Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7057 7058 [7059] 7060 7061 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808760 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105870 on: May 16, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »

There's mods for the graphics, these days. Dunno about the combat, it never really bothered me enough to go looking for something else. Especially once I got around to slipping in a magicka regen mod and actually using magic regularly, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105871 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

Even the graphics mods that I know of can't even bring Morrowind up to Oblivion-level graphics. Aside from a few mods to make the NPCs look more like real people, I don't mess with the graphics all that much.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105872 on: May 16, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »

Home internet has increased from 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Huzzah!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #105873 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

Even the graphics mods that I know of can't even bring Morrowind up to Oblivion-level graphics. Aside from a few mods to make the NPCs look more like real people, I don't mess with the graphics all that much.
Relevant to your interests, at least when it's finished.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105874 on: May 16, 2013, 03:33:42 pm »

Problem is I can't run Oblivion on this computer very well :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105875 on: May 16, 2013, 03:35:58 pm »

Meh.  For $10 and a couple of RPGs I've been waiting for for a dang long time, I'll take it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105876 on: May 16, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »

Welp, today i managed to pull out my sketchbook in class again, and it was notably easier than yesterday. I did not, however, manage to draw anything worthwhile. :P

i will when i can.
woot! :D
also i guess i promised to show you yesterdays sketchy thing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is nice that i'm not dependent upon night-time to draw things. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105877 on: May 16, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »

Hate to break your happy, but I heard somewhere that Bethesda pulled the plug on Morroblivion.

Started playing Morrowind again last night. Now, the graphics (especially those of the people) are admittedly clunky and the combat system is crap (dice roll-based hits in a real-time game with full freedom of movement is idiotic), but my god I forgot how immersive it can be. I've already decided to hike to Balmora instead of taking the siltstrider just so I can see the sights.
I usually walk it, because I've learned where every scrib, plus that one kwama forager, is along the way, plus just about every plant I can harvest. I also rob the general stores in Pelagiad along the way.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #105878 on: May 16, 2013, 04:43:31 pm »

Welp, today i managed to pull out my sketchbook in class again, and it was notably easier than yesterday. I did not, however, manage to draw anything worthwhile. :P

i will when i can.
woot! :D
also i guess i promised to show you yesterdays sketchy thing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is nice that i'm not dependent upon night-time to draw things. :U
Nice! :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #105879 on: May 16, 2013, 04:46:41 pm »

second solution www.openmw.org

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105880 on: May 16, 2013, 05:34:10 pm »

Started playing Morrowind again last night. Now, the graphics (especially those of the people) are admittedly clunky and the combat system is crap (dice roll-based hits in a real-time game with full freedom of movement is idiotic), but my god I forgot how immersive it can be. I've already decided to hike to Balmora instead of taking the siltstrider just so I can see the sights.
I usually walk it, because I've learned where every scrib, plus that one kwama forager, is along the way, plus just about every plant I can harvest. I also rob the general stores in Pelagiad along the way.

I made the mistake of walking from Balmora to Molag Mar once without knowing how far it was (I lacked a map on my used copy of Morrowind for Xbox [Got PC version not much later]).  It must have taken about a month considering how many Cliff Racers fought me on the way through endless ash piles and magma pools.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #105881 on: May 16, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »

Ahh you Bretons with boots of blinding speed . . .

I actually liked how they made things deliberately inaccessible to fast travel.  I swear I know every teleport point for both almsivi and divine interventions.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105883 on: May 16, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

I AM GOING TO KEEP POSTING EACH TRAILER FOR PACIFIC RIM HERE BECAUSE That IS JUST HOW EXCITED I AM
I'm still not sure if this is gonna be incredibly stupid or incredibly awesome, but nonetheless I'll mute my music to watch each trailer for this thing :P

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #105884 on: May 16, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

I AM GOING TO KEEP POSTING EACH TRAILER FOR PACIFIC RIM HERE BECAUSE That IS JUST HOW EXCITED I AM
I'm still not sure if this is gonna be incredibly stupid or incredibly awesome, but nonetheless I'll mute my music to watch each trailer for this thing :P

Awfully Stupendous.

or possibly

Stupendously Awful.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 7057 7058 [7059] 7060 7061 ... 13326