (yes, I know it's old)
This is awesome.
It is also likely fake.
Yeah, probably. Daily Mail and all. Still awesome.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Bleh, too much silly syfy-esque 'modification' talk. You can already do more than that, and for under $100.
http://exoticlenses.com/store/cosmetic-contact-lenses.html

I mean, come ON. Genetic modification? Hells naw, just buy cosmetic wearable tech. Seriously, that's like saying you should change your look by getting genetic modification to change the skin color on your torso and legs instead of just changing the color of your shirt and pants. Or that instead of wearing lipstick, you should just get genetic modification to change the color of your lips.

Also: Genetic Modification Does Not Work That Way. Another also: it would be a very, very bad idea to allow a significant amount of people to change their genetic material in the exact same way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

...Why the shudder? Weren't you all about the body modding and stuff?
That was Descan IIRC.
I'm about transhumanism, not body modding. The latter community just happens to be a great help for the former right now.
My bad on that front.
I'm about transhumanism, but only as a means to an end.

That end being unending, wide-ranging, total and complete freedom to do literally anything you want.

Which, if you an immortal species with your brains in a secure location, space-faring and controlling avatars with radio/FTL-communication-ansible-doodads, is pretty freeing. :3

Also the social-oriented capitalism that I'm a fan of (I took 15 minutes outta my day to write down the basics of the kind of society I'd enjoy living in~ Was a facet.)

Body-modding is just another facet.

Besides, for sci-fi tropes re: body-modding, I'm more of a fan of programmable nano-machines to change your appearance on the fly. Who cares about genes? They're useless! USELESS I SAY.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:40:05 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I just got back from Thanksgiving with my extended family. I brought my laptop along so, after lunch I played Minecraft with my one cousin's  son (as in, I operated the controls, he pointed things out and asked questions and kinda directed me in what to do). It was nice, and kinda cute, 'cause did things like ask me not to hurt any animals (which I was able to avoid since I have a good stock of bread and watermelon) and to stop some animals from running into lava (I was unfortunately unable to save one pig from falling in, but I then blocked up the flow and created a step up for the other animals to escape the pit).

I also kinda gained some perspective on the part of LPers. A lot of people complain about them messing up all the time and making stupid mistakes, but as I found with my cousin's kid, if you play tactically and strategically, taking time to return to your base properly managing your inventory, you will lose your viewer's attention. And then they have to come up with interesting commentary on top of that. I'm not saying they're necessarily great at whatever game their playing, but playing for an audience is a lot harder than just playing by yourself.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

GF drove down at the crack of dawn to snuggle and make breakfast together. Then I spent the afternoon making 4 quarts of chicken pastry from scratch, along with turnip greens and cornbread.

fuck yo' turkey, we doing this thing Southern style

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RedKing, I didn't even recognize you with the bunny avatar :o

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Redking has an avatar? o.O

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I wanna have a thanksgiving with actually local foods. :I

* Descan waits for next year, when hopefully he has a dude to give thanks with.

* Descan and also muneh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Redking has an avatar? o.O
Hasn't he always? O_o;

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

must be hosted on img.ie, then, since I can't see it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

I reek of metal, coal, and smoke. I've got a good dozen new burns on my hands and arms. Feels fucking wonderful. Oh man, so fucking relaxing. Oh, and the burns aren't serious. Mostly from bits of scale landing on me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Sirus checks Image Info

....it is, actually. Why can't you see stuff from img.ie?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Indeed. Old and new.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 7798 7799 [7800] 7801 7802 ... 13325