Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7746 7747 [7748] 7749 7750 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778371 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116205 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:40 am »

Probably had the best night of my life last night. Most of it consisted of hanging out with my girlfriend and her friend, doing various things. Really all we did was stay up for 24+ hours (This includes the hours that we had already been up on Friday) at an all night church event they invited me to. Went ice skating for a couple hours before heading to a place called Elevation. It's basically a place full of trampolines. We stayed there for maybe another 3 hours before heading back to the church to watch movies and play various games. Even though I'm not a really big religious person, I still enjoyed myself.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116206 on: November 17, 2013, 12:26:04 am »

In another time, you'd probably be an explorer or cartographer.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116207 on: November 17, 2013, 12:28:20 am »

Cucumber Quest. Just... Cucumber Quest.

More examples of media need spontaneous opera/play arcs as part of their plot.
Ah, I need to catch up with that. It's quite adorable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116209 on: November 17, 2013, 12:29:28 am »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #116210 on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:03 am »

In another time, you'd probably be an explorer or cartographer.
No you'd probably be a peasant. But if you had a choice you'd be a cartographer.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116211 on: November 17, 2013, 12:49:24 am »

Alternatively the ability to memorize the landscape was pretty valuable for anybody that needed to go more than mile away from their village to work in a time before google maps.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116212 on: November 17, 2013, 01:55:40 am »

Oh man, I forgot how much I love sour warhead candy. My tongue is bleeding :D

EDIT: Closer inspection just reveals that it's a combination of visible surface damage, and the color of the candies. Probably not blood. Still wonderful.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:59:04 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116213 on: November 17, 2013, 02:08:47 am »

Oh man, I forgot how much I love sour warhead candy. My tongue is bleeding :D

I used to love warheads. I actually burned a circle on my tongue when I was younger because of those.

Apparently they come as gummy candies now, too. I tried some, but they aren't very sour.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116214 on: November 17, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

Yes, the gummies are an insult to the brand. That's why I was so overjoyed to find these things when I was out looking for something to buy so that I could get cash back in quarters, and do laundry therewith.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #116215 on: November 17, 2013, 06:20:40 am »

I wouldn't know how not to...

Middle A is middle A. Doesn't matter what string you play it on.

This is one good thing about using sheets, although it isn't that important for normal tuning. On the other hand, I cannot sight-read sheet for shit, no pun intended.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116216 on: November 17, 2013, 07:08:36 am »

Something to toss at those who go bah humbug.
Nope. Sorry, but, still bah humbug. Although, a song probably isn't going to change a distaste for the whole holiday system.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #116217 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:38 am »

I wouldn't know how not to...

Middle A is middle A. Doesn't matter what string you play it on.

This is one good thing about using sheets, although it isn't that important for normal tuning. On the other hand, I cannot sight-read sheet for shit, no pun intended.
Say, I've been playing piano for about four months now.. I can never remember what notes are what when I go to read my sheets, and I always need my tutor or my sister (who plays violin) to help me read it, and then usually I'm counting notes on the freaking staff just so I know where to put my fingers.

EDIT: It's starting to become a real hassle now that I've been wanting to play songs that don't have an unchanging hand position.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116218 on: November 17, 2013, 08:25:33 am »

Something to toss at those who go bah humbug.
Nope. Sorry, but, still bah humbug. Although, a song probably isn't going to change a distaste for the whole holiday system.

I am with you on that one. People buying shit for each other that they dont need with money they dont have for a fesitval that has lost touch with its religious or spiritual roots? Yea, no thanks.
This is a blank sig.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #116219 on: November 17, 2013, 09:08:35 am »

Got up this morning and went for a few hours walk through some local woodland. I had heard there was a cave in there and I wanted to find it. Turns out some badgers are using it as a latrine as there were loads of little pits full of droppings.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 7746 7747 [7748] 7749 7750 ... 13325