Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7216 7217 [7218] 7219 7220 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746604 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After yesterday's fiasco, an uncle of mine agreed to keep me at his place during the summer at least. He lives in the countryside, so I get a fair bit of room and privacy for my things, while he'll probably use the few hours of help per day I can spare. :3

He's now driving over to pick up my things, I feel this will be a busy day...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108258 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:14 am »

I invented queso burgers today, and also I've resolved to teach my niece some of calculus before she's out of elementary school if I can visit often enough. >_________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108259 on: June 28, 2013, 12:20:20 am »

I invented queso burgers today, and also I've resolved to teach my niece some of calculus before she's out of elementary school if I can visit often enough. >_________>

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Vector strikes again!  Did I strike again?  I don't know.  You're using that sarcastic whale smiley that usually means I've struck something, like oil or rich.  But otherwise fuck yeah, go Bauglir go!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108261 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:21 am »

Vector strikes again!  Did I strike again?  I don't know.  You're using that sarcastic whale smiley that usually means I've struck something, like oil or rich.  But otherwise fuck yeah, go Bauglir go!
You made me like math so much that I think this is a good idea, so yes. Part of me, the part responsible for the shifty-eyed whale, insists that this will be more difficult than hooking her with "How'd you like to help me draw some pictures?" that turn out to be simple graphs. BUT I MUST TRY.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108262 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:20 am »

Catflakes.  Another thing you didn't know that you need.
Schrödinger’s cat Soon
very intrigued for this coming soon feature.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108263 on: June 28, 2013, 12:29:49 am »

You made me like math so much that I think this is a good idea, so yes. Part of me, the part responsible for the shifty-eyed whale, insists that this will be more difficult than hooking her with "How'd you like to help me draw some pictures?" that turn out to be simple graphs. BUT I MUST TRY.

ilu ;_;

My squidgy little heart has grown another three sizes.  Go for broke, dude.  By the way, my go-to method for helping people learn things about functions is helping them draw pictures with them (I spent a lot of multivariable calculus figuring out equations that would spit out surfaces that look like food) ;)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108264 on: June 28, 2013, 12:37:29 am »

(I spent a lot of multivariable calculus figuring out equations that would spit out surfaces that look like food) ;)
This sounds like the most delicious class.

EDIT: Also, I kinda wanna run a D&D campaign now. I don't have time, but this song just drips with campaign hook, and I may have to work that inspiration into the setting I need to start writing. Incidentally, that track is part of an album that is, overall, very nice.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:43:45 am by Bauglir »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108265 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:22 am »

Catflakes.  Another thing you didn't know that you need.
Body horror of the next to worst sort ;_;

1.5 cats were dismembered and one cat beheaded for every catflake created :'(

this is not how you handle feline overpopulation aaaaaahhh
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108267 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:18 am »

ilu ;_;

My squidgy little heart has grown another three sizes.  Go for broke, dude.  By the way, my go-to method for helping people learn things about functions is helping them draw pictures with them (I spent a lot of multivariable calculus figuring out equations that would spit out surfaces that look like food) ;)

what's this about function pictures?

Oh my god even I'm surprised by this

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108268 on: June 28, 2013, 02:40:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was nice :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108269 on: June 28, 2013, 07:19:22 am »

That is some dense math in the equations section, Putnam. But knowing it takes more math to draw a zergling-like than a pony-like curve is somewhat entertaining besides all the graph-things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 7216 7217 [7218] 7219 7220 ... 13325