Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6812 6813 [6814] 6815 6816 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753096 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102195 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »

In a state-wide hacking/cyber-security competition today, I came in third, beating a bunch of other high schoolers, college students, and security professionals. I now am to be offered a invitation/scholarship to a cyber-security program in which awesome certifications and the opportunity to take a residency are gained. Such a great day!
What competition?

I sent you a PM, in interests of not giving out too much personal information about myself to everyone.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102196 on: March 23, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »

In a state-wide hacking/cyber-security competition today, I came in third, beating a bunch of other high schoolers, college students, and security professionals. I now am to be offered a invitation/scholarship to a cyber-security program in which awesome certifications and the opportunity to take a residency are gained. Such a great day!
What competition?

I sent you a PM, in interests of not giving out too much personal information about myself to everyone.

You're good:P

Incidentally, I happened across something wonderful today.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102198 on: March 23, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »

Signed a new band.

They're young and in terms of business ... babes in the woods, fresh from a garage near you.... No bloody clue how to get decent gigs. Not incorporated, not using performance contracts, etc. That's not gonna continue being a problem.... I only get paid my 10% if they get paid, so take a wild guess if their chances of actually getting paid just went up or not....

Also, their guitarist is DAMN good.... Let me explain, most suck. This thing where this kid doesn't suck and is actually pretty damn good right off the bat is new and I approve.

Also it appears they tried to go it alone before they got sent my way. It went as you can imagine it did. T'was quite sad and they got taken advantage of a lot. Putting an end to that crap right quick.... No, no, damn it no, you get paid in more than food and booze and you limit the amount of booze you do. If anybody's getting smashed here it's me and I'm not.... If I see you going near that drugs shit, I'm gonna come over there.... I'm gonna take you to the county jail, the rehab places, and all the glorious shitholes to visit a few of my "friends" to tell you alllllll about the wonders of fourth and fifth degree felony possession charges.... If that doesn't work, I'll take you to the fucking cemetery (to scream at you by a headstone) where the last musician ended up after some of that shit and who would've been better off if I had shitkicked him til he got sober.  I will restrain myself from kicking you square in the nuts, somehow, even though it would be good for you and certainly better than jail or a grave.

I got no idea what kind of presentation/showmanship you're going for but whatever the hell that shit is, we're gonna fix that up so club owners hire you. Also the whole "letting a fan get in your head" thing.... Let me tell you about a little English band and a godawful ... shrieking thing named Yoko Ono who survived what must've been millions of pinpricks in countless voodoo dolls and unnumbered psychic death wishes....

I got them several gigs right off the bat with performance contracts to sign and down payments.

They swear I'm a wizard.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102199 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »

Fun with a Black/Blue Miller-Black/White Extortion Magic deck. Much devious fun.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102200 on: March 23, 2013, 09:42:36 pm »

Indian food + friend I haven't seen for some two years.  Very, very socially tired out, but happy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102201 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

The move is done. Wolfeyez' family is horrifyingly efficient. They moved the entire apartment before I got home from work today. I have another day left on the U-Haul rental. O.o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102202 on: March 23, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »

The move is done. Wolfeyez' family is horrifyingly efficient. They moved the entire apartment before I got home from work today. I have another day left on the U-Haul rental. O.o
Pretend to kidnap someone, toss em in the back, and burn rubber out of the parking lot.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102203 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »

Best. Gunfight. Ever.
It get's better.
That's strange.  The copmetitons I'm involved in just ened a few days ago.  It's only for high school students thou. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102204 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:36 pm »

Yeah, I'd never defend the UI, and it hasn't been the focus. It's hard to look ahead that far though. I definitely don't want to hamstring myself with graphics (see Armok 1), and I think the utilities like StoneSense have made a lot of progress there -- if you can't stand the text-based graphics of DF, I'd recommend checking out StoneSense and also the tilesets people have worked on. I'd probably end up doing in-game tutorials sooner than that, since not everybody will immediately go off to the wiki or the Youtube tutorials or the book, and they'd probably be easier to maintain than graphics.
Swoooon...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102205 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

Yeah, I'd never defend the UI, and it hasn't been the focus. It's hard to look ahead that far though. I definitely don't want to hamstring myself with graphics (see Armok 1), and I think the utilities like StoneSense have made a lot of progress there -- if you can't stand the text-based graphics of DF, I'd recommend checking out StoneSense and also the tilesets people have worked on. I'd probably end up doing in-game tutorials sooner than that, since not everybody will immediately go off to the wiki or the Youtube tutorials or the book, and they'd probably be easier to maintain than graphics.
Swoooon...

:DDDDDDDDDDDDD x forever

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102206 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »

Related to that: I was reading Toady's answer about classes and such, and he mentioned the "souls" vector that I found and messed around with with DFHack a couple weeks ago. Hehe, I find it interesting that he put something in that he didn't have any immediate plans for.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102207 on: March 23, 2013, 11:04:15 pm »

Related to that: I was reading Toady's answer about classes and such, and he mentioned the "souls" vector that I found and messed around with with DFHack a couple weeks ago. Hehe, I find it interesting that he put something in that he didn't have any immediate plans for.
Like the rgb values for the skin and hair colors for each dwarf?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #102208 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:57 pm »

I actually got around to checking out why my cpu usage was so god damn high. Fuck you svchost.exe.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102209 on: March 23, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

... scvhost is just the service process thingy. Proper task manager thingy (process explorer, ferex, pimp pimp) will let you see which services that particular instance is governing, letting you actually figure out what's causing it. Instead of blowing up a half dozen possibly vital services when you kill the process.

Though... maybe you knew? I'unno. Just making sure.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 6812 6813 [6814] 6815 6816 ... 13325