Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6813 6814 [6815] 6816 6817 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752903 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102210 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:00 pm »

Yeah, I know that. Although I've done stupid things like that before, such as when I accidentally ended a system process when I was trying to end a virus process with the same name. I'm 90% sure I didn't fuck up this time.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102211 on: March 24, 2013, 12:23:56 am »

Signed a new band...

...I got them several gigs right off the bat with performance contracts to sign and down payments.

...They swear I'm a wizard.
That's pretty cool. So, you're acting as their agent or what? I thought I read you were a lawyer or something. >.>

Sorry, I can't help but be interested, seeing how I'm a guy who loves playing guitar, loves skilled guitar playing and loves finding new awesome bands. Truean, you wouldn't happen to have a video or a link or some sort of info on this band, would you?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102212 on: March 24, 2013, 12:25:08 am »

Related to that: I was reading Toady's answer about classes and such, and he mentioned the "souls" vector that I found and messed around with with DFHack a couple weeks ago. Hehe, I find it interesting that he put something in that he didn't have any immediate plans for.
Not all that surprising. Everything in DF is the basis for a greater version in some way. Quite frankly, I'm surprised Toady doesn't get mentally frayed and put things in that aren't used yet more often.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102213 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:22 am »

Signed a new band...

...I got them several gigs right off the bat with performance contracts to sign and down payments.

That's pretty cool. So, you're acting as their agent or what? I thought I read you were a lawyer or something. >.>

Sorry, I can't help but be interested, seeing how I'm a guy who loves playing guitar, loves skilled guitar playing and loves finding new awesome bands. Truean, you wouldn't happen to have a video or a link or some sort of info on this band, would you?
Truean is the Überlawyer. Bands have a lot of things they're not skilled at, like...everything not music. Therefore, they need people to handle the "extraneous" stuff, that's boring but important. As such, lawyers handle things like contracts, which are in the band's best interests to have but are boring as fuck when you'd rather just be shredding.

Truean should say to hell with the public and just become a Music Lawyer/Band Manager.

Truean: Heavy Metal Lawyer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102214 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:03 am »

Signed a new band...

Truean is the Überlawyer. Bands have a lot of things they're not skilled at, like...everything not music. Therefore, they need people to handle the "extraneous" stuff, that's boring but important. As such, lawyers handle things like contracts, which are in the band's best interests to have but are boring as fuck when you'd rather just be shredding.

Truean should say to hell with the public and just become a Music Lawyer/Band Manager.

Remember to get some scorched platemail with giant spiked pauldrons for future contract negotiation meetings. And facepaint. It's tradition.

Actually, just get a Chaos Space Marine cosplayer to make you an outfit, that'll probably be easier.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102215 on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:11 am »

Just got back from a free guitar/flute concert over at the Australian National University. Pretty awesome stuff, it was being broadcast on ABC radio... The guy on guitar made some of those stretches look effortless, but then he has been playing for longer than I have been alive.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102216 on: March 24, 2013, 01:16:36 am »

Game title.  Someone make this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102218 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50:44 am »

That guy is actually very good at walking backwards.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102219 on: March 24, 2013, 01:58:03 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #102220 on: March 24, 2013, 02:01:21 am »

I actually got around to checking out why my cpu usage was so god damn high. Fuck you svchost.exe.

Once, my scvhost.exe was using 4.7 GB of memory.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102221 on: March 24, 2013, 02:03:22 am »

I actually got around to checking out why my cpu usage was so god damn high. Fuck you svchost.exe.

Once, my scvhost.exe was using 4.7 GB of memory.
Fuck you, Microsoft. That's bullshit. I hate scvhost with a passion. Probably because it runs 20 instances at once, when it should only be one.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102222 on: March 24, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

That guy is actually very good at walking backwards.

My thoughts the entire time I was watching this.  Just the fact that he was walking backwards this entire time, probably with people off-camera coaching him through it.  So simple, but well-executed.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102223 on: March 24, 2013, 02:07:23 am »

Not a programmer...so forgive me asking.
What does that thing do anyway? O_o [scvhost.exe]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102224 on: March 24, 2013, 02:10:32 am »

Fuck you, Microsoft. That's bullshit. I hate scvhost with a passion. Probably because it runs 20 instances at once, when it should only be one.
Yeah... that can kinda' get annoying. On the other hand, it sometimes makes identifying which service is buggering up a much simpler task. I still haven't found (okay, fair jab, I haven't looked either) a monitoring program that displays what each individual service is drawing on, resource wise. Process Explorer will tell you what services each individual scvhost is governing, but not what the individual services are chewing on.

Task manager is, of course, a useless sack of crap. That is also ugly.

@Tiru: It's just the process that runs your services. Firewall, automatic updater, audio stuff, LAN, etc., so forth, so on. Everything under the service thingy in admin tools.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 6813 6814 [6815] 6816 6817 ... 13325