Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7213 7214 [7215] 7216 7217 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752027 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108210 on: June 27, 2013, 10:39:57 am »

I feel like i woke up at a decent time today. It was against my will but hey.

I've been working through my backlog of console games lately, prioritizing the handful I have left for my poor senile Xbox360 (which has many problems, none fatal thus far). One of these is an obscure(?) exclusive called Operation Darkness. A friend bought picked it up for me from a bargain bin after I fell in love with the demo years ago.

My god, how can something with such hideously terrible reviews be so wonderful.

Quote from: Wikipedia
IGN gave the game a 2.5 stating that "Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong". [2] The Official Xbox Magazine gave the game a 2.0 describing the game as "Tedious". EGM gave the game a 28 stating the game should be "avoided like lycanthropy".

I can not hear you over the sound of my uniformed werewolves shooting bazookas at nazi vampire tanks.

Also your medic is named Herbert East. Come on.

(Sure, it has the world's most hilariously wonky graphics, but it's not as if that doesn't enhance the experience...)
I played the demo and while it didn't seem like HOLY SHIT BEST GAME EVER to me, it certainly didn't seem that bad. I'd probably buy it if i had money and ever actually played my Xbox.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108211 on: June 27, 2013, 11:20:08 am »

I'm reading 'the Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath'. I am loving it. Like, I want to run a tabletop campaign with the Dreamland as a setting now.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #108212 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

In other news, I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit recently. Besides my minor gripe of Melissa Rabbit or whatever her name was being anatomically impossible, which can be shrugged off because toon, it was a damn good movie.
One of my dad's favorite movies, he made eight-year-old hyperactive me sit down and watch it, which is how I came to love it too.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108213 on: June 27, 2013, 11:56:30 am »

No conference call today. Yay!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #108214 on: June 27, 2013, 12:05:15 pm »

When working at my dad's office, I have experienced what all technology guys find that they do often; moving execs' furniture.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108215 on: June 27, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »

I've been working through my backlog of console games lately, prioritizing the handful I have left for my poor senile Xbox360 (which has many problems, none fatal thus far). One of these is an obscure(?) exclusive called Operation Darkness. A friend bought picked it up for me from a bargain bin after I fell in love with the demo years ago.

My god, how can something with such hideously terrible reviews be so wonderful.

Quote from: Wikipedia
IGN gave the game a 2.5 stating that "Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong". [2] The Official Xbox Magazine gave the game a 2.0 describing the game as "Tedious". EGM gave the game a 28 stating the game should be "avoided like lycanthropy".

I can not hear you over the sound of my uniformed werewolves shooting bazookas at nazi vampire tanks.

Also your medic is named Herbert East. Come on.

(Sure, it has the world's most hilariously wonky graphics, but it's not as if that doesn't enhance the experience...)
I played the demo and while it didn't seem like HOLY SHIT BEST GAME EVER to me, it certainly didn't seem that bad. I'd probably buy it if i had money and ever actually played my Xbox.
I played the demo several times just to see everything I could of it. I thought it looked really good and never understood why it was reviewed so negatively. It seemed like one of the better turn-based strategy games I've encountered.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108216 on: June 27, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »

When working at my dad's office, I have experienced what all technology guys find that they do often; moving execs' furniture.
Moving it to fit something in, or what?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108217 on: June 27, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »

-PYRAMID-
I played the demo several times just to see everything I could of it. I thought it looked really good and never understood why it was reviewed so negatively. It seemed like one of the better turn-based strategy games I've encountered.
Probably because they didn't pay the reviewers off enough.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #108218 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:07 pm »

Moving it to fit something in, or what?
Kinda like that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108219 on: June 27, 2013, 12:57:56 pm »

Passed the math test. Not with flying colors or anything close to it, but still passed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #108220 on: June 27, 2013, 02:55:15 pm »

Passed the math test. Not with flying colors or anything close to it, but still passed.
What kind of math?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108221 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »

Not exactly happy, but we don't have a "things that bring you closure today" thread.

Found out that Nick broke up with me because he didn't think we had a future together.

Wish he did, but at least now I know.

He apparently didn't want to string me along and make the break-up he saw coming bigger.

... Anyone in the GTA want to go on a date? o-o
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:07:28 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108222 on: June 27, 2013, 05:37:08 pm »

Not exactly happy, but we don't have a "things that bring you closure today" thread.

Found out that Nick broke up with me because he didn't think we had a future together.

Wish he did, but at least now I know.

He apparently didn't want to string me along and make the break-up he saw coming bigger.

... Anyone in the GTA want to go on a date? o-o

Grand Theft Auto?
Greater Toronto Area?
Toledo?
Tehran?
Tampa?
Tijuana?
Tokyo?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108223 on: June 27, 2013, 05:39:37 pm »

After 5 long weeks and over 4000 miles of driving, I'm finally home!
...for a week. Then I go to work and start earning money.

Also, there's a purring kitten in my lap. Seems her name is Zelda and the family got her while I was gone.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108224 on: June 27, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

For whom the bell tolls...
Pages: 1 ... 7213 7214 [7215] 7216 7217 ... 13325