Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7736 7737 [7738] 7739 7740 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769229 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116055 on: November 14, 2013, 09:44:51 pm »

Well, they'd still have their own weapons. And I#m pretty sure I remember them having a coloured belt or sash or something.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116056 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »

Well, they'd still have their own weapons. And I#m pretty sure I remember them having a coloured belt or sash or something.
This, plus honestly, it's not like they were wearing the masks for purposes of obscuring their identity, I mean seriously, anybody that sees them is less likely to be focused on the face obscuring mask than they are on the fact that they're six foot tall anthropomorphic reptiles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116057 on: November 14, 2013, 10:03:12 pm »

With weapons.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #116058 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

You know I just thought about it and I had no idea I actually miss back when the ninja turtles were freaking everywhere.

Plus dammit that was like, the last time pudding pies were a thing. I miss vanilla pudding pies. Now it's just all this caked in sugar fruit crap.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #116059 on: November 14, 2013, 10:48:58 pm »

I just realized.

It the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did NOT wear masks, we wouldn't be able to tell who they are.
Actually... from what I recall, there's a number of the comics (particularly the later/(more involved/mature) ones) that had notable physical differences between the turtles. You could tell the four apart just by silhouette, and they were recognizable even without the colored accoutrements. Still looked fairly similar (they are, after all, supposed to be brothers), but they could be differentiated.

... particularly considering there's at least one set of comics out there where Raph loses an eye.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #116060 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »

Well, somehow I pulled myself out of my depression!
And ended up falling for a girl I know pretty well.
Let's see where this goes!
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116061 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »

For my part, I would have looked at the "Lawful Good".

Dad is obviously sleeping with his younger secretary and is an Outsider of some sort, judging by his fake smile. Mom is sleeping with some sort of minor eldritch horror, given her own rictus grin and soulless eyes. Son is being buggered by the priest and spends his days off skinning and torturing animals in the woods as preparation for what he will do to the congregation, hence the manic hair and toothy grin. Daughter has sold her soul to a demon and is currently possessed and planning unspeakable acts, going by the narrowed, shadowy eyes and sinister smirk. In a decade or so the possessed daughter and sociopathic son will have an incestual love-child to serve as the host for a dark god trapped outside of the universe, allowing it to enter the mortal realm and begin an unending reign of pain and suffering. Oh, and they're all secretly Nazis. Because that's definitely the worst part of it.
Or they're Americans. Americans smile too much.

As an American working in a customer service position, I can definitively say that no, no they don't. Americans all look grim and humorless until you smile at them, then they get all nervous looking. It's weird.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116062 on: November 14, 2013, 11:57:56 pm »

I just realized.

It the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did NOT wear masks, we wouldn't be able to tell who they are.
Actually... from what I recall, there's a number of the comics (particularly the later/(more involved/mature) ones) that had notable physical differences between the turtles. You could tell the four apart just by silhouette, and they were recognizable even without the colored accoutrements. Still looked fairly similar (they are, after all, supposed to be brothers), but they could be differentiated.

... particularly considering there's at least one set of comics out there where Raph loses an eye.

Actually, the original Eastman and Laird Ninja Turtles all had red bandannas. The color-coded thing came up after they were adapted as a cartoon for kids.

Er... needless to say, the tone was a bit different than the cartoons and live-action movies too.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116063 on: November 14, 2013, 11:59:49 pm »

Actually, the original Ninja Turtles all had red bandannas. The color-coded thing came up after they were adapted as a cartoon for kids.

Er... needless to say, the tone was a bit different than the cartoons and live-action movies too.
I've heard it was much gorier and darker. I imagin those couple panels are rather tame.

I wonder how one tells the turtles apart.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #116064 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:34 am »

Some of the later ones had some fairly hardcore scenes, too. I distinctly remember Raph having a nightmare in one of 'em where his skin and flesh got melted off by something along the lines of acid rain, leaving what was more or less a screaming turtle skeleton behind.

... it was pretty metal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116065 on: November 15, 2013, 12:11:09 am »

I've heard it was much gorier and darker. I imagin those couple panels are rather tame.

Honestly, from what I've seen of the 80's comics, they overdid the Gritty. The turtles kill people pretty regularly, Splinter dies from a painful and undignified heart attack, Raph's face gets half melted-off because he does something brash and stupid (complete with exposed eyeball and teeth ala TwoFace), they pall around with a fairly homicidal Rorschach-tier vigilante, among other things. Given that, I would say yes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116066 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:24 am »

I just got back from drinking with three professional mathematicians :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116067 on: November 15, 2013, 12:52:48 am »

I've got a couple issues of the old TMNT comics, and I can also confirm that they're pretty brutal.

(How I came across them is an entirely different story, related to a joke about my parents actually having named me after one of the Turtles.)

Oh hey, howsabout some terribly awkward anti-nostalgia?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116068 on: November 15, 2013, 01:44:59 am »

That movie killed my childhood why would you ever link that in this thread oh my gaaaawwwwd.

I just got back from drinking with three professional mathematicians :D

This could be fun times. Was it fun times?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #116069 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:39 am »

I've got a couple issues of the old TMNT comics, and I can also confirm that they're pretty brutal.

(How I came across them is an entirely different story, related to a joke about my parents actually having named me after one of the Turtles.)

What are you talking about, Ninja Rap is probably the best song Vanilla Ice ever sung (not that that says much).

Although I'm a little confused about why he decided to write and sing a song about ninja turtles in-universe.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 7736 7737 [7738] 7739 7740 ... 13325