Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7735 7736 [7737] 7738 7739 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768742 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116040 on: November 14, 2013, 02:30:45 pm »

While trying to burn up a slash pile, my brother decided it needed more fuel and tried to pour gas onto it. He managed to set the gas can he was holding on fire, and promptly tried to blow it out like a cartoon character. Then threw it the wrong way (away from the fire), and started bitching that nobody ran towards the flaming dumbass to help. He also set the hood of his jacket on fire. This was all quite hilarious, except to him. He's still pissed about it. But that's OK.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116041 on: November 14, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

...what board was that? Normally I'd assume stuff like that was from /pol/, but the fact that someone agreed with you makes me think otherwise.
Nah, if /pol/ made that it'd have world leaders or murderers in it. That's probably /b/. The only other suspect is if it was /tg/, but if it was /tg/ then the thread would have instantly been derailed by people arguing over the limitations of a system, and someone would have definitely refuted the humans being true neutral thing and a second argument about whether morality could exist where morality is also a tangible force in the universe would appear. And then someone would argue about what constitutes lawful good, and why it is the best alignment.

I pointed out that the alignment scheme that he was using was from Dungeons and Dragons and that humans were True Neutral. He resorted to ad hominem while another anon promptly called /thread as the racist anon shut up and began to think of better ways to express himself.
I don't want to rain on your triumph MM, but this was a minor victory, and incurred no thought on your opponent's end at all. You waste your time on those who can respond in seconds with an image macro and a slur or 7 to someone who isn't listening. What you should do is take your argument, develop it and create a new thread [on a good board to boot]. That gives you a wider audience more capable of discourse and is more productive than getting trolled by one person on the internet.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116042 on: November 14, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

I got a racist to shut up by using my knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons. Not certain how that worked but it did somehow.
What exactly did you say...?
Well some anon posted this image on an imageboard I go to and asked if people agreed with him.
I pointed out that the alignment scheme that he was using was from Dungeons and Dragons and that humans were True Neutral. He resorted to ad hominem while another anon promptly called /thread as the racist anon shut up and began to think of better ways to express himself.
If you want to get nitpicky, it's more anti-Semitic/-Islamic than racist. There are blacks and (Eskimos/Siberians, it's hard to tell) in the "good" section, and Jews and Arabs?, the former being most definitely white and the latter being included as such for census purposes, in the "evil".

You could make a case about racism comparing "good" and "neutral", though.

And maybe I'm racist, but I got a mild kick from the Indian call-center workers being true neutral. As in, they annoy everyone :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:19:48 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116043 on: November 14, 2013, 03:33:10 pm »

For my part, I would have looked at the "Lawful Good".

Dad is obviously sleeping with his younger secretary and is an Outsider of some sort, judging by his fake smile. Mom is sleeping with some sort of minor eldritch horror, given her own rictus grin and soulless eyes. Son is being buggered by the priest and spends his days off skinning and torturing animals in the woods as preparation for what he will do to the congregation, hence the manic hair and toothy grin. Daughter has sold her soul to a demon and is currently possessed and planning unspeakable acts, going by the narrowed, shadowy eyes and sinister smirk. In a decade or so the possessed daughter and sociopathic son will have an incestual love-child to serve as the host for a dark god trapped outside of the universe, allowing it to enter the mortal realm and begin an unending reign of pain and suffering. Oh, and they're all secretly Nazis. Because that's definitely the worst part of it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #116044 on: November 14, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »

So, why do you assume to focus of the chart is Race?

What if it's just
[Happy nuclear family] [Lesbians with a baby] [Guys hanging out]
[Young Professionals] [Phone Solicitors, tech support (or some other lame job that you do because you need the money.)] [Festival guys]
[Old guy in a suit (Probably a 1%er)] [Freedom Fighter (poster probably would have supported the British in the 1770's...)] [Mugshots of Occupy protesters]

Why do you assume roles based of the race of the people in the photos?

</trollmode>

yeah, the guy who made that image is a dick.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116045 on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »

In other news, Facebook account deleted. If my posts remain visible to others, then they will be greeted with an image of Beta Ray Bill describing my beliefs on morality, because that seems fitting somehow. I get the impression they won't be able to see it, which is a bit of a shame because it means I'll have to work up the courage again to admit to my (pretty religious) family that I don't share their faith. Still, one piece of a person I want to move past being is gone, and a datamining corporation very mildly inconvenienced, and that is cause for celebration.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #116046 on: November 14, 2013, 05:53:35 pm »

Dad is obviously sleeping with his younger secretary and is an Outsider of some sort, judging by his fake smile. Mom is sleeping with some sort of minor eldritch horror, given her own rictus grin and soulless eyes. Son is being buggered by the priest and spends his days off skinning and torturing animals in the woods as preparation for what he will do to the congregation, hence the manic hair and toothy grin. Daughter has sold her soul to a demon and is currently possessed and planning unspeakable acts, going by the narrowed, shadowy eyes and sinister smirk. In a decade or so the possessed daughter and sociopathic son will have an incestual love-child to serve as the host for a dark god trapped outside of the universe, allowing it to enter the mortal realm and begin an unending reign of pain and suffering. Oh, and they're all secretly Nazis. Because that's definitely the worst part of it.
Or they're Americans. Americans smile too much.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116047 on: November 14, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »

I got a racist to shut up by using my knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons. Not certain how that worked but it did somehow.
What exactly did you say...?
Well some anon posted this image on an imageboard I go to and asked if people agreed with him.
...what board was that? Normally I'd assume stuff like that was from /pol/, but the fact that someone agreed with you makes me think otherwise.
It was 4chan's /b/, which as of late seems to be more accepting of race, sexual orientation and disability than they have ever been. The new blood that keeps pouring in because of people violating rules 1 and 2, even if they are meant for just raids, seems to be balancing that board somewhat and making it a little more friendly. Downside is that people there no longer "fucking love cats" and instead we have shit like Doge. I blame /s4s/.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116048 on: November 14, 2013, 06:40:46 pm »

Downside is that people there no longer "fucking love cats" and instead we have shit like Doge. I blame /s4s/.

wow
                                                                      superior elitist
    very snob
                          top of nerd foodchain

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116049 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:15 pm »

I have never seen anyone smile like that, even for photos. Heck, I've never smiled with teeth in my life, and they're quite nice, even teeth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116050 on: November 14, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

Downside is that people there no longer "fucking love cats" and instead we have shit like Doge. I blame /s4s/.

wow
                                                                      superior elitist
    very snob
                          top of nerd foodchain

gb2 /s4s/

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116051 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:39 pm »

On the second circle of hell in Dante's Inferno: The teacher had just described it as "being eternally blown in a violent storm".
Then she said that being eternally blown fit the sin of lust quite well.  :P
I like her. Especially as she accepted I already read it. Still have to, but it's a good read.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116052 on: November 14, 2013, 09:03:31 pm »

Being eternally blown would likely kill a man about six to eight hours in at the earliest. But enough about unfathomable depths of fanaticism and depravity. I have a full pantry for the first time since moving into this apartment. It feels good to have food for a change, even if I know it will be gone by next Tuesday.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116053 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:31 pm »

You'd smile too if you lived in the bestest best country in the whole wide world: AMERICA!!!

*insert imagespam of patriotic stuff and eagles shedding single tears*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #116054 on: November 14, 2013, 09:43:35 pm »

I just realized.

It the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did NOT wear masks, we wouldn't be able to tell who they are.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 7735 7736 [7737] 7738 7739 ... 13325