Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7215 7216 [7217] 7218 7219 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752180 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108240 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:08 pm »

Chrono Trigger + Metal

I like both of these things, as well as the combination.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #108241 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »

I wrote a thing
http://pastebin.com/Em6198Dp
I guess it's pretty good.
Is that SCP-217 fanfiction I spy there? In any case, moar pleze.
Huh, I never thought of it being like the 217. But thats not what I was going for...
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #108242 on: June 27, 2013, 07:54:22 pm »

Got the CD of Anamanaguchi's Endless Fantasy I ordered off of Amazon. 22 tracks(!) totaling at 1 hour 15 minutes. Not bad for ten bucks USD.

Good album, considering otherwise I wouldn't have any of Anamanaguchi's music, and that would just be a shame.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108244 on: June 27, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »

Overly Honest Research Methods.

You're welcome.

I love my job.  I'll be teaching geometry for a month, specifically development of proof and establishing the connections between geometry and algebra.  The licensed teacher I'm co-teaching with basically said, after she heard a few of my suggestions: "I'm going to stand back and let you teach, and I'll give you feedback on how you're doing."

I'm making worksheets, thinking up exercises and the right way to do things, and I've gotten permission to give an art and architecture lesson when we cover the Pythagorean theorem, along with some work on sequences and series.  And every fucking worksheet is going to have extension questions on it to play with.  ALLLLL OF THEM.

No one is going to suffer for a dearth of mathematics in my class.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108245 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

What grade level?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108246 on: June 27, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »

Overly Honest Research Methods.

You're welcome.

I love my job.  I'll be teaching geometry for a month, specifically development of proof and establishing the connections between geometry and algebra.  The licensed teacher I'm co-teaching with basically said, after she heard a few of my suggestions: "I'm going to stand back and let you teach, and I'll give you feedback on how you're doing."

I'm making worksheets, thinking up exercises and the right way to do things, and I've gotten permission to give an art and architecture lesson when we cover the Pythagorean theorem, along with some work on sequences and series.  And every fucking worksheet is going to have extension questions on it to play with.  ALLLLL OF THEM.

That's frigging awesome. All of it.

Also I'm curious about what the art and architecture lesson is about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108247 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:39 pm »

High school freshmen.

Trust me, I'm teaching everything in a very, very concrete and easy-to-understand way.  However, because I'm not required to adhere to educational standards, I can throw out all of the vocabulary they don't need to learn (technical vocabulary no one EVER uses for anything outside of middle school and high school classes) and focus on concepts, problem-solving, and beauty.  If they see a word, that word will be attached to concepts somewhere.  If they're given a postulate, they'll be taught to imagine a world where that postulate wouldn't be true.  When we cover the Euclidean axioms, we'll be looking at stereographic projections and putting tape on a globe in the shape of a triangle, for which they'll measure the degrees of the angles and discover that they add up to something more than 180; we'll also find out that the earth is locally Euclidean.  When we cover sequences, we'll cover the golden rectangle and the Ancient Greek architecture.  We're going to learn Thales' theorem and how he figured out the earth was round with geometry, without needing to sail around and murder any native peoples.  Fuck low expectations!  I have love and scholarly passion!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108248 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:09 pm »

Got the CD of Anamanaguchi's Endless Fantasy I ordered off of Amazon. 22 tracks(!) totaling at 1 hour 15 minutes. Not bad for ten bucks USD.

Good album, considering otherwise I wouldn't have any of Anamanaguchi's music, and that would just be a shame.

Heck yes! I ought to get it too, given I have money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108249 on: June 27, 2013, 10:15:05 pm »

Dude, I am so happy to hear it's going well for you. Not only that, but you're apparently making some impressions. Awesome! Maybe once this is finished, the other teacher will...

I've gotten permission to give an art and architecture lesson when we cover the Pythagorean theorem

...oh. Oh my.

Just don't go pulling a Victor Hugo, dah? :I

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108250 on: June 27, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »

A friend's boyfriend is ok with me watching movies at their place and hanging out. Awesome. Sadly, lots of women ditch the gay friend when they find a boyfriend who doesn't like the gays. He's ... becoming more tolerant?

Then again, he could just like my cooking.

Him: "Care if I have the chicken in the fridge?"
Her: "Go ahead. Not saving it for anything."
[He has the chicken]
Him: "Great job on the chicken by the way. What's in it?"
Her: "Wasn't mine, my friend made it."
Him: "O yeah? Jenny?"
Her: "Nope."
Him: "Lisa?"
Her: "Nope."
Him: ".... It's that little gay one, wants to be a girl, ain't it?"
Her: "You liked her chicken before you knew that didn't you?"
Him: "Her?"
Her: "She ... never hurt anything and all she asks is that and keeping it quiet. Made those cookies you liked last week tooo...."
Him: "Well, anything cooks that good can hang around. Long as it doesn't go lookin' at me that way."
Her: " 'It?' [name]? 'It?' She goes on dates with her boyfriend, soo.... Don't think she'll bug you."
Him: "There's that 'she' stuff again...."
Her: "Are you still gonna be like that? Seriously, worst thing that's happened is you got baked cookies."
Him: "This is about you two watchin' chick flicks together when I'm gone ain't it?
Her: "You think a gay in a skirt is gonna do cheaty things with me? Think I'm attracted to that? Jealousy problems?"
Him: "O fine. Whatever."
Her: "I'm sure we can bake you some more cookies.... "
Him: "Least there's that.... None of the Walnut kind this time."

I'm kinda touched she'd stick up for me. Plus movie night. :D. She said she got me a dress off the clearance rack too.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108252 on: June 27, 2013, 11:05:04 pm »

<snip>
Behold the power of cookies!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7215 7216 [7217] 7218 7219 ... 13325